“Amazing staff and Dog Friendly!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Shoreham

You added Shoreham to your Saves list
Shoreham
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   33 West 55th Street, Just off of Fifth Avenue, New York City, NY 10019 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Pop.Fizzle.Clink
Ranked #321 of 458 Hotels in New York City
New York
“Amazing staff and Dog Friendly!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I live in New York and had never been to the Shoreham. My partner and I were very fortunate to discover the Shoreham via the Tablet Hotels website and get a room for us and our two dogs!

The entire Shoreham team could not have been nicer from the time we walked in and they learned that we had been without power and water in our apartment downtown for a few days. The extra effort they took and their kindness, particularly during a stressful time for so many of them because their apartments were impacted and they had been working nonstop for 5 days at the hotel, was simply amazing!

We had a small room (but it is New York and we understand that very well, given that we live here!), but it met all our needs -- comfortable bed, clean bathroom with all the necessities, wi-fi, TV and great food via room service.

We ended up eating two meals at the hotel and the food was excellent at the bar (as well as the wine selection). I was really happy to discover the hotel has a happy hour daily from 8:00 to 10:00 PM, and I will be back to enjoy that when I am in midtown New York in the future.

My circumstances for being in this hotel were quite different than probably most individuals who consider the Shoreham for their stay. But, as an someone who lives in New York, I can vouch that the location is absolutely fantastic if you are visiting the city and want to be close to Central Park, Fifth Avenue shopping, Museum of Modern Art and several subway lines that will get to around the city very easily.

Add to this that the hotel staff are super friendly (and this place is dog friendly!). The Shoreham certainly won me over, and I would recommend it if your travels bring you to New York.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Thai first
London uk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Was in New York during Hurricane Sandy and at the Shoreham hotel they made our stay there an enjoyable one. Staff really helpful and kind. Herri was fantastic, always there to please. Will go there again. Location was excellent.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Eri R, Manager at Shoreham, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Dear Kugi N,
I will like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Please feel free to contact myself or the front office for any future stays, and accommodations prior to your arrival. Once again, thank you and we hope you had a safe journey home; but please know you will always have a place to stay here at The Shoreham.

Warm regards,
Eri Rodriguez
London, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

My sister, mother and I were there for a 3 day trip which turned into a full week and a bit thanks to Hurricane Sandy....This hotel location is perfect! We were far away enough from the flooding and we never lost power...We got a price break once we were stuck there for 4 extra nights...
The staff were incredible and we felt for them as they had to bunk in at the hotel as they were also stuck due to no transportation and some had no power at their homes...
I would recommend this hotel to anyone...Staff were incredible!
They do need to purchase new mini fridges though...did not work...
Would return definitely!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Eri R, Manager at Shoreham, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Dear Carson Brett,
I will like to thank you for taking the time to review The Shoreham Hotel. Our hotel staff takes pride in providing all our guests with the “Perfect Stay.” I am delighted to see we were able to meet and exceed your expectations. Thank you again for making our hotel your lodging destination when visiting New York City. Please feel free to contact the front office during your next visit to The Shoreham, and I will personally make sure to make it a memorable experience.
Warm Regards,
Eri Rodriguez
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

You can tell that this place used to be fantastic but now it is very worn around the edges. Rooms are clean and well provided with amenities but the finishes on everything are showing their age - scuffs and marks that should have been fixed up a long time ago.
The staff are very friendly and helpful but I have to agree with an earlier review that they are overworked - waiting at the desk means waiting while one person tries to answer both internal and external lines as well as deal with people face to face. These views aren't a one off - I stayed there over two weeks on business.
In that time I needed a new room key nearly every other day as in the evenings it just wouldn't work. Engineering came to look after the first week and it was a bit better but still not perfect.
Also, not sure how their booking system works as twice I was woken up late at night by housekeeping under the impression that the room was empty and needed refreshing for a new guest - not happy.
If a Boutique Hotel is to survive in such a competitive area it needs to offer something more than this currently does. I would not stay again in it's current state.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My name is Yvonne Warren and I am a Canadian. With my two adult daughters,we planned a 3 day trip which turned into 8. The staff at the Shoreham were fantastic! Henry, Fred, Elizabeth and Crystal were the four we had the most interaction with. they went above and beyond. I would certaintly return to that hotel and also recommend it. New Yorkers are crazy, and we love them!!

Room Tip: 10th floor was awesome.But,,, be wary of kids in penthouse. Especially if they run!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hilton Head, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Thank you, thank you, thank you for making our stay in the city so fantastic! The location is fabulous, just steps away from the best shopping in the WORLD!

I brought my grandmother for her 70th birthday, and the Shoreham made it so special. She mentioned her birthday at check-in (while drinking our complimentary champagne!) and we came back to the hotel that evening to delicious cheesecake, a cookie, a bottle of wine, and a sweet hand-written note. SUCH a special touch!

Rooms were so clean, and the staff was so nice. The espresso machine in the lobby was a great bonus! Saving $5 on a morning latte really adds up!

Room Tip: Rooms on the inside have little view, but the windows open for some fresh air.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The hotel is in a good location for the city shops. The service is good although check in was quite late. But the reception took my bags while I went out and checked in afterwards The rooms, although small are well decorated and designed. The designers have done a good job of maximising the space and making it look as modern as possible given what most hotels in NY look like - quite tired and old style. This was new style modern and I would stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to Shoreham? Share your experiences!