“great views and service in New York City” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Trump International Hotel and Tower New York

You added Trump International Hotel and Tower New York to your Saves list
Trump International Hotel and Tower New York
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Central Park West, New York City, NY 10023 (Upper West Side)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up to 30% off on Suites!
Ranked #30 of 463 Hotels in New York City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New York, NY
“great views and service in New York City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2007

My husband and I stayed in a 1 bedroom suite at the Trump International for 4 nights in early December, 2007. The hotel was comfortable, classy, and very nicely located off of Columbus Circle. New York in December is my favorite place to be--The Trump Hotel is located just off of the southwest corner of Central Park. During the month of December, there is a holiday vendor fare on the corner of the park (fun place to walk around).

On the other side of Columbus Circle is the Time Warner Center. Top end shopping stores, the Bouchon Bakery (great place for lunch), more recently opened Landmarc Restaurant (we used to eat at the Landmarc in tribeca and this one is just as nice with even more space!). We went there for breakfast and the food was fantastic (especially the AMAZING French toast).

Now--getting back to the hotel review.

The room was veyr spacious with gorgeous views of Central Park and Columbus circle. we were on the 8th floor in a corner room. One pitfall is that with the lights on at night, you can see into the rooms next to you--and they can also see you) because of the way the building was built. However, just make sure you don't walk around naked and you should be fine :)

During the day the room got a bit warm because the sun was shining so intensely, but thats OK given how cold it was outside.

Each day there were chocolates from Jean Gorge's restuarant and also Fiji water bottles. nice! there was a full kitchen stocked with Le Bernardin plates (I wish I could've taken those home with me!). A flat screen tv in the living room area, as well as a dining room table, desk and comfy couch. the bedroom was spacious with a closet and television. The only problem with the closet was that a set of drawers was inside on the right, and the safe was inside on the left--which made it seem like there wasn't much closet space.

The bathrooms had very nice soaps, bubble bath, shampoo, conditioner--everything was stocked eveyr day.

The turndown service at night was well done with slippers, a bathrobe, and even a linen towel placed on the floor next to the bed.

I thought the hotel was fantastic and would highly recommend it for anyone traveling to NYC.

Stayed December 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2007

We stayed for 7 nights for our Honeymoon and everything was perfect.

Before we left the UK we booked tickets for the Yankees game using the concierge and they couldnt be more helpful. The seats were fantastic and we had the best time.

The room was upgraded to a suite and we had a kitchen to share with the suite over the hall with all usual amenities. The lounge had a huge TV sofa area desk dining table and lots of space. The window looked out onto central park and was spectacular day or night.

When we arrived champagne and chocolates were in the room along with a nice welcome card.

We had a huge bed with another TV and there was CD/radio DVD players and a nintendo! The bathroom was very classy and had a very good shower in it over the bath.

Each night they came and turned down the beds and left chocolates and water on the side table. The bedroom also overlooked central park.

The staff were fantastic and the restaurant was nice...its very well thought of but we thought it was slightly too experimental for us but we did have two meals there and room service. The restaurant was not particularly pricey compared to London and really 3 courses with wine for £45 was a bit cheap...but nice all the same and very very very good service.

The pool area was very uninviting if you were swimming on your own but I guess its made for those who swim fast for exercise. The sauna did not get up to temperature very fast and it is in the changing rooms.

The door staff were superb, we met Adam Sandler and Kevin James thanks to Horacio and we would thank him for all of his tips about places to go etc throughout our stay.

Many big celebrities stay here and it is clear to see why. It really was the best hotel I have ever stayed in and if I am ever in the money again I'll stay there. The location meant at least 10 mins walk to the main shops but it was worth it and taxis were so easy to come by and cheap.

• Liked — Great bed and great lounge
  • Disliked — sauna too cold...minor thing
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2007

I have ever been such a great hotel,so everything is parfect,Id love to stay again,so here is my special apartment
By
[--]

• Stayed August 2007
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2007

We stayed here for four nights in their standard double room which turned out to be a spacious suite with sittingroom, bedroom, kitchen and bathroom, 2 TVs etc. All very luxurious although in somewhat vulgar taste with gold taps, boring nothingy pictures on the walls, but nevertheless extremely comfortable and with excellent service, particularly from the chamber maid, which included turn down service complete with bottles of water, chocolates, bathrobes and so on. The bed itself was particularly comfortable with a lovely soft, thick mattress cover and nice pillows.

On arrival we were given a complementary drink (tea or coffee) in our room. Breakfast was in the famous Jean Georges restaurant overlooking Central Park and, again, was excellent and not bad value either.

This is an expensive hotel on Columbus Circle, perhaps not the perfect location, but certainly to be recommended if you feel like treating yourself.

• Liked — Friendly efficient staff and excellent service combined with very comfortable, luxurious accommodation
  • Disliked — Nothing to dislike.
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2007

We just returned from a weekend in NYC at the Trump Intl. Hotel. The hotel is wonderful and the service is excellent. We took advantage of the Suite Sunday deal and stayed in a Jr. Executive Suite. The room was huge; since there were 3 of us we were worried it would be too crowded. This was not the case we never seemed to get in each others way.
The hotel staff was exceptional making sure every need was fulfilled and didn't even give us a hard time when we needed a vase for flowers at 2am when returning to the hotel. We also requested maintenance at this time to unlock the windows and it wasn't a problem.
The location is great right across the street from Central Park and Columbus Circle. This made it easier for cabs to find instead of giving the street address. There are also nice shops across the street too.
Although we did not dine in the restaurant we had drinks at the bar. The drinks were good and the prices were average. We did dine at DelFriscos Steak House which I would highly recommend the food was the best I ever had.
This was my first trip to NYC and definately not my last. If you're planning a trip to NYC I would highly recommend you stay at the Trump Intl. Hotel.

• Liked — Attention to details
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2007

Very hard to find fault with this hotel. Ideal location, great staff, well appointed rooms, 2 big closets, nice gym, free computers in business center to check email. Our room had a long hallway, mini kitchen complete with stove, toaster, coffee maker. Very nice to make a simple breakfast in the room instead of going out or room service. There is a whole foods in the Time Warner building across the street. Of course, this is an expensive hotel, but we got a great corporate rate ($380) which made it a good deal.

• Liked — location, decor
  • Disliked — no fan in bathroom
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
Riverside, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2007

Overall, the hotel is great. Loved the service and attention to detail. Only problem I faced was after a very long day, I wanted to take a bath and relax in the jacuzzi tub. First problem - the knob to turn on the water was broken! I called the front desk and they sent facilities immediately to the room. An hour later after ripping the wall out, housekeeping came to reclean the tub. After I finally had some running water, I turned on the shower just to give it an extra rinse - and the shower head was facing the wall and I couldn't turn it! I called the front desk again and this time I was upset. They sent facilities back to fix the shower head. I asked if there was anything else the Trump hotel could do to help soothe my nerves after a long day, and now the disappointment of waiting for an hour and a half to fix the shower. So, they said I could have breakfast on them. Well, next time I book into the hotel, I will be asking if the shower is working!!!

• Liked — The attention to detail.
  • Disliked — The broken tub valve and shower head!!!
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Trump International Hotel and Tower New York? Share your experiences!