“great location and value for money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Shoreham

You added Shoreham to your Saves list
Shoreham
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   33 West 55th Street, Just off of Fifth Avenue, New York City, NY 10019 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Pop.Fizzle.Clink
Ranked #322 of 459 Hotels in New York City
Nantes, France
“great location and value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

The Shoreham is ideally located if you have to do business...or shopping! Same street as the Peninsula when you think of it and half the price....
The rooms are not huge, like most design hotels mind you but comfortable enough. Soundproofing could be better(like most hotels in NY...) as the street noise level can prove to be quite high.
breakfast is somewhat standard and extras tend to be on the expensive side. In short it is great value for money the bar is a cool place to hang out at night time especially in the warm days. Keep it up!

Room Tip: High floors and at the back are quieter but no view...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Glendaliz M, General Manager at Shoreham, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear ParisGlobaltraveler,
Thank you for sharing your experience at our Shoreham hotel. I’m glad you enjoyed our 5th avenue location, with it’s proximity to Central Park, great museums, and my favorite, the world’s best shops.
Thanks again for picking us as your hotel choice in New York, and we hope to see you back real soon.
All the best,
Glenda Maldonado

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
  • Thai first
East Northport, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 1 night on a saturday night. At check in, the front desk staff (crystal) was the the friendliest. Management should tell their staff to smile, and be courteous to their guests.. Its called hospitality which this hotel was lacking. 3.30 checkin and our room so they say was not ready. However shen i went up to the room, there was no cleaning service in sight. So, dont know the reason why they wrre holding our room from is. O , maybe because we got the room thru priceline.. Other reviews have said similar stories. The room was nice., clean . The locstion was tje best part of the hotel. If i got this room again thru priceline would be ok, but i would not recommend it when searching for a nyc hotel. There are plenty of other local hotdls that greatly exceed this hotel. Sorry Shoreham!

• Stayed March 2013
Glendaliz M, General Manager at Shoreham, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear travellingIDOC
Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your most recent stay . I apologize that you did not feel welcome by all our team members. We certainly take pride in our genuine courteous service and I am pleased that Crystaline was able to demonstrate that to you. You also pointed out great features of our hotel, our clean rooms and vibrant location! Again, thank you for taking the time to write a review and hope you will provide us with the opportunity to restore your faith in us.
Best Regards
Montreal Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Just spent a week in New York City and stayed at the Shoreham Hotel which had been recommended.The experience was really great , with a warm welcome by Henry at the front desk and of course the offer of a welcoming glass of Champagne, when I asked if I could opt for a cup of coffee >>>no problem .
We arrived and were immediately greeted by the doorman who arranged to have the car parked for the duration --it ain't cheap to park but very convenient.
We stayed on the top floor = penthouse 2 which had a balcony = a great touch. The room was really nice as were the amenities. I did remark at the front desk that the bathroom, a small step up, was not a great idea for fear of tripping in or out. As well a lovely jacuzzi type bath tub/ shower, was lacking in support bars which made entry and exit a bit dicey.
Otherwise it was a great. Very nice exercise room am and handy courtesy coffee bar 6-11 am
The location is absolutely great being in a point central to the main areas of the core Manhattan.
The Metro/train station a block away made going to the extremities of the island no problem.
There are numerous restaurants in the vicinity to meet the needs and pocket book of everyone.
Will return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear jacky B
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for the feedback! Overall, we are delighted to read that you had a wonderful stay and had enjoyed our amenities as well as our central location. Henry is a very special member of our staff and always receives rave reviews, I am very pleased you were able to enjoy the full Shoreham experience. On behalf of our team we all look forward to having you with us once again very soon.
Best Regards
Sofia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

The Shoreham is a hotel located in Manhattan Midtown East! If you can get it at a reasonable price (let's say below $140 per double room), I would always recommend it!

Not only does it offer good location close to all sights on 5th and 6th avenues, but it also has a very nice and modern furnishing. As per August 2012 the mini bar was also free of charge. The rooms were rather specious (compared to other Manhattan peers) and were very clean.

In addition, you can leave your luggage after check-out at the hotel reception desk and just need to give a $1 tip to the concierge.

All in all, in my eyes The Shoreham offers very good value for money and I would strongly recommend it to a friend of mine. Please, refer to the my room recommendations.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Dear BgPower,
I’m glad you enjoyed your stay last summer, and appreciated our location. Thanks for recommending us, we appreciate your support of the Shoreham.
Hopefully we’ll see you back again this summer.
Regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

I wanted let everyone know that I just had an amazing two days at the shoreham. I was welcomed with Champagne and cheese for my self and all my girlfriends. A very nice guy at the front desk name Henry, upgraded us to a suite so we had enough space to get ready. I had great conversations with crystaline and Victor before our dinner plans, and they recommended a great place around the conner with great martinis. I asked for the GMs card upon departure, and Let me tell you Ms Maldonado, your front desk team is top notch. Thank you for treating us southern girlsblike royalty.

Dear southerngirli,
Thank you for falling in love with our hotel! I’m very proud of our team for delivering such a high level of service to you and your compliments of them are certainly appreciated. I’ m definitely proud to lead the best team in midtown without question! Thank you again for the great review and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!!
Warm Regards,
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This hotel is modern and in fantastic location, walking distance to all the sites of NYC. Bed was comfortable, nice and dark. Room service was yummy, however on the expensive side as it is "fine dining". Staff were helpful, the concierge booked us a few things, she had good advise, one night though my husband asked her to book us tickets for phantom of the opera and she said only the most expensive ones were left, this was not the case so we end up booking them ourself. We had been giving her good tips, so I don't know why she did this. Nearby some nice restaurants, be sure to try the French restaurant across the road. Great shopping nearby on fifth, but not much room to store all your bags in these rooms so beware! Sometimes when our room was cleaned we wouldn't be given towels and I would have to ask for them (yes I was tipping the cleaner) also at times we would get a whiff of sewerage in our room. Wifi included in your room rate, which is a plus.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear tambyistherajah,
Thank you for taking the time and posting your review on TripAdvisor. We do appreciate hearing from our guests, as their comments are vital for us to continue in improving our services. I am happy that the services rendered by the hotel and staff were to your satisfaction. My team and I Iook forward to your continued visits and take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and service at all times.
Best Regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

I picked the Shoreham because of its location, and I'm so glad I did. Seconds away from 5th avenue, Cartier, Armini, Tiffany's, and so much more. I came in on Friday with my sister and was welcomed with a glass of champagne, very nice touch. I do have to say the rooms are small and a bit dark, but I love the way my room was cleaned. I never got to see my housekeeper, but she did a great job. The front desk was great, I had a nice conversation with Elizabeth and Jackie upon departure, and they recommended a great little French restaurant across the street for lunch. I truly liked it, the staff was very accommodating. One tip, if you even come in ask for rooms in the right side of the building, they are nicer.

Dear Amgl850,
It gives me great pride to read positive comments, but especially when I get feedback on how our team makes a difference.
Thanks for choosing us, our location is indeed in the heart of the city! Our housekeeping attendants do a great job, and they’ll be very happy to read your comments. They along with our entire team, take great pride in the caliber of service they provide. Elizabeth and Jackie are great members of our team, who always go above and beyond for our guests, I’ll make sure to share your kind words.
Thanks again, and we’ll see you back at the Shoreham .
All the best,
Glenda Maldonado

Been to Shoreham? Share your experiences!