“THE place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 458 Hotels in New York City
Atlanta
“THE place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

With a gorgeous face lift and rejuvination - this is the place to say in Manhattan. The location is perfect, not too deep into the tourist traps, a couple of blocks from Central Park and right on Park Avenue, you feel almost like a local. All the staff are friendly and it's great not to be fighting hundreds of tourists in the bar, restaurant or even to get on the elevator. Get your walking shoes out and take a stroll to Central Park, Columbus Circle, Madison Avenue and Fifth Avenue. This is my address when i stay in NYC.

Room Tip: Have lots of small bills on you so you can tip the door man and the porters !
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Adrian N, Director of Sales at Loews Regency Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Duckmate we couldn't agree more about your walking shoes. There's so much to see and do close by. We are also happy you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for taking the time to write the review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Aventura, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

We had such a good time in this hotel, the location is perfect.
The hotel is fantastic, we have a wonderful big room.
But the best party is the people who work there.
They all make me and my family feel very special, not just customers, and i really enjoy it.
We could not have a better hotel for our vacation in NY.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you Alonmoradi! We are so happy you and your family had a great time here on vacation. Thanks also for the very kind comment about our team. They certainly love to hear we have happy guests and we'll make sure to share your comments with them.
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

The hotel has just reopened after a renovation and it looks great. I would highly recommend to anyone traveling to New York. The hotel is in a good location and two blocks from Central Park, Barney's and several fantastic restaurants. The bar at the hotel is perfect for a late night snack!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thanks for the review Christy F. We think our location is pretty amazing too and we're happy you really liked the renovation. Maybe next time you can visit us for pleasure rather than business. We hope to see you soon.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Came into town for a birthday dinner 7/19/2014 and stayed one night in room 1115. When I arrived the doorman was warm and friendly however once I entered the hotel the front desk staff didn't seem to acknowledge that I was waiting to check in. I waited at least 5 min with no one in line ahead of me. I felt very uncomfortable from that time on. Me and my husband went to the bar and grill in the evening and received the same cold shoulder from the blonde haired lady(wish I would've gotten her name) who told us we can't get service because we would have to be staying at the hotel, assuming we weren't staying at the hotel. It was so rude and actually made me cry that someone in this day and age would treat us like this maybe because we didn't look the part of their other guests. Me and my husband are African American and I would describe us as a polite friendly and classy couple and regardless of our skin shouldn't have been treated that way. The room review doesn't even matter because I would never stay here again.

Stayed July 2014
James M, General Manager at Loews Regency Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Yosi212: I am very disturbed by this review. Please accept my most sincere apology. May I ask that you contact me directly, please? (jmcpartlin@loewshotels.com) I am anxious to get to the bottom of this. Best: Jim
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I visited the Loews Regency for the first time in 2010 – then an antiquated call back to yesteryear, only the service stood forward as a paramount & or testament to the halcyon heritage of the brokers of the power breakfast. However, the 2014 version, featuring a very lush update, puts the Loews Regency heads & shoulders above its competition & seamlessly transitioned the aesthetic & feel of the property to match its impressive service experience. The complete overhaul of the restaurant & lobby entrance, & addition of the coffee shop, serves as a perfect reintroduction to the Loews Regency for longtime patrons – posh with a splash of modern elegance without being obnoxiously trendy. The updated spa & fitness center are both welcomed embellishments to the property’s amenities list – including the Fiat service, which I didn’t get to use but was very impressed with. The room was jaw dropping-ly exquisite – I had a two bedroom suite with a park facing view; 1 full bath, shower & double vanity in the master bedroom, a smaller bathroom in the double bed bedroom, & a smaller guest bathroom; a work desk, small kitchen & a full living room with marble table top in a smaller, corner, dining area. Beyond plush – the amount of space even for a suite was uncanny in comparison to other suites I’ve reserved in the city, let alone in Manhattan. As well there were superlative staff members that stood out during my stay, from Christian King, to Front Office Manager, Victoria, Paulette in Housekeeping, & concierges Robert & Kathleen. Bar none, this is an absolutely amazing reintroduction for the Loews flagship hotel, & I’m already rebooking for my stay in the fall!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Adrian N, Director of Sales at Loews Regency Hotel, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you so much for your very kind review CosmoCasualATL. We are certainly proud of our Park Avenue Suites and glad you felt at home here. Thank you also for recognizing some of the wonderful team we have here. We will be certain to recognize each and every one of them individually. We look forward to welcoming you back in the fall.
Tampa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

From entrance to departure I cannot say anything but Wow. The desk agent was welcoming and genuinely interested in why we were there. I travel frequently and never expect ppl to remember my name however at this Loews property my family could not have felt more at home. I was looking for theater tickets - well was I surprised, the seats were better than we have ever been in. It made my children feel they were on top of the world, thank you David. The ambiance of the bar for my wife and I was perfect and the newly renovated rooms were more than anyone could expect. It's a place to take someone special!! We even saw multiple celebrities in the Regency Bar & Grill. Just go - you'll never forget your experience in NY.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for your review Stayin613. We are grateful for you taking the time to fgill in a review for the hotel and gald you and your family enjoyed your stay. We are pleased you got to work with our Concierge team which David leads. He is a great asset for the hotel and we'll be sure to pass on your kind comments.
Amesbury, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Spent only one night but it was amazing. The renovation is so well done, the hotel is spotless and well appointed. The best part is the staff -- they are genuine, thoughtful, gracious, warm and they convey happiness. I would highly recommend staying. I plan to make it my home in NYC.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Adrian N, Director of Sales at Loews Regency Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Thank you so much Carrie C! We're thrilled you are going to come back and see us again. We''ll also share your feedback with the team as they are true hospitality professionals and love to know our guests are happy.

Been to Loews Regency Hotel? Share your experiences!