“Stylish and comfortable home away from home” 5 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   540 Park Ave, At 61st Street, New York City, NY 10065   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #19 of 458 Hotels in New York City
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Stylish and comfortable home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I'm mid-stay at the Lowes Regency on Park Avenue and I have to pause during my very busy week in NYC to praise the staff and management. There is a genuine warmth and kindness here, which creates a sense of comfort and ease. Room service, cleaning staff, doorman, front desk...every interaction has been a pleasure, and at every turn, my needs are met smoothly and thoroughly. My laundry even came back way ahead of schedule, and I could go out to a business dinner feeling great.

Someone at the top must be paying attention and setting a nice example!

The room is fresh and comfortable, with a spacious marble bath and nice details throughout. I may try to smuggle out one of the saddle stitched leather lamps. And maybe a set of nice, thick towels. Well, actually, I wouldn't do that...but I am enjoying everything the hotel has to offer, including a cappuccino on the run at the Saint Ambroeus coffee stop on 61st street, and I will definitely be back.

This is now officially my top choice in New York City.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We had a reasonable enough stay here, but the service in particular didn't live up to the price tag. The room was fine, though noisy on a couple of nights (neighbours partying until 4am). But a bigger problem was that the cleaning staff kept walking in (even when we had the 'do not disturb' tag on, and they really took their time about cleaning. For example, we were out for eight hours of one day, and when we came back at 7pm in the evening, they were only just getting around to doing the cleaning. And they didn't even do it any faster when it was clear we wanted to get into our room! Front desk staff weren't particularly helpful either. Just generally 'OK', not great, yet it sets itself up to be.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
James M, General Manager at Loews Regency Hotel, responded to this review, yesterday
stowaway_LZN: Thank you for taking a moment to pen a review. I am very sorry that you were disturbed by your neighbors and that our housekeeping staff executed poor judgement in timing. I am further disturbed that our guest relations team came across as just 'OK, not great..' We pride ourselves on an exemplary experience here and we missed the mark with you. Truly I apologize. You may be certain I will speak directly with all concerned. I do hope you will consider giving us a second chance if you find yourself in New York again. If so, please contact me directly.

Warmly,

USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We booked an one night stay and all in all the hotel was clean and nice and the location was perfect. We paid $600+ for one night. The rooms are decent size and clean. The beds are little hard and were not comfy for us. The room noisy from next door. You can hear people's chat very clearly at night time and i had to bang joining door a few times to make them quiet. Forget it about complimentary taxi from hotel if you did not do reservation in advance.
Definitely, i was expecting much better level of comfort and services at this hotel for that price. I will not recommend that hotel to my friends and will not return it.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Trymefirst: I am very sorry that you were disturbed while here as our guest. May I ask that you contact me privately so I can understand the room you were in? It seems we may have a 'sealing' issue with the connecting rooms. People typically love our beds, but I understand that this is subjective (I have to have a rock hard mattress myself!) The FIAT car service, while complimentary, is very popular. We have two full time FIAT's in service, plus a Mercedes sedan, and still have a hard time keeping up with demand. Please allow me to make arrangements for your next trip. I do value your feedback and will make sure the team works harder for you on the next go-round.

Enjoy your weekend -

New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The room was great but that's about it. No children's amenities as advertised. I explained to room service I wasn't allowed to eat a specific item and they sent it anyway. I told them I couldn't have it and if they could please make me a new order just to have them return the same item just having removed the food I wasn't allowed. I was very disappointed especially since it received good reviews.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Loews Hotels and Resorts

James M, General Manager at Loews Regency Hotel, responded to this review, 2 days ago
ebc21: I am so very sorry for the two issues you encountered while here as out guest. I am glad we have been able to connect off-line, but let me assure you once again that I take your critique very seriously and will make certain a repeat of this never happens. Please do come back and see us again soon - clearly we did not show up at our best and I will commit to a much different outcome on your next visit.

Warmly,

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I have stayed there many times over the years...The new redo looks fabulous and I can only imagine what it would be like to stay there now...but for me it is out of my price range! The rooms have always been some of the largest in NYC with options for families traveling with kids that need connecting rooms. I travelled some time before the date they allow in reviews. Wish I could stay there on my next trip!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Wonderful location , fantastic staff ,lovely accommodations. Recommend to those looking for a sophisticated yet low key and comfortable place to stay in the heart of NYC. They even permit dogs :) Quiet, clean and first class in all respects. We stay there regularly !

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I stayed on business for four nights in January and was very impressed with the renovation - beautiful large rooms, great bathrooms, good gym, salon on site, ideal location and most of all I was blown away by the service - in particular the front desk and concierge team - anticipated my every need, booked us into fantastic restaurants. GO ! You'll love it.

Stayed January 2015, traveled on business

Been to Loews Regency Hotel? Share your experiences!