“E-mailed three times and still no response!” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Up to 25% off, Book Today
Ranked #160 of 464 Hotels in New York City
Chester, United Kingdom
“E-mailed three times and still no response!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I have booked this hotel for my daughter's 21st birthday in December, since my reservation three more family members have decided to join us. I have contacted the Royalton/Morgan's reservation team by phone, twice, to see what the possible room configurations could be (it still hasn't be made clear whether you can have three people in a superior double with two beds) and I have been given a different price each time I have phoned, the last price wasn't even the best price available - I had to ask him to take this into account.

Unconvinced by the accuracy of any of the information I have been given, I have sent three e-mails on separate occasions (via the contact us page, as I cannot find an e-mail address anywhere), even dedicating one of them for the attention of the manager (providing it is still Victoria Walsh) and still no reply.

Our request is a very simple one: Can 2 adults and a child (aged 14) stay in a double superior room and what is the best price? I cannot believe that it has been so difficult to receive a response.

I am still without an answer and based on first impressions am looking to cancel altogether and book elsewhere, which is a shame as my daughter really had her heart set on staying at this hotel.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
victoriastewart, General Manager at Royalton New York Hotel, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
I apologize for the frustrations you experienced while trying to contact us about your future booking. I understand you have been speaking with our Rooms Manager, Jon, and should you have any further questions please do not hesitate to reach out to him directly. We look forward to you joining us in December for your daughter’s birthday.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

great location (for times sq and watching shows)
good service
clean room
nice bar (after work crowd)
close to grand central station for subway and intercity trains
the staff are great and very helpful
nice interior design and decor
easy access to taxis

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your short and sweet review. I am glad you enjoyed our prime location, great service, and overall ambiance. I hope you’ll join us again soon!
Hurricane, WV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

This is a perfect hotel if you are under 40, or in NYC to have a great time and have a hip wardrobe! We stayed for one nite because of a decent rate that was offered when every hotel in the city was sky high due to the United Nations. Very Sex in the City atmosphere, small elevators, very clean corridors, stark but modern rooms. The bathroom features a very cool shower and customer service is super friendly. I felt out of place in my shorts and tennis shoes so dress accordingly and enjoy this hotel!

Room Tip: Stayed on a higher floor and it was very quiet
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the compliments – and I assure you, you fit right in at Royalton! It sounds like your quick stay went well and that you really enjoyed our great guest service as well as our relaxing showers. I hope you’ll join us again soon.
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

OK, I won't say the hotel is perfect but it is certainly great value for what I paid - as a special on Jetsetter.
Pros:
1. Location is fab - I love that it is midtown but that section of W44th is quiet between 5th and 6th (right opposite the Sofitel which I have stayed at previously so can compare. Sofitel is pricier and rooms bigger, like a more traditional hotel but Royalton beats it on cool factor and personal touch of staff, so I would choose Royalton over Sofitel). Right between Times Sq and Grand Central or Bryant Park subways.
2. Rooms - large enough and nicely laid out and quiet - didn't need my earplugs here. Bathrooms awesome and love the Malin & Goetz toiletries. I want to buy some now!
3. Staff - amazing people who really care about your stay here. Dave at the front door and Peter at the front desk were constantly saying hi to me & remembering my name which was a lovely touch. They gave great advice on how to get to places, how long it would take and just generally how I was going. Such great guys made it a pleasure to stay here.
4. Lounge also looked cool - pretty dark! but I didn't hang out here so can't give much feedback on this.
Negatives -
none! The rooms are not that excitingly designed but have everything you could need. I would stay here again handsdown and recommend to friends.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
victoriastewart, General Manager at Royalton New York Hotel, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you for such a wonderfully detailed review! I am so glad you enjoyed our fabulous location and spacious guest rooms. Thank you for your wonderful comments on our overall design – It is great to hear you enjoy our ‘cool factor.’ We appreciate your recommendation as a great midtown hotel and we look forward to your next stay with us!
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We had a fantastic stay at the Royalton. We stayed there on the advice of friends. The room was nice and clean, remarkably large for a NYC hotel and the price. (Room 1202 looks just like the one in the photo.) On arrival, we were greeted by Neal who was the most welcoming, pleasant and funny bellman ever. Then Halley checked us in at the desk - she, too was exceptionally welcoming. At every turn, the employees were pleasant and really went out of their way to help, including Clay, the concierge. Jon, the rooms manager also welcomed us and checked to make sure that our stay was nice.
The hotel was an easy walk to three shows and to shopping, but without the hassle and noise of being right at Times Square.
We have been looking for a "regular place" to stay on our trips to NYC, and we've found it! We can't imagine staying anywhere else!
Kudos to all for making it a great stay.

Room Tip: 1202 was large and quiet. There wasn't really a view but we weren't looking for that.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
victoriastewart, General Manager at Royalton New York Hotel, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you for such an amazing review. I am thrilled to hear you had such a great stay at Royalton. It is always wonderful to know that our friendly team members made someone’s stay unforgettable. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

We arrived at this hotel to a warm welcome from the receptionist. Pleasantly surprised by the room, was a great size, even though we had paid extra for a deluxe room it still surpassed my expectations.

The hotel is in a great location about 5 min walk from Time square.

The food in the hotel is very expensive, it was nice but not worth the $45 we spent on lunch, this was 1 course and 1 drink each.

The hotel bar is a nice place to relax but again, drinks are quite expensive.

iPads in room is a nice touch.

Overall really pleased with our stay and would go back.

• Stayed March 2013
I am so pleased you enjoyed our spacious guest rooms and central location. It sounds like our location was perfect for trip. I hope you’ll join us again soon for another wonderful time!
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Stayed for the first time in Royalton. Hotel lives up to high ratings on Trip Advisor and other sites, it's conveniently located, on a relatively quiet 44th street betwwen 5th and 6th avenue, few minutes away from Time Square. Although not too big room is very functional, with the nice bathroom and the modern furniture. Room and hotel are very clean and […] well kept.. We stayed on 6th floor, during 4 day stay never had to wait for elevator more than a minute. Check in and service in hotel is exceptional, bar area is very busy and something was always happening. The only problem we had with this hotel is lack of the light in the lobby area as well in the room so for the same rate we would still prefer Sofitel, just across the street.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
I am happy to hear you had such an excellent stay with us here at Royalton. It sounds like our location was perfect for your visit to New York and I am glad our service was exceptional. I am sorry you felt our overall design was lacking light. I hope you’ll join us again over the winter months so you can experience our welcoming lobby fireplace.

Been to Royalton New York Hotel? Share your experiences!