“Old favorite revitalized” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 459 Hotels in New York City
Arlington, Virginia
“Old favorite revitalized”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

After a 2-year renovation project, we were thankful to once again to stay at Loews Regency @ 61st and Park. It's a great location. Extremely convenient to many museums, galleries. Before he retired, he frequently lodged here when working. Since then, it quickly became my favorite during the annual birthday trek in December. The reception desk Is now directly in front of the door (previously it was cozily placed to the right upon entry. So the wind is to your back, but the interior feels much more open and clean. Restaurant in the morning is filled with business types as well as lodgers. Always a friendly hotel, family and business mix nicely. Lifting the tiny gym and spa from the basement to the 2nd floor is just a brilliant move. Even though the hotel was almost completely booked, they were kind enough to accommodate a change to a larger room for us. The spa, likewise, squeezed me in for a massage on my birthday. The special day was casually mentioned to the therapist. After returning from dinner, we found a bottle of proseco and cupcakes on slate with a Happy Birthday message. From the hotel and the spa. What a truly unexpected delight! Nice Italian breakfast bar with street side entrance. Again, everyone is extremely courteous and friendly. Thank you for making my birthday so memorable!

Room Tip: courtyard side are the smallest 61st street side the longest, and quite park avenue well appointed
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This is a great hotel very well situated for dining, shopping and holiday partying. The rooms are nice, reasonably sized and in great condition. The bar was quite nice and had live music. Breakfast was included with the room and both the food and the wait staff were excellent.

Stayed December 2014
Lynchburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

In planning our Christmas time visit to New York City I agonized for many months over what hotel would be the perfect combination of location, luxury, and New York vibe for this trip (the first trip to New York for my 19 and 24 year old children so I wanted it to be perfect). I narrowed it down to three choices and finally decided on the Loews Regency based on terrific reviews, location on Park Avenue and recent renovation. Having just returned, I can report that the Loews Regency was the perfect choice. We were in a two bedroom suite which was absolutely beautiful. The decor, furnishings, cleanliness and service were all top notch. We walked just about everywhere we wanted to go-Rockefeller Center, Theater district, Grand Central -all perfectly doable if you enjoy seeing the city on foot and accessible by cab or subway if you are not inclined to walk longer distances. In addition, there are some great restaurants, food markets and of course shopping and Central Park literally outside the door of the hotel. I do echo some other reviewers that sound does travel between rooms and from hallways but this was not an issue given the arrangement of the bedrooms in the suite we were in. I am delighted that I chose the Loews Regency and highly recommend.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

From the initial warm greeting upon entering the Loews Regency, our 3 night stay at this sublime Park Ave. hotel was simply wonderful....the location is ideal, close to wonderful shops and restaurants...Barneys and Bloomingdales are just steps away. Our hotel room was well appointed and very comfortable...this was my 7th visit to NYC yet my first stay at the Loews, and I would not hesitate to stay at this sublime hotel on my next visit. We found the staff not only helpful, but also kind and attentive...I would like to especially mention concierges David and Robert R., we greatly appreciate their assistance. Highly recommend the Loews Regency for your NYC visit....

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Jerusalem, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Everything from booking to check out was exceptional.
Before you book with 3rd party websites try reservations department directly. They gave me perfect deal.
We arrived after midnight, with 3 yrs old girl, check in process took few minutes. We had a room on high floor facing Park Avenue (I believe it called Grand Double Room) The room was very spacious , comfortable ans super clean. I've stayed in different hotels in NYC , but now I know where to go!

Beds... oh... die for it!!!
We liked new walk-in showers, much more convenient and cleaner than bath tubes.
Bathroom amenities by Julien Farel smell amazingly good and high quality.

Our room was always done to perfection including the turndown service :)

We asked for late check-out - we got it !!!
Location - everything is walkable, and if you are tired, there is always an yellow cab in NYC!

We did not dine at the hotel therefore no input.

One small note on "free Fiat" service. unlike take they are not allowed to drive a child on your lap. If you do not have a car-seat with you, you cannot use the service.

Room Tip: Before you book on 3rd party websites, call the hotel. They gave us great deal and perfect room.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Christian is the best host/manager I've ever met. He makes your experience at the Restaurant/bar one of a kind. He makes you feel like you've joined a family when entering the restaurant. Best service I've ever had! Christian is simply one of a kind! Worth going to Loews Regency Bar & Grill just to be hosted by Christian and the team.

Room Tip: Ask for Robert at reception. He'll provide the best advice and service you can get. Also ask for...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here in November 2014. No problem with check in or out.
Main plus of this hotel is the bedrooms. We stayed in a standard room. The carpet was fluffy and the beds were really to die for. Exactly what you want when you've been walking the streets of NY all day. Also plenty of storage for all our shopping. Free wifi was great.
I would say that I found the bathroom too small. Very little counter space to leave toiletries. That would be my only negative with the room. The lobby area is small. Liked the bar area but the price of drinks was a bit on the high side . Paying way over in my opinion for a glass of wine when you can go to a bar around the corner for at least 5 dollars cheaper. Didn't eat in the hotel as again, 30odd dollars for breakfast is way over the top for me. My husband hit starbucks each morning and came back to the room with it.
Would I come back? Yes but they would get an A+ if the bar prices were a little on the lower side. Still think about those beds...sigh !!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Loews Regency Hotel? Share your experiences!