“Paul A (UK)” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 452 hotels in New York City
London, United Kingdom
“Paul A (UK)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Stayed at this hotel for 9 days.
Lovely Hotel good location room very clean and comfortable.
However, when I arrived I could not check into my room at 4pm by 4.30pm no one had come to see me in the lounge and update me on progress. Finally I went to the front desk and complained
to the front desk staff who eventually told me the room was finally ready.
Concierge and Front Desk hotel staff. Very condescending (matter of fact attitude) first impression for guests very disappointing.
Even though I enjoyed this hotel which was very good, this episode spoiled it for me.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

202 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I've stayed in numerous NYC hotels over the years (and many hotels in other cities), and after my first stay at the Loews Regency Hotel, it is my top choice! I recommend staying in the hotel for the high quality of service and attention to detail that the staff offers; everyone is friendly, happy, and attentive. The food was outstanding and will certainly not disappoint, along with the chic decor in the lobby and guest rooms. I had breakfast, cocktails, or dinner at the lobby bar every day to try an item or two on the appetizing menu. The servers were attentive and remembered me. Luxurious Frette bed linens and unique bath products - Julien Farel. Complementary WiFi throughout the hotel - it was like having a Park Avenue apartment - the best location in the city, convenient to Central Park, incredible shopping, cultural attractions, and businesses. The hotel is ideal for both business and leisure travel, and I am looking forward to my next visit to NYC and staying at the Loews Regency Hotel and using many of the amenities I didn't have time to use including the gym and car service. And eating again at the Regency Bar and Grill. Complements to the management.

Room Tip: Depending upon preference ask for a Park Avenue or 61st Street view. Shades cancel light and noise...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

just a great hotel in an incredible location. central to EVERYTHING in NYC. this is my go to hotel in NYC. newly renovated. great service. amazing staff. superb concierge. love to gym. the rooms are spacious and clean. love the lobby bar. and this is THE power breakfast spot in NYC. highly recommend. you can't go wrong with this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Kristi B, Public Relations Manager at Loews Regency Hotel, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you so much for the review Clayton J! We love to hear from guests what they enjoy most about their stay with us, and you have neatly summed it up in just a few sentences. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Although we had one of the smaller rooms, it was more than adequate with a desk, reading chair, comfortable bed, and well appointed bathroom. Recent renovation is done in a black/white Art Deco style that is perfect for New York. No street noise, which is a big plus for a Midtown location. Short walk to the 63rd and Lexington subway station. Excellent staff. Nothing to fault. Will give this place serious consideration on my next trip.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for the great feedback maimonChicago. We agree with you that we are a great choice for Midtown and our rooms are much larger than most. As part of the renovations that we completed in January 2014, we spent a considerable amount of money on new windows, hence the lack of street noise. We're happy to hear that you noticed! We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My wife and I stayed at this hotel over a Friday and Saturday night in the middle of August. We had a wonderful stay. It was a great hotel, with outstanding customer service, and we felt it offered great value for money.

Before I get too far into the review, I think it is worth mentioning that my wife and I are active duty military and although many of the large hotel chains offer military discount I was not aware the Lowes chain did. We had never stayed in a Lowes hotel before and certainly not the Lowes Regency in NYC. There are some other big hotel chains in the area that offered military discounts but they were either not available or not as generous as the Lowes Regency. We were very much appreciative to the Lowes Regency.

The location is great if you are looking for nearby shopping options and want to spend a lot of time in Central Park. The hotel is located a little off the high tourist area, so it isn’t as loud or crazy as other locations. There are plenty of metro stops nearby as well. We walked one evening (we didn’t feel up to fighting for a taxi) from a Broadway show near Times Square back to the hotel but it was definitely a little bit too long to do more than once.

If you are driving, there are lots of parking options. You can do valet parking with the hotel or find a parking garage nearby.

Our room was on the 18th floor, and was a superior king room. For NYC standards, the room was pretty big. Large king bed, desk/chairs, sitting chair, dresser with very large flat screen TV and a very good size closet with robes. There was a night stand on each side of the bed with lamps that had the outlets built directly into the base of the lamp making charging cell phones and other electronics very easy. The bathroom was pretty small but manageable. Be forewarned that if you stay in one of the more economical rooms that a separate tub will not be included. Instead you will have a shower/tub combo. We really enjoyed the flat screen TV that was offered in the bathroom as well. Water was always hot with good water pressure. They have soap, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and body lotion available for free form the Spa downstairs…it was pretty high quality. View was great per NYC as no buildings were immediately outside and we could see a glimpse of Central Park in the background. They have a set of 3 or 4 blinds/curtains for the windows so you can pretty much black it out if you want. Room temperature was no issues; you could change it to whatever you wanted with the thermostat in the room and it was very responsive. The bed was extremely comfortable (my wife said it was one of the best she had seen) and there were tons of extra blankets and pillows. There is a fridge in the room but it is stocked with items for you to buy so bring a cooler if you need to refrigerate items. We were surprised that the room was a bit noisy at night as you could hear your neighbors return and again heard noise in the morning as our room was next to the housekeeping closet, but for the price we were given we didn’t mind at all. Overall we were very happy with the room.

On the 2nd floor is the gym and spa. The gym is above average; they have some really nice equipment and a decent amount of room. Treadmills, stationary bikes, stride machines, and a bunch of static weight machines. They have a good set of dumbbells with a couple multi-use benches. They have some stability balls and some medicine balls as well. Cross-fit folks won’t like the gym. There are not “free” bars but they do have some free plates and one machine that can be used for pull-ups. There is also a women’s and men’s locker room as well with showers, towels, toiletries, etc.

We also took advantage of the Fiat car service offer. They will give you one ride to any location in Manhattan between 1-8pm. It is first come, first serve. We used it for one our trips downtown. We walked downstairs, waited about 3-4 minutes, and one of the hotel staff members walked us to the car, let us in, and drove us to our location. Our driver was extremely nice and we loved the service.

They also offered free evening turndown service and your choice of newspaper delivery every morning (USA Today, NYT and another that I can’t recall). We were super impressed that they delivered the full Sunday NYT to our room. We found the customer service/staff to be outstanding and every housekeeper we encountered was extremely friendly. We were always greeted upon entering and exiting the building and any issues we had were resolved quickly. We especially appreciated the letter notice that arrived under our door one morning about the “Summer Streets” event as we had been unaware of it upon arrival. My wife and I rented bikes and loved being able to ride down the middle of Park Avenue. It was a highlight.

My wife and I were extremely happy with our stay at the Lowes Regency on Park Avenue. We were impressed by the great service amenities and touches. It was probably one of our top hotel experiences. Thanks Lowes Regency!!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback Jeffrey D! That is one truly comprehensive review. We really value for your time and your feedback and we're very happy to hear that you had a "WOW" experience. Thank you for all that you do for our country, and we're happy that we could look after you for a weekend!
New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We stayed at Loews Regency while on business in NYC. WOW. There is nothing to fault in this outstanding hotel. From the moment Barry Smith greeted us at the door (and remembered our names throughout our stay), we were made to feel like we were the most important guests that Loews had ever hosted. The rooms are spacious, comfortable, immaculate, and incredibly well-appointed. There were power points all over the room and for once, plenty of lighting. The free wifi worked well. To a person, the staff were outstanding. The concierge and front desk staff are to be commended along with Barry. The only - and this is very minor/picky - thing we can say is that the bathroom was a bit small. There would have been plenty of room left in the room if some of it had been used to increase the size of the bathroom. Having said that, the TV embedded in the bathroom mirror was a hoot and it was nice to have an extra dressing table outside of the bathroom! The location is walkable to mid-town for shows and shopping, if you don't mind a pleasant walk of perhaps a dozen blocks. Thanks for a great stay and we will certainly stay again when we come to NY.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the kind words MooseMom10 and for visiting all the way from New Zealand. We are thrilled to hear you had such a wonderful stay with us and were well looked after by our team members. Barry is always a hit with our guests and really is one of our star performers. We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in NYC!
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Just took a quick trip to the city this past weekend and decided to stay at The Loews Regency. Two reason I selected this hotel: We have one in New Orleans, where I live, that is top notch, so I expected the same experience and also because the reviews I had read on tripadvisor were consistently excellent. The experience we had at this hotel was just that, EXCELLENT! The staff was incredibly friendly and very helpful. In particular, our bartender, EMILY, and the doorman, BARRY! We loved those two! Emily quickly became our friend and made great recommendations for places to go after dinner and after the shows and Barry was always ready to jump in and help us with whatever we needed in getting places! The room was beautiful and comfortable! I loved being able to walk down and get my complimentary coffee each morning and also loved the crowd of locals that would stop by the bar each day. Very friendly people! The only thing that was inconvenient was that we needed to print last minute tickets to Aladdin (which was spectacular, might I add!) and JUST to get online for 2 minutes to log in to our email and print, we had to pay $7.50 for using the computer plus the expense to print our show tickets. My recommendation would be that each room maybe get 4 free print outs (for a typical family of 4) while staying JUST in case they are in the same boat and honestly either forgot to print their tickets before arriving or bought them last minute. For the price of the room, I feel that its reasonable. Other than that, we LOVED our stay at The Loews Regency and would delightfully return! THANK YOU for taking our NYC weekend up several notches! -Crystal from New Orleans

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for the feedback Crystal C from New Orleans. We love to hear from our guests about their experiences, and it sounds like you had a wonderful weekend in NYC. We are happy to be a part of it! Thank you for the feedback regarding the print outs....we will definitely flag this and see what we can do in the future. Come back and see us soon!

Been to Loews Regency Hotel? Share your experiences!