This hotel is close to high-end shopping and major attractions in the city, as well as accessible to underground and bus transportation. As far as the facilities, you will get the basic "NYC boutique" look, which these days can be easily attained with gray fabric-covered walls, some black and white pictures on the walls and frosted glass bathroom doors. It is obviously an older property that was refurbished to look "boutique" and they got most things right. The lobby is adequate for the size of the hotel. A nice touch was having a complimentary coffee machine available all day, with a wide selection selection of coffee beverages. A lively bar is located next to the lobby. The size of the guestroom is in line with similar hotels of the same category located in this part of the city. So don't go expecting a huge room, but the size is fine for spending a couple of nights.
As far as service goes, this is my only concern. None of the staff seem to acknowledge guests. I'm talking about hotel employees not even saying "Good Morning" in the morning, or "Thank you" after getting a tip. No "Welcome" from the front desk agents when checking in. No "Welcome back" from the doormen. No "Have a nice day" when leaving for the day. These people should be told that the basic rule in the Hospitality industry is being HOSPITABLE. I'm not expecting "fake-friendliness", which I hate. Just basic manners, I guess.
I know of other hotels close to it with similiar facilities and better guest service. But I guess that for the price paid (through one of those "mistery hotel sites") it was OK for the three nights that I spent here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SHOREHAM is a fashionable retreat dedicated to the experience of design. Flat-screen monitors throughout the property feature an array of video and interactive art with vibrant images of nature in motion. The hotel offers a variety of accommodations ranging from superior to specialty suites available with king, queen or two queen-sized beds. Signature amenities include invigorating five-head hydro-massage showers in junior suites and select rooms, iJoy massage chairs, Bose Wave(R) radio CD players, Wi-Fi and flat-screen TVs. Guest room baths are appointed with high-gloss white marble tile, gray slate vanity tops, brushed stainless steel sinks with satin nickel fixtures and Philosophy bath amenities. SHOREHAM is perfectly positioned just steps away from the top shops of Fifth Avenue, Central Park, Broadway and more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Groupon and Otel so you can book your Shoreham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Shoreham Hotel New York City
- Shoreham New York City
- Shoreham Hotel New York City