“Sorin, front desk” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Shoreham

You added Shoreham to your Saves list
Shoreham
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   33 West 55th Street, Just off of Fifth Avenue, New York City, NY 10019 (Midtown)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #321 of 463 Hotels in New York City
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Sorin, front desk”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I stayed here for biz two times and I have to commend Sorin for great customer service at the front desk for going out of his way to take care of me and my requests as well as other clients. My company booked my room and when I got there, I had no room booked and he went out of his way to give me a room regardless of how booked they were. I ended up moving rooms later but the second room was much much more comfortable. Second time I received a very warm welcome from staff and both times enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
  • Thai first
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

the hotel is in a great location. The beds and rooms are comfortable and clean. The rooms are very small (but it is nyc afterall!!). I find this hotel to be $$$. If you find a sell off deal, book it - but you can get comperable hotels for less. It is a solid 4 star in my opinion.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Tokyo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I stayed at Shoreham for a week on business. It was my second time but I do not recommend this hotel because of the staff's lack of accountability and customer service mind. Location is extremely good and this is the only advantage of this hotel I have to say. The room is small, especially the bathroom, but the basic facility is well maintained and you will get to used to the room after a couple of days. However, the staff including their managers are so irresponsible and lack accoutability of what they are expected to care guests. I had a very unpleasant experiece, which was the lost laundry (underwear, socks etc.). It took 5 days until the front desk admitted it was lost (without any apology), and in the meantime, they did not offer any compensation until I asked for. Most irritating thing was that I had to talk to several different peope on the same things and they were not fully shared the status of my problem. I took a while to reach a responsive person at the front desk as some of them were even hesitant to give their names. Every time the manager on duty shifted, I had to re-explain my problem from the beginning, and nobody returned the call that was promised. They finally compensated the loss the full amount at the check-out. This is a tiny case, but if you have any more serious issue, I do not believe the staff or manager take care of it and feel responsible for it. I do not recommend this hotel at all and even a little away from 5th Avenue, I should look for different places.

Room Tip: Do not recommend this hotel but if you have to stay here, the new wing and higher floors to avoid st...
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Stayed here on business 8th to 10th October. Pretty good location - a short walk to primary tourist locations - also close to some nice bars retaurants.
Checking in was simple and quick. The hotel is a pretty modern all white affair in the lobby and surrounding areas. It doesnt look tired so would assume its had a makeover in recent times.
I was in room 211 - pretty average New York size room. Again pretty modern with all the ameniaties you would expect. The bed and pillows were very comfy - two very good nights sleep! It was also pretty quiet - didn't hear other guests or staff once.
I would say this hotel is perfect for both business and tourist trips - it wasnt the cheapest - but i have paid more in NY and had smaller/worse!

Room Tip: I had room 211 - it didnt face the road so no traffic noise - and was tucked away with only one othe...
Eri R, Manager at Shoreham, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear crookedtongues,
I will like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Please feel free to contact myself or the front office for any future stays, and accommodations prior to your arrival. Once again, thank you and we hope you had a safe journey home; but please know you will always have a place to stay her at The Shoreham.

Warm regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I would recommend anyone to the Shoreham, I had a great stay! One thing that definitely caught my attention was the service at the front desk. When you get there, make sure you ask for Henry, he was very helpful and very courteous. Henry was there for me whenever I needed anything and was very patient with me. Also, the complimentary glass of champange at check in was a plus! I will deffinitly book again with Shoreham.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Eri R, Manager at Shoreham, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear Daniel R,
I will like to thank you for taking the time to review The Shoreham Hotel. Our hotel staff takes pride in providing all our guests with the “Perfect Stay.” I am delighted to see we were able to meet and exceed your expectations. Thank you again for making our hotel your lodging destination when visiting New York City. Please feel free to contact the front office during your next visit to The Shoreham, and I will personally make sure to make it a memorable experience.
Warm Regards,
Kingston upon Thames, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We landed the Shoreham from a 'secret' hotel deal online. It was great! The rooms are decent sized (don't expect huge - but space to move around), the rest of the hotel is clean, we'll equipped ( free decent hot drinks downstairs any time you want, nice bar, gym - which we didn't use) but by far the best thing about this hotel is the location.

So close to pretty much everything and easy to get to and from JFK on the subway of you want. Located between 5th and 6th avenues, a couple of blocks from Central Park, well served for subway lines. If the weather is good, walk!

Not amazing views on the lower floors, but don't worry about it - spend more time out in the city, there is so much to do at pretty much any time of day or night.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Eri R, Manager at Shoreham, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear Derek Sherman,
I will like to thank you for taking the time to review The Shoreham Hotel. Our hotel staff takes pride in providing all our guests with the “Perfect Stay.” Please feel free to contact the front office during your next visit to The Shoreham, and we will make sure to accommodate you and your family. Thank you again for making our hotel your lodging destination when visiting New York City.
Warm Regards,
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

The hotel has a great location. It is clean and friendly. Reminds me of a hip W Hotel, but it is not. You are welcomed with a glass of champaign and greeted with a smile. They have a complimentary coffee machine in the lobby area. Rooms are a bit small but were modern and clean. The bathrooms are nice, large and modern. Solid 3 star not a 4 star.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Shoreham? Share your experiences!