“At your service Madame .” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Trump International Hotel and Tower New York

You added Trump International Hotel and Tower New York to your Saves list
Trump International Hotel and Tower New York
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Central Park West, New York City, NY 10023 (Upper West Side)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Up to 30% off on Suites!
Ranked #35 of 464 Hotels in New York City
BEVERLY HILLS
“At your service Madame .”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

We loved staying in this hotel so much that we inquired about buying a two bedroom here but found out it was not a wise decision. The view of our room was to die for! Right in front of Central Park which we obviously loved. The location was perfect and close to so many great restaurants and shops. The service was absolutely wonderful and the staff polite, smiling and helpful. The rooms though very good can use a little more updating. But other than that, we loved it.

• Stayed August 2012
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for the very positive review regarding your recent visit to the Trump International Hotel and Tower New York-Central Park! I am delighted to read your appraisal of our team, services and I know our staff will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
Whitehorse, Yukon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

My wife and i stayed here march 5-19th 2013. while pricy this is an amazing hotel with amazing staff. full kitchen although we did not use it. can walk to anywhere. downtown, the beach. must rent a car and tour the island. we did it 5 times in 4 days. shrimp trucks on the north shore amazing. they goe from the shrimp pond to the kitchen to the truck in a matter of hours. cant get any fresher than that.

Room Tip: some dont have balconies. request one to sit and have a coffee in the morning to people watch.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for choosing to stay at Trump International Hotel & Tower New York-Central Park and for taking the time to post a positive review of your experience. I do hope you will be returning to visit us again in the near future; we certainly look forward to welcoming your return.
St. Stephen, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed here for New Years in a Park View Suite; our overall impression was that our stay was near perfect. The first thing you will notice when staying at a Trump property is the service. The staff are courteous, eager, and pleasant to deal with. Nothing is out of the question or too much trouble. From the moment you arrive, the door men, front desk, and baggage staff are all anxious to tend to your needs. Our room was immaculate, spacious, and well equipped. The floor to ceiling windows overlooking Central Park make for an awe inspiring view. New York truly is one of the greatest cities in the world and the view from our suite confirmed that feeling for us. As for size, it is greater than 550 square feet, so larger than most New York City luxury hotel rooms. One thing anyone who has stayed in New York is aware of is the small bathrooms, with showers that lack in water pressure, especially in the "classic luxury" hotels. Trump International Hotel and Tower has this covered, the bathrooms are spacious, luxurious, and boast the best shower I've had on a trip in New York yet.
For the foodie, Jean George, a three Michelin Star restaurant, is located in Trump Tower, as well as the more casual Nougatine, also by Jean George. We had the privilege to dine in both and count these meals as some of our favorites. I will review the restaurants later. Reservations are required, but the staff was very accommodating in switching us to a later seating as our flight arrived later than expected and we had a show to catch that evening.
Some guests may notice the lobby, or lack thereof. I can only assume that as a business man Donald Trump doesn’t want to invest money into something that won’t generate money in return. Hence the small, but functional lobby.
Finally I wanted to touch again on the exceptional service. Our last morning we checked out and left our bags in the hotel lobby while we did some shopping downtown. On our return to the hotel we were escorted to the hotel spa where we had access to freshen up. This meant showers, tooth paste, tooth brush, razors to shave, everything and anything. After a day of running up and down Fifth Ave. and Greenwich Village carrying my wife’s bags this type of service was greatly appreciated before getting on our plane. After "freshening up" I chatted with some spa staff while I waited for my wife, it was then that the spa manager noticed some lint on my wool overcoat and proceeded to lint roll my jacket for me while I waited. To some, maybe these aren't extraordinary measures in terms of service, but it was these types of gestures and hospitality that will continue to bring my wife and I back to Trump International Hotel and Tower.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with a Park View Suite.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest, Thank you for the very positive review of your New Year's visit to the Trump International Hotel and Tower New York-Central Park! I am delighted to read your appraisal of our team, services and I know our staff will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Colchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

My husband pulled out all the stops by taking me here for my 30th birthday last year.

Having always wanted to visit NYC, he chose the perfect place for us to stay.

The location is fantastic, right on the edge of Central Park, a stones throw from Broadway and right on the Columbus Circle.

The hotel staff were very pleasant and made us feel very welcome. Our room was lovely, with a huge bed and even bigger TV!

We dined in Jean George one evening which was a truly unique experience.

One of us had the chefs tasting menu while the other had the spring tasting menu accompanied by the wine matching menu & it was worth every penny (£800 for 2 but you only live once hey!)

The intricate detail of the food and presentation was something else, the wine selections were very well chosen and explained to us by the knowledgeable Sommelier.

We had breakfast in bed one morning and even to date i am still telling people about the 'BEST' eggs benedict i have ever tasted. (Although this particular breakfast did cost of £100 for 2)

For our first taste of the U.S and most importantly the big apple, we were truly blown away by the whole experience.

Hopefully one day we'll be back - Thank you

Room Tip: The higher the better
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel & Tower New York-Central Park to celebrate your 30th birthday and for taking the time to post such a wondering review of your experience. I do hope you will be returning to visit us again in the near future; we certainly look forward to welcoming your return.
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for more than a week during the blizzard in February. We have separate bedrooms, living room and kitchen. We enjoyed the tidiness and service mindset of staff. After long walks through Manhattan and Central Park we felt as if we arrived at home.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest, Thank you for the very positive review of your recent visit to the Trump International Hotel and Tower New York-Central Park! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and certainly look forward to welcoming you back "home" in the near future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed 7 days in this hotel, very good location and beautiful room, full kitchen and sleeper sofa in the sitting room separate from the bedroom, perfect if you have children. The only matter is the bathroom, very small , old style and without a separate shower. Service was very good in total but the food of the room service wasn't good, not in line with a five star hotel. Fortunatly we had a beatiful kitchen and in the big food shop inside time warner ( very close to the hotel ) you can find everything ! I have only another concern : the hall, very small, not what you expect from a Trump hotel !!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York. We appreciate all forms of guest feedback, and it is through constructive comments that we are able to continually improve our services and facilities for our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back to Trump International Hotel & Tower New York-Central Park in the near future.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Ever notice how front of house staff at 5 star luxury hotels are just like guests at a wedding on the dance floor??

You know what I'm talking about don't you? - That moment at the wedding when everyone gets up to dance and at that moment you get to witness a range of ability and expertise ranging from John Travolta right down to the timing of an alarm clock that went down with the Titanic, or an epileptic version of Donald Duck. - They all get the same music to dance to, they all have the same surface to dance on, but some people, they just don't know how to dance!

And so it is with luxury hotel front of house staff commencing when you check in. The hotel is the dance floor and the front of house staff are all doing their best to dance to that hip tune " Five star luxury service"

Thats where we come in, we're the people at the wedding watching the dancing. The FOH staff at the other luxury hotels we have stayed at are all the other people dancing. - Thats how we know when we are watching John Travolta on check in or some poor schmuck who just doesn't know how to dance.

So, the Trump? - can they dance?? - Well, this was our fifth visit in recent years, mainly because we wanted some more Travolta action similar to the last times we stayed there. This time was a little different....... but overall very good.

We booked through AEXP Centurion FHR program, which value adds the stay by including late/early check ins/outs ( early is subject to availability) We had booked a two hour spa session in the hotel spa from 3.30PM followed by an early dinner at Jean Georges at 6.30PM - ( better to book there the day you are born to ensure you have contacted them early enough to get a table, as in five visits this was the first time we had been able to secure a table despite attempting to book several months out!!)
We arrived at the hotel at 2.30PM on schedule and on check in we met a nice lady who did not know how to dance. " your room will not be ready until the standard check in time of 3.00PM" she announced with all the gusto of a third world country dictator!! - we explained about the need to unpack,shower and then run up an obscene bill at the hotel spa and restaurant. - however, at this point it became apparent that I was dancing with someone who was stepping all over my feet! - Ouch !!

Now its true the standard check in time is 3.00PM, however just like dancing, its all about finesse and style. - It doesn't matter how bad the tune is that you are dancing to its all about looking good while you dance to it. - and so back to my new dance partner at the check in. " Dear sir" she said " I wish to advise'" she said. " I have already informed you" she said. - Yes, I understand the problem,however I have always believed you catch a lot more flies with sugar than vinegar and she was spilling that nasty vinegar all over the place while she was dancing all over my feet!! - then wifey got all upset, please don't upset my wifey, I don't like that !

So, the wife and I limped off to the restaurant next to reception to lick all the wounds on our poor sore feet and chill out while our new friend at reception rehearsed some fresh dance moves. 15 minutes later we returned and the new moves paid off. - Our suite was now ready for invasion ! - Where's John Travolta when you need him? Why couldn't we have danced with him on check in? - Would have been a much happier first dance.

Anyway, moving right along now...... Lets talk about the rest of our dance card at the Trump which, as usual was full. The Spa, can they dance?? - Yeah, baby they can dance. We like deep tissue massage, I asked to be treated like a farm animal and my therapist obliged. - Ahhh, just what I needed. - Both wifey and I found ourselves with dance partners who busted all the moves, wow !!

Off to Jean Georges then for dinner. Now the set up here is interesting.. The front desk for the restaurant is in an airlock at the front of the hotel next to reception, it's like a small square fish bowl. Behind the desk are three staff to meet and greet ( why three,who knows?), when we arrived they were keen to dance, but there was no room to, so they had to pick up a phone and announce our arrival to yet another front of house person some distance away in the restaurant. - Then we all just stood there for ( seemed like for eva), like half sucked candy bars waiting to be digested, an unfinished symphony, it was like being stuck in an elevator making awkward conversation because you are all just standing there together staring at each other waiting for someone to come and get you out of there. - Interesting???

Once inside, we found out these guys, they not only know how to dance, they must run masterclasses in it. The front of house staff?? - Outstanding, just like any true professional they make spoiling you stupid look easy - it was like poetry in motion. - The chef, he's a guru, he could teach Travolta a few new steps. - No doubt. - You might have to book light years ahead to eat here, but do it, its well worth the effort. - " May the force be with you"

Our suite, what a dance floor!! - More like a stage really... We attained our usual 1 bedroom on the corner suite ( suite 8 on each floor of the hotel) - Why so pedantic? These suites have bedrooms facing Central Park and a Lounge facing both Central Park as well as Columbus Circle and a great view down the Avenues. Beautifully furnished, tastefully decorated, light and airy is how I would describe our suite. - A flatscreen TV the size of a city block in both the bedroom and the lounge are nice additions. - Trust me, this is the dance floor you want !

Location: - Dude, this is the Studio 54 of luxury hotels in Manhattan.Right across the road from Central Park !! - Where else would you want to dance?

The rest of the stay was without mishap, our dance card exhausted, it was time to go. - Off to the next dance !

Room Tip: Get a suite No. 8 on each floor if you go for a 1 bedroom Park View suite. - Best views in the house...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Guest, I am very pleased to learn of your positive impressions after your recent stay with us at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York-Central Park. Thank you for sharing your feedback and for recommending our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.