Came here for the long weekend with my wife, and friends, and was able to get a great deal at the Shoreham. While not much to look at from the outside, inside, the Shoreham is decorated nicely, with modern decor and colors. Situated between 5th and 6th avenue, on W55th, it was conveniently located to all midtown sights, and a short walk to the park, shopping, and grand central. Being two blocks from the famed "halal guys" cart is an added bonus, and the variety of food/drinks in the area is great. Loved the proximity to everywhere we wanted to go, and being close to subway stations, and taxis got us anywhere we needed to be.
Knowing that we were arriving early, I called a day earlier to see if we could check in early in the morning. The front desk was able to accommodate and we were able to check in as soon as we got there. When we checked out, they were able to hold our bags, and call us a large SUV to JFK, which could fit 8 people. Everyone was friendly, and the staff definitely helped however they could whenever we had any questions.
The rooms are fairly typical for boutiques in Manhattan (small), but if you get a room with two queen beds, expect it to be a bit larger. The room we had was akin to any Starwood Aloft hotel and actually almost looked like it could have been one, if the bathroom was behind the beds, rather than off to the side. The shower pressure was one of the strongest/best showers I've had in a hotel. The only thing to note was that the heater in the room didn't work, and after a maintenance guy "fixed" it at 2am, it took another maintenance guy the next day to actually fix it. Once it was fixed, it almost worked too well, and the room was always warm. While the room/hotel didn't feel luxurious, it was clean and comfortable.
If someone was to ask, I would definitely have the Shoreham on my list of places to stay in Midtown. I've stayed at the Hilton/Sheraton for work, and they really aren't worth the extra money they charge. I thought the Shoreham had everything we needed and there wasn't too much negative about it, especially for the price!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SHOREHAM is a fashionable retreat dedicated to the experience of design. Flat-screen monitors throughout the property feature an array of video and interactive art with vibrant images of nature in motion. The hotel offers a variety of accommodations ranging from superior to specialty suites available with king, queen or two queen-sized beds. Signature amenities include invigorating five-head hydro-massage showers in junior suites and select rooms, iJoy massage chairs, Bose Wave(R) radio CD players, Wi-Fi and flat-screen TVs. Guest room baths are appointed with high-gloss white marble tile, gray slate vanity tops, brushed stainless steel sinks with satin nickel fixtures and Philosophy bath amenities. SHOREHAM is perfectly positioned just steps away from the top shops of Fifth Avenue, Central Park, Broadway and more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Shoreham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Shoreham Hotel New York City
- Shoreham New York City
- Shoreham Hotel New York City