“Will Return” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The St. Regis New York

You added The St. Regis New York to your Saves list
The St. Regis New York
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 East 55th Street, at Fifth Avenue, New York City, NY 10022 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #45 of 459 Hotels in New York City
Calgary
“Will Return”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Stayed 3 nights and was overly impressed. While it is not a hotel for all, the decor and service is what I like. The room was decently sized and the service was exceptional. Great location. I dined outside the hotel so did not try their restaurant. Overall it was a great stay. I will be returning.

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to ask questions when you arrive. The service is exceptional, very friendly.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
StRegisNYC, Manager at The St. Regis New York, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
We are so grateful for your feedback, and we thank you for taking the time to review your experience on TripAdvisor.

We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I thought that only hotels in Asia and Europe were able to offer the very plush services that this hotel has to offer. I have stayed at The Peninsula, right across on fith ave and 57th, and eventhough it is very nice and luxurious, they are worlds apart, not only the Ave that separates them. From the moment you walk in, you are transported to another dimension/atmosphere. No details are left unconvered. The Butler service is WOW, the rooms are very spacious and delicatetly appointed. The best wake up service ever, a fresh brewed pot of coffe is delivered to your room as part of the process. Thes best I save for last, the staff is incredible, they are so nice, profesional........
My new place in NY going forth.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
On behalf of the entire team at The St. Regis New York, we thank you for sharing the details of your recent visit to our hotel on TripAdvisor.

At The St. Regis New York, we pride ourselves on exceptional service, and we are so glad that you were able to experience this first hand.

Please let us know when you will be returning to New York, as we would love to welcome you back as our guest.
Beverly Hills, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Stayed here for four nights on our way home from oveseas. Our travel agent arranged for four nights for the cost of three. Still, I was offended that I had to pay for a full night when our lfight from overseas arrived in NYC at 6 AM and we arrived at the hotel at 8 AM. Pricey but beautiful room and a nice personal butler to boot who arranged tea and cookies every afternoon en suite. This is possibly the best location in the city adjacent to Fifth Avenue and transportation everywhere.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

The hotel is a bit stuffy, not hip and quite expensive. Other than that - the beds are divine, the quality of service is impeccable and the location is perfect for uptown. Stayed here for three nights Sept. 10-13, like pretty much everything, except for the design and the dining experiences - apparently the restaurant is being redecorated, so there is little room for breakfast and you actually have to wait for a table in prime breakfast time - in a hotel of this caliber I find it strange. Also the fitness room is not very large is incredibly crowded in the morning.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay on TripAdvisor. Our restaurant is currently being refurbished and we apologize for any inconveniences. We will be opening a larger fitness center at the end of the fall and we hope you will return to experience the new space!
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

This hotel is top notch in service, location, rooms, bathrooms, everything you want from a hotel.
As expected.
St Regis is a classic that pursue - and delivers - perfection.
Stay there for (only !) 03 nights last july - myself and my two kids, 13 and 11.
Room - one of the smallest I guess - was huge, chic, impecable. The bathroom was amazingly clean and chic, all in marble. Enourmous, tons (!!) of towels, a great TV, delicious amenities.
The front desk girl greeted all of us by name, since day one.
The location is perfect , right on 5th av.
Hope I can come back many times...
Thank you St Regis for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
It was truly a pleasure having you as our guest during your recent visit to New York City.

On behalf of the entire team at The St. Regis New York, we are so pleased that you were able to experience our hotel and enjoy the high service and quality levels which we pride ourselves on.

Thank you for your time in reviewing our property on TripAdvisor, and please let us know when you will be returning, as we would love to have you as our guest.
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I stayed at this hotel and everything from start to finish was great. The Concierge was nothing short of professional. It was cool to have a butler that was at my beck and call when needed. The rooms are very spacious and has a victorian era meets modern feel. I ordered room service and the food was great. Well definitely return in the near future.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
We are very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your recent visit to The St. Regis New York and we hope to see you at The Best Address again soon!
DC/Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I redeemed nearly all of my Starwood points to stay here on my birthday and found that my special day was not acknowledged at all. Not even the smallest gesture of a simple "Happy Birthday" was provided by the front desk staff - even though I presented my ID during check-in on my birthday and also had made note of it durning my reservation. Otherwise, I generally found the hotel staff cold and reserved - perhaps they were just focused on all of the other famous guests that were at the hotel during my stay. Last month I had the pleasure of staying at the Peninsula down the street and the service there was simply divine. The room and the hotel itself is simply stunning, but because of the service, or lackthereof, I cannot recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
StRegisNYC, Manager at The St. Regis New York, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
We regret to learn of the disappointment you experienced during your recent visit.

At The St. Regis New York we continuously strive to offer exceptional levels of service and to recognize each special occasion, however in this case it appears we failed to deliver.

We apologize for this oversight and hope it will not prevent you from returning in the future.

Kind Regards
The St. Regis Management Team

Been to The St. Regis New York? Share your experiences!