“New York's Shining Jewel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York

You added The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York to your Saves list
The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 East 61st Street at Fifth Avenue, New York City, NY 10065 (Upper East Side)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Third Night Free
Ranked #46 of 468 Hotels in New York City
“New York's Shining Jewel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Went to visit a friend in New York and decided to try The Pierre. I had heard great things about the Hotel and its Highly Known Service. I usually book Hotels with a European Boutique feel and this time I was open to a new experience.

I must say this is one of the best Hotel experiences overall and definitely the best outside of Europe. The Personable and Professional Staff is beyond Excellence from initial greetings at the Front Desk to the Lounge Staff, Room Service and last but not least Housekeeping. I will only stay at The Pierre when I travel to New York. The Staff is gracious and accommodating and you sense immediately how very welcome you are in this Hotel.

Room Tip: My room was situated on the NE side and it was very comfortable. Outside the main entrance was the e...
  • Stayed August 2015, traveled solo
ThePierreTaj, Manager at The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear julienne m,

What a pleasure to read your review - thank you! I very much appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience at The Pierre, A Taj Hotel on TripAdvisor. It is our goal to make guests feel at home (away from home!) and I am so glad that you felt so welcome. I am delighted to say that I will share your feedback with our team. We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in NYC.

The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My husband and I go there yearly for our anniversary .they the staff can't do enough for you .the room was lovely .clean bright .i can't wait to go back.location is great you can walk to every thing .or the hotel car will drop you .the resturant was great also .

Room Tip: Always upgrade higher view better
Dear Dorothy D,

Firstly, thank you for always choosing The Pierre, A Taj Hotel to celebrate your anniversary - we are very honored. Secondly, I very much appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience at the hotel on TripAdvisor. I'm happy to hear that the location is to your liking - nothing quite compares to popping across the street for a peaceful stroll in Central Park. We do look forward to your next visit!

Port Matilda, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Classic grand hotel recently updated. Perfect in every way. Rooms spacious beautifully appointed. Incredible service. Perfect location on the park. Very special experience. Sirio restaurant in hotel was a Pleasant surprise.

Dear Wildernestlane,

What a lovely review! Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience at The Pierre, A Taj Hotel on TripAdvisor. I'm so happy to know you enjoyed your time here and that the rooms were to your liking. I certainly agree that it's perfect to have Central Park just across the street - and the weather has been lovely for leisurely strolls! We do hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again when you are next in NYC.

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I have stayed in some of the finest hotels in the world. I must say that NOTHING comes close to my recent visit to The Pierre Hotel in New York City. Our driver delivered us to the front door of this TAJ Hotel WORLD CLASS property. We were greeted at the front door by a sharply dressed hotel staff member who escorted us directly to the front desk for an expedited and seamless check in. Immediately after check in we were met by the head concierge, Maurice Dancer. Maurice and his staff exude class, elegance and convey a confidence that as a guest you will be completely catered to. Their intimate knowledge of NYC and the relationships they have established and cultivated with some of the finest proprietors of businesses and restaurants throughout the city benefits the hotel's guests in an overwhelmingly impressive way. We were able to gain access to a wildly popular restaurant that was near impossible to make reservations for. One call from Maurice to the restaurant and we found ourselves being whisked away in the hotel Jaguar on our way to dinner. It was remarkable. The luxurious room accommodations were extremely inviting and facilitated what was arguably some of the best nights rest I have ever experienced. The turn down service, housekeeping and room service staff were also stellar. The restaurant, Sirio located in the Hotel simply put is exquisite. Our experience at The Pierre Hotel from the moment we arrived until the moment that we departed was WORLD CLASS. We were made to feel welcomed and treated like royalty. When it comes to Hospitality TAJ Hotel's have written the book on how be the VERY BEST. Our next trip to NYC has all ready been planned and the ONLY Hotel for us is The Pierre. Sincerely, Nina Kuzina Nashville, TN USA

• Stayed August 2015, traveled with friends
Meredith M, Manager at The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Nina K,

Firstly - what an absolute delight to read your review - I am so thrilled to know that you enjoyed your stay! Secondly, thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at The Pierre, A Taj Hotel on TripAdvisor. I am so pleased that we exceeded your expectations and that you found our service seamless. We agree that Maurice is wonderful - it's almost as though he has the key to the city! Thank you again for your very kind words, it was our pleasure to host you. We look forward to your next visit to NYC!

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I wish there were a way to rate a hotel within its star or price rating--so, there are say a dozen true five star hotels in NY---the Pierre is sort of completely middling in this range--that is to say it is an incredibly nice hotel--and i got my room for a terrific bargain on an internet site---the service was great--a humongous number of towels--i paid for the extra fast internet and it worked really well-the room was fairly small and the bathroom was definately small-it would be very tough for two people to fit in the tub and you have to keep your legs bent to fit in the tub --and the window opened literally just across the ally from an office and i could see the people having a conference across the hall--and the windows literally lined up almost perfectly--so that was sort of awkward except that it is a classic NY hotel experience from 30 years ago--so i have stayed at this hotel now and then for thirty years, through various management companies--I like Taj very much in the US_-they have made the rooms less tired, nice rugs in the hallways--tons of towels and everything works

• Stayed August 2015, traveled as a couple
ThePierreTaj, Manager at The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Maxwell P,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experience at The Pierre, A Taj Hotel on TripAdvisor. I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and please know that we take your feedback very seriously. I am sorry to read that the bathroom was not to your personal liking and I hope you give us another go - perhaps a different room category would alleviate some of your concerns. We do hope to have the pleasure of your company again when you are next in NYC.

Hamburg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The staff was great and all very helpful, rooms are very small but nice and clean, and location is top notch, right on 5th Ave across the street from Central Park. All-in-all a very elegant hotel however a bit worn down and very slow wi-fi.

• Stayed August 2015, traveled on business
Meredith M, Manager at The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear ole_nielsen,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experience at The Pierre, A Taj Hotel on TripAdvisor. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and please know that we very much appreciate your feedback. I apologize that you experienced difficulty with the WiFi. It is our goal at The Pierre to ensure that every guest enjoys their stay to the utmost and we do hope you choose to visit us again so that we might offer a Perfectly Pierre experience.

Freehold, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

High tea at the Pierre is an absolute delight! Using a Groupon, my friend and I enjoyed high tea at the Pierre. Service was impeccable, and the food was an interesting variety of scrumptious sandwiches, scones, and desserts. We were so full that we decided to forego dinner! The champagne that came with the food was a lovely touch that made this meal more of a celebration. Especially tasty were the home-made potato chips and the chunks of Parmesan cheese that preceded the tray of delicacies. We were not rushed, which was very nice as we wanted to take our time to savor every item we were served. This was a very classy, elegant outing that I highly recommend as a perfect way to spend an afternoon in the NYC.

• Stayed August 2015, traveled with friends
Meredith M, Manager at The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Susan S.

What an absolute delight to read your review - I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at our Two E Bar/Lounge. It truly is a wonderful - and unique - tea experience. Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience on TripAdvisor. It sounds like it was a delicious afternoon tea for you and your friend - I am glad you chose to visit and we hope to see you again.