“Recommend” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Royalton New York Hotel

Save Saved
You added Royalton New York Hotel to your Saves list
Royalton New York Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   44 West 44th Street, New York City, NY 10036 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up to 25% off, Book Today
Ranked #165 of 454 Hotels in New York City
Sao Paulo, SP
“Recommend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

stayed at Royalton in a business trip last October - very well located with good service and clean and neat room (I've stayed in the std room, which is the most basic and quite liked, in comparison with tinny rooms in another hotels).

Room Tip: you are 2 blocks away from the heart of Broadway at one side and same distance of 5th avenue
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
victoriastewart, General Manager at Royalton New York Hotel, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you for your recommendation. I am so pleased you enjoyed our central location and welcoming rooms. We look forward to your next business trip with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
Plainview, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

The hotel is in a great location, so close to Bryant park, and times square area also. Beautiful lobby with a fireplace, very nice room, big for NYC hotels, also really nice size closet the bathroom had a great shower! Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
I am thrilled you fell in love with us! We look forward to welcoming you back soon so that you can enjoy our prime location, cozy fireplace and relaxing showers again.
Princeton, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

When arriving at the Royalton I was promptly greeted at my car. Within minutes, I was escorted to the front desk. This is no ordinary front desk. It is very private. The whole hotel is intimate in the look, the feel, the attention given to guests. I stayed on business and all I could think of was how romantic the atmosphere is and wished my husband was there with me.

Room Tip: Pick a room with the round tub and shower! So, so relaxing...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for such a wonderful review. I am so happy to hear that we were able to turn your business trip into a comfortable getaway. We cannot wait for you to return with your husband!
Saint Paul, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

The bed is a single thin mattress (no box spring) on a wooden board similar to what is found at summer camp or a dorm. Carpet and banquette in the room were very dirty and should have been replaced.
Good location, trendy lobby but the hotel is starting to look kind of shabby.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
My sincere apologies that you did not have a good night sleep. I am very sorry to hear that you felt our beds were uncomfortable and that the room’s carpet and banquet needed attention. This is obviously not the experience we wish our guests to have. I hope you’ll give us a second chance so that we can place you in a room that is better to your liking.
San Francisco, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

The Royalton in NY is a good value and is well located for the theater and business in midtown. It is not far from Times Square and the subway. The lobby has a contemporary design and it is dark with lots of wood trim and a burning fire. In cold weather it is cozy and it is usually buzzing and busy. One evening they had a very good combo playing and it was quite lively. The room, however, was a bit depressing. I think it had something to do with the wall color and the lack of light. It seems to be designed like a cruise ship with a low bed and an odd room shape and port hole-type windows in the closet door. The bathroom was small but it had a wonderful shower with a great rain shower head. We were upgraded (they originally gave us a room that already had someone in it) so there was also a dressing area off of the bathroom. The bed linens were very nice but the pillows were synthetic and uncomfortable. I requested a down pillow but it was so hard it was unusable. This made sleeping a bit uncomfortable. The room looked out at another building (one reason it was so dark) but it was quiet. We were able to open the windows which was nice since the weather was unseasonably warm. One thing I liked was that the room had an ipad. It was handy for looking up addresses and making restaurant reservations. Overall it was an ok hotel experience but I think I will choose to stay elsewhere next time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. I am pleased you enjoyed our prime location, welcoming lobby, and in room iPads. I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy our room décor and felt that our pillows were uncomfortable. I hope you’ll join us again the next time you are in town so that we can have a second chance at wowing you.
edinburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

First visit to New York and chose to stay in a suite at the Royalton. First impressions are slightly muted as the frontage is fairly nondescript.

That being said it is the inside that counts and this hotel did not disappoint. The reception area is set back and not easily seen however any inquiries were dealt with efficiently and pleasantly. The reception/bar/lounge area is darker and I really liked it however this kind of thing is down to individual taste.

The rooms are very comfortable and the bathroom lovely with a large round bathtub that is extremely pleasurable. The complimentary use of the Ipad was excellent and allowed me, sadly, to keep in touch with the sporting world.

All the facilities were first class and most importantly worked. The staff in the hotel were very pleasant and all eager to assist.

The hotel is in a superb location and centrally sited for all the major points and places of interest.

I did find New York expensive and this hotel wasn't cheap however you do get what you pay for and I had absolutely no complaints.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
We are so happy to have been a part of your first trip to New York City. It sounds like you really enjoyed our central location, welcoming lobby, and five foot round soaking tubs. We look forward to your second trip to the big apple!
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

A friend and I stayed here for just one night... a quick trip to shop and attend the New York Comedy Festival. The staff were all excellent and friendly. We received a phone call approximately 5 minutes after our arrival in the room from the front desk to be sure the room was to our standards. The room size was a bit small for my taste but definitely aligns with the New York standard size. The location was amazing, within walking distance (in heels) of Time Square, and 5th Avenue shopping. We were also able to walk to Central Park. The concierge gave some amazing brunch advise as well as booked our reservation at an amazing steakhouse close by.
The hotel has a very romantic feel with its rich wood tones, fireplaces in room and "mood" lighting. My trip was with a good girlfriend of mine, we had a blast but would suggest that this is a more couples friendly hotel. We had a deluxe queen size room and had requested a queen double but none were available, to accommodate us we did receive a free upgrade. The room lighting is soft and my only complaint would be that the bathroom lighting at least should be a bit brighter for us ladies that need to get ready there! I liked the small feel of this hotel, I felt like a valued guest and not just one of the masses that I feel some of the bigger chains can sometimes convey. All in all a wonderful quick vacation. I would stay here again, for a romantic weekend, perhaps I'd try somewhere new for a fun girls weekend.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
It sounds like you had a fabulous shopping trip to New York City! We are so pleased to have been a part of it and look forward to welcoming you back for a nice romantic getaway.

Been to Royalton New York Hotel? Share your experiences!