“They haven't quite got the luxury thing down, despite the price tag” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Loews Regency Hotel

You added Loews Regency Hotel to your Saves list
Loews Regency Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   540 Park Ave, At 61st Street, New York City, NY 10065   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #18 of 458 Hotels in New York City
Melbourne, Australia
“They haven't quite got the luxury thing down, despite the price tag”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We had a reasonable enough stay here, but the service in particular didn't live up to the price tag. The room was fine, though noisy on a couple of nights (neighbours partying until 4am). But a bigger problem was that the cleaning staff kept walking in (even when we had the 'do not disturb' tag on, and they really took their time about cleaning. For example, we were out for eight hours of one day, and when we came back at 7pm in the evening, they were only just getting around to doing the cleaning. And they didn't even do it any faster when it was clear we wanted to get into our room! Front desk staff weren't particularly helpful either. Just generally 'OK', not great, yet it sets itself up to be.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We booked an one night stay and all in all the hotel was clean and nice and the location was perfect. We paid $600+ for one night. The rooms are decent size and clean. The beds are little hard and were not comfy for us. The room noisy from next door. You can hear people's chat very clearly at night time and i had to bang joining door a few times to make them quiet. Forget it about complimentary taxi from hotel if you did not do reservation in advance.
Definitely, i was expecting much better level of comfort and services at this hotel for that price. I will not recommend that hotel to my friends and will not return it.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The room was great but that's about it. No children's amenities as advertised. I explained to room service I wasn't allowed to eat a specific item and they sent it anyway. I told them I couldn't have it and if they could please make me a new order just to have them return the same item just having removed the food I wasn't allowed. I was very disappointed especially since it received good reviews.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Loews Hotels and Resorts

James M, General Manager at Loews Regency Hotel, responded to this review, yesterday
ebc21: I am so very sorry for the two issues you encountered while here as out guest. I am glad we have been able to connect off-line, but let me assure you once again that I take your critique very seriously and will make certain a repeat of this never happens. Please do come back and see us again soon - clearly we did not show up at our best and I will commit to a much different outcome on your next visit.

Warmly,

Jim
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I have stayed there many times over the years...The new redo looks fabulous and I can only imagine what it would be like to stay there now...but for me it is out of my price range! The rooms have always been some of the largest in NYC with options for families traveling with kids that need connecting rooms. I travelled some time before the date they allow in reviews. Wish I could stay there on my next trip!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Wonderful location , fantastic staff ,lovely accommodations. Recommend to those looking for a sophisticated yet low key and comfortable place to stay in the heart of NYC. They even permit dogs :) Quiet, clean and first class in all respects. We stay there regularly !

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I stayed on business for four nights in January and was very impressed with the renovation - beautiful large rooms, great bathrooms, good gym, salon on site, ideal location and most of all I was blown away by the service - in particular the front desk and concierge team - anticipated my every need, booked us into fantastic restaurants. GO ! You'll love it.

Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This was my second time at Loews Regency and they didn't disappoint. Classy hotel with a classy address. Helpful and friendly staff and well appointed, clean and spacious rooms. Very close to great shopping on Madison and 5th Avenue and close to Subway. Can't beat that. The only disappointment was the offer of the Fiat service. Although I booked it early in the day, they ended up only having 1 car available that day and were therefore unable to accommodate my request. If this service is being offered as a benefit to guests, then they should make sure that there are sufficient vehicles available. I don't think this has anything to do with the hotel though, but thought I'd mention it so people are aware of the shortcomings of this service. Apart from that glitch, we had a great time.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family

Been to Loews Regency Hotel? Share your experiences!