“50th Wedding Anniversary Surprise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Trump International Hotel and Tower New York

You added Trump International Hotel and Tower New York to your Saves list
Trump International Hotel and Tower New York
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Central Park West, New York City, NY 10023 (Upper West Side)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up to 30% off on Suites!
Ranked #30 of 463 Hotels in New York City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
USA
“50th Wedding Anniversary Surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We wanted a very special hotel to spend a few days in NYC to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary. After much research, we booked the Trump Hotel & Tower. I called their attache guest services coordinater, Paul Cholaram about some special needs and happened to mention that this visit would be to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary. We received much more than his warmest congratulations. On arrival, we were given a triple upgrade to a 2-room suite with a terrific view of Cenral Park, a bottle of champagne on ice, and an engraved card to wish us a Happy 50th Anniversary. Needless to say, we were overwhelmed by the generosity of the hotel. And this was just the beginning of a wonderful stay at a fabulous hotel.

Room Tip: Although the suite was on the 5th floor, there was virtually no noise from the street/traffic below.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for the rave review of your recent visit to the Trump International Hotel and Tower New York-Central Park! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to make your 50th Anniversary special. I am delighted to read your appraisal of our team, services and I know our Attache staff will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have tried a few hotels in NYC, but this one I will return to! I loved the location, absolutely perfect. The staff was extremely friendly, we had a one bedroom suite facing Central Park with beautiful views and it wasn't noisy. The room was the perfect size. There was a kitchen, 2 bathrooms, living area and bedroom. I adored the chandelier hanging over the breakfast table.
All of the art work were photographs from sights in Central Park which enticed me to go find them in person and take my own photos of the same sights. I succeeded in every one. This was something I had never done before, but I'm happy that I took the time to do it.
Room service food was good, bed was comfy, I have all good things to say about this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for the rave review of your recent visit to the Trump International Hotel and Tower New York-Central Park! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am delighted to read your appraisal of our team, services and I know our staff will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

The hotel is great! Large room, comfortable, luxurious and beautiful views of Central Park. The housekeepers are fantastic, the room was always cleanest, tidy and with small treats. My husband contacted the concierge to arrange my birthday and I received a beautiful cake with strawberries and champagne. We also had dinner at Jean-Georges and it was a memorable experience! Impeccable service, top-notch cuisine.
The check-in, however, was very difficult. The receptionist asked for proof of reservation, and the same was confirmed by the hotel less than a week before. Fortunately I had a copy of the reservation and handed it to him. For my surprise he asked to take a copy of it! I still don’t understand. I asked if everything was okay and he told me that their system was in trouble. I mean, the reservation was made, about 6 months ago, confirmed by phone and email and now you need a copy? I had previously notified that we would arrive at around 15h. Got an answer by email that the check in was at 16h, but the hotel would make everything possible to accommodate us earlier or we could wait at the spa. When we arrived the room was not ready in fact, the receptionist said we could only get the room by 16h and not even offered us a cup of coffee while we waited. The spa was never mentioned. We decided to take a walk around the mall next to the hotel and return at 16h. I also had asked for a room on a higher floor for email to Attaché Service and through the site of the Trump Card and the suite was on the 4th floor. I asked to change and was answered, but we had to wait more than 40 minutes. Meanwhile one of the receptionists said that, although we have to wait that he had "great news": he did not know if we were aware, but that suite cost more than three times the amount that we would pay (we booked by booking.com). I considered it extremely rude and unnecessary.
One day my husband forgot his key and they wouldn’t let him go upstairs. I was in the room, they just had to call me or ask for his ID. And it was our fourth night there, I think he could have been recognized at that point. He had to insist and eventually the girl on the front desk “allowed” him to go and asked the bellman to insert the key on the elevator.
So overall it was a good experience, but I was very disappointed with our arrival and with this key incident.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York-Central Park. We appreciate all forms of guest feedback, and it is through constructive comments that we are able to continually improve our services and facilities for our guests. Once again, thank you for your comments and I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future. I am confident that your next stay will prove to be an outstanding experience.
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I was there with my group in late April. We had four rooms ranging from a deluxe room to a city view executive suite. Everyone in my party had a great time and felt that the service was exceptional. They seemed to take care of all of the little details. Several in my party went to the spa and thought that it was also exceptional. I like the Columbus Circle area. It is across the street from the Park and from the Lincoln Center (which has a Whole Foods). It is also located right on the Columbus Circle subway stop making just about any location in the area reachable. This was my second stay at the Trump and will not be my last.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for choosing to stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York-Central Park and for taking the time to post a wonderful review of your recent visit. We are delighted to read that you would recommend our hotel and thank you for your kind comments. We look forward to welcoming you back soon again.
BEVERLY HILLS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

We loved staying in this hotel so much that we inquired about buying a two bedroom here but found out it was not a wise decision. The view of our room was to die for! Right in front of Central Park which we obviously loved. The location was perfect and close to so many great restaurants and shops. The service was absolutely wonderful and the staff polite, smiling and helpful. The rooms though very good can use a little more updating. But other than that, we loved it.

• Stayed August 2012
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for the very positive review regarding your recent visit to the Trump International Hotel and Tower New York-Central Park! I am delighted to read your appraisal of our team, services and I know our staff will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Whitehorse, Yukon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

My wife and i stayed here march 5-19th 2013. while pricy this is an amazing hotel with amazing staff. full kitchen although we did not use it. can walk to anywhere. downtown, the beach. must rent a car and tour the island. we did it 5 times in 4 days. shrimp trucks on the north shore amazing. they goe from the shrimp pond to the kitchen to the truck in a matter of hours. cant get any fresher than that.

Room Tip: some dont have balconies. request one to sit and have a coffee in the morning to people watch.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for choosing to stay at Trump International Hotel & Tower New York-Central Park and for taking the time to post a positive review of your experience. I do hope you will be returning to visit us again in the near future; we certainly look forward to welcoming your return.
St. Stephen, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed here for New Years in a Park View Suite; our overall impression was that our stay was near perfect. The first thing you will notice when staying at a Trump property is the service. The staff are courteous, eager, and pleasant to deal with. Nothing is out of the question or too much trouble. From the moment you arrive, the door men, front desk, and baggage staff are all anxious to tend to your needs. Our room was immaculate, spacious, and well equipped. The floor to ceiling windows overlooking Central Park make for an awe inspiring view. New York truly is one of the greatest cities in the world and the view from our suite confirmed that feeling for us. As for size, it is greater than 550 square feet, so larger than most New York City luxury hotel rooms. One thing anyone who has stayed in New York is aware of is the small bathrooms, with showers that lack in water pressure, especially in the "classic luxury" hotels. Trump International Hotel and Tower has this covered, the bathrooms are spacious, luxurious, and boast the best shower I've had on a trip in New York yet.
For the foodie, Jean George, a three Michelin Star restaurant, is located in Trump Tower, as well as the more casual Nougatine, also by Jean George. We had the privilege to dine in both and count these meals as some of our favorites. I will review the restaurants later. Reservations are required, but the staff was very accommodating in switching us to a later seating as our flight arrived later than expected and we had a show to catch that evening.
Some guests may notice the lobby, or lack thereof. I can only assume that as a business man Donald Trump doesn’t want to invest money into something that won’t generate money in return. Hence the small, but functional lobby.
Finally I wanted to touch again on the exceptional service. Our last morning we checked out and left our bags in the hotel lobby while we did some shopping downtown. On our return to the hotel we were escorted to the hotel spa where we had access to freshen up. This meant showers, tooth paste, tooth brush, razors to shave, everything and anything. After a day of running up and down Fifth Ave. and Greenwich Village carrying my wife’s bags this type of service was greatly appreciated before getting on our plane. After "freshening up" I chatted with some spa staff while I waited for my wife, it was then that the spa manager noticed some lint on my wool overcoat and proceeded to lint roll my jacket for me while I waited. To some, maybe these aren't extraordinary measures in terms of service, but it was these types of gestures and hospitality that will continue to bring my wife and I back to Trump International Hotel and Tower.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with a Park View Suite.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest, Thank you for the very positive review of your New Year's visit to the Trump International Hotel and Tower New York-Central Park! I am delighted to read your appraisal of our team, services and I know our staff will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Been to Trump International Hotel and Tower New York? Share your experiences!