“Perfect Choice In NYC” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 459 Hotels in New York City
Lynchburg, Virginia
“Perfect Choice In NYC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

In planning our Christmas time visit to New York City I agonized for many months over what hotel would be the perfect combination of location, luxury, and New York vibe for this trip (the first trip to New York for my 19 and 24 year old children so I wanted it to be perfect). I narrowed it down to three choices and finally decided on the Loews Regency based on terrific reviews, location on Park Avenue and recent renovation. Having just returned, I can report that the Loews Regency was the perfect choice. We were in a two bedroom suite which was absolutely beautiful. The decor, furnishings, cleanliness and service were all top notch. We walked just about everywhere we wanted to go-Rockefeller Center, Theater district, Grand Central -all perfectly doable if you enjoy seeing the city on foot and accessible by cab or subway if you are not inclined to walk longer distances. In addition, there are some great restaurants, food markets and of course shopping and Central Park literally outside the door of the hotel. I do echo some other reviewers that sound does travel between rooms and from hallways but this was not an issue given the arrangement of the bedrooms in the suite we were in. I am delighted that I chose the Loews Regency and highly recommend.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

From the initial warm greeting upon entering the Loews Regency, our 3 night stay at this sublime Park Ave. hotel was simply wonderful....the location is ideal, close to wonderful shops and restaurants...Barneys and Bloomingdales are just steps away. Our hotel room was well appointed and very comfortable...this was my 7th visit to NYC yet my first stay at the Loews, and I would not hesitate to stay at this sublime hotel on my next visit. We found the staff not only helpful, but also kind and attentive...I would like to especially mention concierges David and Robert R., we greatly appreciate their assistance. Highly recommend the Loews Regency for your NYC visit....

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Jerusalem, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Everything from booking to check out was exceptional.
Before you book with 3rd party websites try reservations department directly. They gave me perfect deal.
We arrived after midnight, with 3 yrs old girl, check in process took few minutes. We had a room on high floor facing Park Avenue (I believe it called Grand Double Room) The room was very spacious , comfortable ans super clean. I've stayed in different hotels in NYC , but now I know where to go!

Beds... oh... die for it!!!
We liked new walk-in showers, much more convenient and cleaner than bath tubes.
Bathroom amenities by Julien Farel smell amazingly good and high quality.

Our room was always done to perfection including the turndown service :)

We asked for late check-out - we got it !!!
Location - everything is walkable, and if you are tired, there is always an yellow cab in NYC!

We did not dine at the hotel therefore no input.

One small note on "free Fiat" service. unlike take they are not allowed to drive a child on your lap. If you do not have a car-seat with you, you cannot use the service.

Room Tip: Before you book on 3rd party websites, call the hotel. They gave us great deal and perfect room.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Christian is the best host/manager I've ever met. He makes your experience at the Restaurant/bar one of a kind. He makes you feel like you've joined a family when entering the restaurant. Best service I've ever had! Christian is simply one of a kind! Worth going to Loews Regency Bar & Grill just to be hosted by Christian and the team.

Room Tip: Ask for Robert at reception. He'll provide the best advice and service you can get. Also ask for...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Stayed here in November 2014. No problem with check in or out.
Main plus of this hotel is the bedrooms. We stayed in a standard room. The carpet was fluffy and the beds were really to die for. Exactly what you want when you've been walking the streets of NY all day. Also plenty of storage for all our shopping. Free wifi was great.
I would say that I found the bathroom too small. Very little counter space to leave toiletries. That would be my only negative with the room. The lobby area is small. Liked the bar area but the price of drinks was a bit on the high side . Paying way over in my opinion for a glass of wine when you can go to a bar around the corner for at least 5 dollars cheaper. Didn't eat in the hotel as again, 30odd dollars for breakfast is way over the top for me. My husband hit starbucks each morning and came back to the room with it.
Would I come back? Yes but they would get an A+ if the bar prices were a little on the lower side. Still think about those beds...sigh !!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Curitiba, Parana, Brazil
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The room was very comfortable, modern and clean. The location is amazing, very close to Central Park. The transport service (Fiat 500) and the driver are very good specially if you are tired or if it´s raining. There is a tv on the bathroom that was very high-tech. The meals and breakfast are very expensive.

Room Tip: Try to take the highest floors, because the lowest ones does not have any view.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I am so happy that I choose the Loews for my stay as this was my first trip to NY not to mention it was my birthday.
The hotel is everything you can expect in luxury. Located in the Upper East Side on Park avenue in walking distance of shopping,dining,the theatre and everywhere you need to be when visiting the big apple.
The compliementary FIAT car service is an added bonus.( Book early)
From the marble floors to the impeccable service you wont be disappointed.
I really had the opportunity to feel like a character in Sex in the City the exact feeling I wanted to envoke, it was so magical.
I would recommend any and everyone book with The LOEWS Regency.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Loews Regency Hotel? Share your experiences!