“Not so great!!!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Shoreham

You added Shoreham to your Saves list
Shoreham
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   33 West 55th Street, Just off of Fifth Avenue, New York City, NY 10019 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Pop.Fizzle.Clink
Ranked #321 of 459 Hotels in New York City
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Not so great!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Just returned from a short visit in NYC.... I was very disappointed with the hotel...The room did not look anything like the pictures...The heat in the bedroom was so unbearable, that I could not sleep...Someone came up to see what was wrong and I was told that it could not be turned off or controlled,,,Sorry....The coffee machine in lobby was great but the service ends at 11:00,,,WHY????? I loved the location, but unfortunately would not return...Disappointed...

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
david_sandler, General Manager at Shoreham, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear Jaymarch,

Thanks for the feedback on your most recent stay. I'm disappointed to hear that you didn't enjoy your room; this is definitely not typical of the service we offer at our hotel. If you are ever in New York again, please feel free to reach out to us as we would be more than happy to try and make it up to you.

David Sandler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
  • Thai first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

It was my first time at this hotel. I stayed for one night only in the ph10. I really love it. I asked for a special request and they addressed it at good level. The jacuzzi was just perfect. Everything was better than I expected!!! I would definitely come back and stay for more than one night. It was a good experience!!!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Marco T,

Thank you staying with us here at The Shoreham and for providing us feedback following your stay. We pride ourselves in providing the best customer service experience possible. I’m very pleased that you loved your first stay at The Shoreham. It brings me great pleasure to know that you were most impressed with our jacuzzi. We look forward to welcoming you back!!

Omaha, Nebraska, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

We have stayed at many NYC hotels but this is our new favorite. Perfect location, exceptional value and well appointed rooms. AWESOME! It is on Restaurant Row in midtown Manhattan and convenient to all museums and Central Park. Free coffee every morning as well!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Trish F,

We were delighted to receive and so pleased that you enjoyed your first stay at Shoreham. I am particularly pleased that you have mentioned our location and our rooms. I will be sure to pass on your positive comments to our team. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Warm Regards,

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

This was a fantastic hotel for our first trip to NYC. We had quite the agenda to cover in our 5 days in New York and this was a great choice.There are several great restaurants within walking distance as well as most of the sites we wanted to see: 30 Rock, Central Park, Times Square, Madison Sq Garden, etc.
The room we had was a little small but for just the two of us and all the more time we spent at the hotel it worked out great. Our only complaint was that they only left 1 washcloth most days and it often took 15+minutes to get another delivered to the room. Even if a phone call was required to get another washcloth delivered, I'd still stay here for the friendly atmosphere and great location.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
david_sandler, General Manager at Shoreham, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Dear EbFrederick,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at the Shoreham. I’m glad you found our rooms were cleaned to your satisfaction and our amenities were up to your standards. We value your comments and we will take your feed back in order to continue to provide quality service. Our location is one of the key features that makes our property special and a true hidden gem! My team and I look forward to your continued visits and take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and service at all times.

Regads,

Toledo, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

The Shoreham is a $50-60 cab ride from LaGuardia. Once there, it's a short walk for shopping on Fifth Avenue or a walk in Central Park. It's a slightly longer walk to Rockefeller Center and, of course, Times Square.

It's very clean with a somewhat trendy appearance. Coffee is available every morning for free from a coffee/cappuccino/espresso machine near the lobby starting at 6 am. There's a Dunkin Doughnuts a few feet toward 6th Ave that opens at 5:30 if you need an earlier coffee fix. Laundry is promptly returned same day, properly folded.

The bathroom was dated except for a somewhat unusual full length mirror on the wall inside the bathtub/shower. The tub had no grit on its bottom, was slippery and there were no handles to use for steadying. There are only 2 "bath" towels per day that are only slightly larger than hand towels. The king size bed fills much of the room with the light switches inconveniently located on the opposite side of the bed from the tv. There is a work table with no chair, unless you want to sit on the bed and reach for it. There was an automatic massage chair in my room but other guests I spoke to didn't have this amenity. The elevators are old and bump, grind and jerk their way up and down. I didn't eat at the hotel restaurant's $24 or $25 breakfast buffet.

All in all, livable (I was there 5-days), interesting, conveniently located and not too expensive according to NYC rates.

Room Tip: There are 2 penthouses on the 10th or "PH" floors.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
david_sandler, General Manager at Shoreham, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
DearThomz12345,

Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience with us. I'm happy to hear our location was convenient for you and that enjoyed our complimentary coffee and laundry services. Please let us know next time you're in New York if you'd like to come visit us again, and we’ll accommodate you with a room that better suits your needs. Feel free to reach out to me directly.

Palmerton
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

This hotel stinks if your allergic to pets. NONE of the rooms at this hotel are pet free. So if you enjoy not being able to breath like both my wife & I did then stay here. Otherwise pick another hotel that doesn't allow pets in every room.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Anknxn,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide our hotel with your feedback. I apologize on behalf of the hotel, for not providing you with the experience you had hoped for; please know our team has been notified of your experience and they hope for your return, so that we may make it up to you. If you decide to give us another try, please feel free to contact me and I will make sure your stay will be nothing short of perfect. Thanks you again for your time, and have a great day.

Warm Regards,

Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Our time at the Shoreham Hotel was just excellent.
It is located at probably one of the best spots in NYC.
My girlfriend and I were staying on the penthouse floor in a - I assume -
queen suite. It was spacious, stylish and clean.
However, during our stay the property itself wasn't the only good thing. The staff at the Shoreham was just amazing. It was so much fun and they were super helpful with any advice we needed. We never had such a good time in a foreign city.
David, Victor, Becca, Spencer, Junior and everyone else became real friends and
made our stay fabulous and unforgettable. They are all one of a kind.

Thank you so much, hope to see you very soon again!

Madeleine & Alexander

Room Tip: Choose PH3, its a room on the penthouse floor. it is really spacious and has a terrace.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear AlexanderH2288,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your recent stay. I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and our rooms were to your liking! We pride ourselves in making every guest stay as memorable as possible. We hope that you will choose to stay with us in your future stays in NYC. Please feel free to call me directly; we will do our best to top your last stay!

David Sandler

Been to Shoreham? Share your experiences!