“Great staff, good value!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Shoreham

You added Shoreham to your Saves list
Shoreham
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   33 West 55th Street, Just off of Fifth Avenue, New York City, NY 10019 (Midtown)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #321 of 463 Hotels in New York City
“Great staff, good value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I visited the Shoreham last week and I have to say it was worth it. The champagne upon arrival, the free coffee and Internet were truly a nice perk. It is rare to see free Internet at any hotel. I did encounter a minor billing issue but Mr Valerio and Mr. Rodriguez were very accommodating and resolved the issue very prompt. I will definitely return, see you all soon.

• Stayed February 2013
Glendaliz M, General Manager at Shoreham, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear JI198,
I’m so glad to know you enjoyed your visit with us last week. Our great free amenities are always a treat for our guests on their check-in, as well as throughout their stay with our wonderful coffee service. Our Director of Guest Servicers , Mr. Rodriguez, and our financial serices expert John Valerio always have the guest's best interest when dealing with any situation, thank you for your feedback- I'll be sure and share it with them. My sincerest gratitude, for choosing to stay with us again. We will always work our hardest to make you always want to come back.
Glenda Maldonado

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Thai first
Portland, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Took my friends' advice and stayed here my last trip into the city and found the place to be simply wonderful! The bar is a huge plus! Superb atmosphere and beautifully designed and decorated. Melissa, my bartender, was simply awesome!! I'll definitely be going back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Glendaliz M, General Manager at Shoreham, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Hello Pierce80,
Thanks so much for your glowing review. I’m very lucky to have a great team that offer genuine and memorable service. They all really enjoy what they do, and I’m so glad you’re returning to us on your next stay! I’ll be sure and share your feedback with Melissa- she is great!
Till next time, we remain at your service.
El Segundo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Our company Seychelles is a frequent guest at The Shoreham. With business trips regularly to NYC, our team always stays here. Not only because the location is great for us and the meetings we have to take, but because the rooms are comfortable and the service is excellent. Rooms are clean and modern. The hotel bar is a great place to unwind after a long day. Melissa, the manager at the bar and Cassandra, the server are both excellent and will take good care of you. It's always a pleasure staying here. Great hotel for business or personal travel!

Dear KY815,
It gives me such pleasure to know that you and your company have chosen the Shoreham for your trips to the city. We will continue to do everything we can to always exceed your expectations, so you always feel good about coming to your home away from home when in New York.
I will be sure and share your comments with our entire team, including our great Shoreham bar staff. Thanks again for choosing us, we appreciate your loyalty.
Warmest regards,
lugano
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

good downtown location, if you need to be newar central park. the overall service is not a high rate value (e.g. I had to ask for a shampoo in room), the shower is very good, but room and restroom are really small. the fan is a bit noisy and I experienced difficulties in setting the right temperature in the room, as when I first entered the room I found it was a sauna and during the night then too cold.
a few small things could be emeliorated to easily be above average. I will try again.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Glendaliz M, General Manager at Shoreham, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Triperuno,
Thank you for choosing us for your recent stay in our Big Apple. I’m glad you enjoyed our fabulous midtown location. Please contact us directly on your next visit to New York, so we can ensure your stay is nothing less than perfect.
San Juan Capistrano, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I travel weekly and am fortunate to stay at the Shoreham Hotel monthly. I certainly have other options, but, if you are looking for a home away from home...count on the team at the Shoreham. A huge shout out for the staff in the restaurant: Sunny, Mike, Melissa and Cassandra...always eager to take care of me and all the other guests...oh, the food is exceptional...my favorites...Arugula Salad and the Eggplant dip!!!

Room Tip: #506...big bathroom
Dear Janet H,
We are the fortunate ones. Thank you for choosing us as your home away from home. It makes me very proud to know our team has always been a source of comfort and service throughout your time with us. Thanks for the mention on our SBAR team, they are fantastic, and will be very excited to know you acknowledged them.
I look forward to meeting you personally on your next stay with us.
Warmest regards,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Located within walking distance of Central Park and some of the best shopping that NY has to offer, this hotel is perfect. The price is right, rooms are on the small side, but great service makes up for it. I was there on a short business trip and having stayed at many boutique hotels in the city,I have to say that this one is my favorite! I look forward to returning.

Eri R, Manager at Shoreham, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Dear Doodis,
I will like to thank you for taking the time to review The Shoreham Hotel. Our hotel staff takes pride in providing all our guests with the “Perfect Stay.” I am delighted to see we were able to meet and exceed your expectations. Thank you again for making our hotel your lodging destination when visiting New York City. Please feel free to contact the front office during your next visit to The Shoreham, and I will personally make sure to make it a memorable experience.
Warm Regards,
Eri Rodriguez
Director of Front Office
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I came to the shoreham and I have to say I loved it. The staff at the front desk gave me a nice upgrade, and a glass of champagne. They also provide free internet and coffee.what else can I say, it is great.I will be coming back, thank you all. Tgey also have the hottest director, ARod.

• Stayed January 2013
Glendaliz M, General Manager at Shoreham, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear El5454,
Thank you for your glowing review. I’m delighted to know that our friendly family of associates at the Shoreham created the fondest memories for you. Glad you enjoyed our complimentary services, and that you met our wonderful director Eri Rodriguez. We look to hosting you back and welcoming you back to your home away from home in our wonderful city.
Glenda Maldonado

Been to Shoreham? Share your experiences!