I live in New York and had never been to the Shoreham. My partner and I were very fortunate to discover the Shoreham via the Tablet Hotels website and get a room for us and our two dogs!
The entire Shoreham team could not have been nicer from the time we walked in and they learned that we had been without power and water in our apartment downtown for a few days. The extra effort they took and their kindness, particularly during a stressful time for so many of them because their apartments were impacted and they had been working nonstop for 5 days at the hotel, was simply amazing!
We had a small room (but it is New York and we understand that very well, given that we live here!), but it met all our needs -- comfortable bed, clean bathroom with all the necessities, wi-fi, TV and great food via room service.
We ended up eating two meals at the hotel and the food was excellent at the bar (as well as the wine selection). I was really happy to discover the hotel has a happy hour daily from 8:00 to 10:00 PM, and I will be back to enjoy that when I am in midtown New York in the future.
My circumstances for being in this hotel were quite different than probably most individuals who consider the Shoreham for their stay. But, as an someone who lives in New York, I can vouch that the location is absolutely fantastic if you are visiting the city and want to be close to Central Park, Fifth Avenue shopping, Museum of Modern Art and several subway lines that will get to around the city very easily.
Add to this that the hotel staff are super friendly (and this place is dog friendly!). The Shoreham certainly won me over, and I would recommend it if your travels bring you to New York.
- Also Known As:
- The Shoreham Hotel
- The Shoreham Hotel New York City
- Shoreham New York City
- Shoreham Hotel New York City
- Shoreham Hotel New York
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SHOREHAM is a fashionable retreat dedicated to the experience of design. Flat-screen monitors throughout the property feature an array of video and interactive art with vibrant images of nature in motion. The hotel offers a variety of accommodations ranging from superior to specialty suites available with king, queen or two queen-sized beds. Signature amenities include invigorating five-head hydro-massage showers in junior suites and select rooms, iJoy massage chairs, Bose Wave® radio CD players, Wi-Fi and flat-screen TVs. Guest room baths are appointed with high-gloss white marble tile, gray slate vanity tops, brushed stainless steel sinks with satin nickel fixtures and Aveda bath amenities. Guests are treated to a champagne toast upon arrival. SHOREHAM is perfectly positioned just steps away from the top shops of Fifth Avenue, Central Park, Broadway and more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Shoreham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.