“DOGS BARKING AT NIGHT” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Loews Regency Hotel

You added Loews Regency Hotel to your Saves list
Loews Regency Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   540 Park Ave, At 61st Street, New York City, NY 10065 (Upper East Side)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Restore, Sip, & Spa
Ranked #22 of 463 Hotels in New York City
London, United Kingdom
“DOGS BARKING AT NIGHT”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Staying on the 5th Floor on a Saturday night with my two year old grandson
A dog is barking for hours !
Twice called the lobby for action- NOTHING HAPPENED
No apology
If we had wanted to stay in a Kennel then would have booked one !
This morning took this up at Reception - No one cares

This is VERY disappointing as a regular at this 5 Star Expensive Hotel

Room Tip: Ask in advance if there are DOGS or CATS in the rooms next to you
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
James M, General Manager at Loews Regency Hotel, responded to this review, yesterday
Richard S: I'm terribly sorry your evening was disturbed by incessant barking, While we do love our four legged friends (I have a rambunctious 7 yr old French Bulldog) we also like them better when they are not left alone. We have a complete security protocol around this sort of thing and clearly dropped the ball. Please accept my sincere apology. I do hope you will contact me before your next visit. You may be certain that I will oversee your reservation personally.

Warmly,

Jim

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
NYC, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I have stayed at this property a couple of times before the renovation and now returned for a one night stay.

The Good:

The location on the Upper East Side is very nice if that is the area that you are looking to stay. The room is delightful - well organized with everything working. It had plenty of room and was very functional. It was also quite stylish without going over the top. The bathroom was of the same caliber as the room. The room service breakfast was of the quality and style one expects from a five star property.

The Bad:

The lobby is not well organized. It feels uninviting and crowded. The safe in the room was incredibly small. The elevators require you to swipe your key to go up to the rooms - some might argue that is good increased security but to me it is inconvenient and worrisome. Ordering from room service was like speaking with my teen age son, had to repeat everything 3 times and not really sure that they got it.

The Unacceptable:

Upon arrival, no one really greeted me or offered any direction. I then waited more than 5 minutes to check in which has not happened to me at a 5 star property in a long time. When leaving in the morning the elevator wait was so long that my wife and I plus another couple there decided to walk the 10 flights down. We were not the only ones in the stairwell.

Overall I will not return because the misses are to infuriating to make up for the pluses. NYC has a lot of hotel choices even on the UES.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
mdski: Thank you for your candor and even-handedness with your critique. I sincerely apologize for the fact our team let you down. Attentiveness is what separates a good experience from an exceptional one. Please contact me at your leisure: jmcpartlin@loewshotels.com.

Warmly,

Northumberland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We had an issue with rooms and were asked to move after one night because we had made 2 bookings. Christian was excellent and we were allocated a fabulous upgrade to compensate. The staff (particularly Barry) were excellent. Very tasteful but discreet and discerning hotel. We would stay there every time we visit New York.

Room Tip: Get a room at the front overlooking Park Avenue
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

Me and my other half visited New York for a week as a birthday present. Staying at The Loews was amazing, the service was great and the rooms and facilities were even better. Extremely clean and welcoming. The great location, only a two minute walk from Central Park and multiple subway stations, meant escaping from the crazy streets of New York was very easy! We would definitely be visiting again in the future!

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We had booked 3 rooms for 5 nights to attend my sisters wedding at a nearby venue. The bride and her fiancé/husband and my parents were part of our party and we had recommended the hotel to other guests attending the wedding.

Overall I would have to say we were rather underwhelmed with Loews but a couple of things stood out:

The positives from our stay were that the rooms were large and well decorated, the tv in the bathroom mirror was a nice touch and the rooms were comfortable, the cleaning of the room was thorough and the cleaning staff were very friendly. We paid extra for an exterior room and I was glad we did.

As for the negatives from our stay: we had left a comment on our booking form (via Expedia) that my sister was getting married and the date and venue of the wedding, when hotel staff asked why we were in town we all mentioned my sisters wedding, including my sister. Disappointingly the hotel did absolutely nothing to acknowledge her wedding day even when she returned to the hotel wearing her wedding dress! Its not a big deal, but reading all the recent reviews about the treatment people received when staying at the hotel on their anniversary (champagne/strawberries), I'm unimpressed that no one could be bothered to do something to acknowledge her wedding given the length of our stay.

Other minor annoyances were a parcel that had been delivered to the hotel had to be tracked down and it took multiple phone calls to get it delivered to our room (4 days after our arrival), rooms didn't have any shower caps, again it took multiple calls to get one brought to our room. Its annoying having to ask multiple times for things which should be done as standard. I also noticed room service trays were left outside of rooms for hours on end and often the corridors and areas are the elevators looked like they could do with a good clean. We stayed 5 nights and the turndown service was inconsistent, one evening we got bottles of water which were a blessing as the air-con in the rooms was so drying, but that was one night and we didn't get any more for the rest of our stay. Upon leaving the hotel we weren't asked if we had a good stay, if we had been asked we would have provided this feedback directly to the hotel. It really summed up our experience, the staff couldn't really be bothered to go that extra mile that you would expect from a hotel purporting to be of this standard.

Overall we would not return or recommend this hotel to our friends, with so many hotels in NYC we would prefer to try somewhere new on our next stay in the city.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
James M, General Manager at Loews Regency Hotel, responded to this review, 6 days ago
KittyM83: Please accept my most sincere apology. Wedding's are meant to be special and I feel terribly that your sister's went seemingly unnoticed by our staff. I read your critique in its entirety at our morning operations meeting today and you may be certain the full weight of my concern was felt by all present. I do hope you will give me a chance to make this up to you. My direct email is: jmcpartlin@loewshotels.com. Thank you -

Sao Paulo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

First Class facilities at a great address. Employees do not seem to be happy working there and will only be kind to you if you are a good tipper. Great coffee shop around the corner on 61st. Hotel directory informed that two pressinta were complimentary but tu still tires to charge me for all.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
FESG: Thank you for your note - I am glad you liked our property's location and style, but am disturbed that you felt our team wasn't friendly. We typically get rave reviews on this score and I will be sitting with our guest services department today to review the finer points of hospitality. I do hope you will come back and see us again. I had the opportunity to visit Sao Paulo this past fall on a press trip and really enjoyed myself. The nightlife was wonderful and people all very friendly.

Have a great spring!

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Very friendly staff at reception, valet and room service, spacious rooms, good bathroom, very good sleep quality as rooms are quiet and blackout is good, great location and fairly priced... all good. Truly New York.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo

Been to Loews Regency Hotel? Share your experiences!