“Elegant afternoon” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York

You added The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York to your Saves list
The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 East 61st Street at Fifth Avenue, New York City, NY 10065 (Upper East Side)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Third Night Free
Ranked #50 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Freehold, New Jersey
“Elegant afternoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

High tea at the Pierre is an absolute delight! Using a Groupon, my friend and I enjoyed high tea at the Pierre. Service was impeccable, and the food was an interesting variety of scrumptious sandwiches, scones, and desserts. We were so full that we decided to forego dinner! The champagne that came with the food was a lovely touch that made this meal more of a celebration. Especially tasty were the home-made potato chips and the chunks of Parmesan cheese that preceded the tray of delicacies. We were not rushed, which was very nice as we wanted to take our time to savor every item we were served. This was a very classy, elegant outing that I highly recommend as a perfect way to spend an afternoon in the NYC.

• Stayed August 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

It was hard to choose a perfect hotel in New York City. It took us hours to find a "fantastic" hotel. I absolutely love New York City but I feel like The Pierre was a villa in Europe. If you want the full New York experience don't choose this hotel. It is very grand and I did enjoy my stay but I would have much preferred to a quicker, easier hotel, maybe with a pool. I do recommend this hotel to a couple but not a family. This hotel is off fifth Avenue so it is in the heart of New York. I was mainly interested in walking around and buying things I didn't want to stay in the hotel. This hotel is more about the building and the restaurant than New York

Stayed August 2015, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We spent 6 nights in the Pierre and loved it! From the concierge,Maurice,to the great front desk crew,making sure we got a room we liked, to the elevator operators pushing your floor it was great. The restaurant,Sirio, is top notch and wonderful and the view of Central Park from our room was breathtaking.Bathrooms are small,as this is one of the first grand hotels built in NYC and now fully restored. We did request a room change on arrival to get a bath and separate shower.It was just right. The longer you are there the more you appreciate the details.We will go back.

Room Tip: Get a view room ,of the park, we had 3906 which is perfect.The higher the bigger the view.
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This hotel really shows what 5 star means. My room was amazing, clean, beautiful and comfortable bed and pillows, bathroom was huge for NYC standards, huge shower and separate bathtub. The SERVICE was beyond outstanding, from the room I was given as well as I was travelling alone with a newborn so I felt so safe and taken care of. And then I had an issue with my passport and the concierge(s) went out of their way to make sure I got it. I can only hope to be able to stay at this hotel every time I would go to NYC!

Room Tip: try to get a high floor with views of Central Park!
  • Stayed August 2015, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

While visiting NYC, my boyfriend wanted to see where they filmed Meet Joe Black and the famous tango scene from Scent of a Woman. We approached the check in desk and Jacqueline was so helpful, friendly, and more than happy to direct us to where it was filmed.
We did not stay here but wanted to give Jacqueline a shout out for excellent customer service.
While here, we also asked the concierge, Erin for the best pizza nearby. She was more than happy to direct us. In return, we offered her advice on The Cape.

Stayed August 2015
ThePierreTajHotel, Manager at The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Nurs3kim,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at The Pierre, A Taj Hotel on TripAdvisor. How wonderful to know that you popped in - thank you! I will personally share your feedback with Jacqueline and Erin. We do hope to see you again when you are next in NYC.

Mountain Top
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband & I celebrated our Anniversary with a 3 night stay at the Pierre & I cannot state enough praise for this wonderful Hotel & Staff! Erin the Concierge booked wonderful dining reservations for us & gave us great ideas to enjoy our time in NYC. Upon arrival a delicious & beautiful Anniversary cake was in our room. From the moment you step foot in the front door, this Hotel & Staff are perfection & aim to please in every way. The rooms are absolutely gorgeous & Molton Brown ammenities a treat. The Housekeeping Staff is excellent. There are elevator Attendants who are so kind, as well as the Doormen. The Dining restaurant & Lounge are excellent & the Hostess knows your name & greets you so kindly. The location is Superb as well. We look forward to a return trip in the near future & many more stays at the Pierre!

Dear BeanieMountainTop,

Thank you - what a lovely review. And secondly - Happy Anniversary! I really appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience at The Pierre, A Taj Hotel on TripAdvisor. I am truly thrilled to know that everything was to your liking - from our staff to our amenities. I will personally share your feedback with Erin. It was truly our pleasure to have you and I hope we have the opportunity to see you again.

North Palm Beach
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The rooms are modern and lovely with everything you would expect to find at a 5 star hotel. The staff are highly professional and several I spoke to were very long term employees. We had a corner room with a nice city view of a private park. The hotel is directly across from Central Park. Wi-fi is free in the rooms but you can upgrade to a higher speed if you choose. I found the free Wi-fi to be just fine.

Dear LJM1010_12,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experience at The Pierre, A Taj Hotel on TripAdvisor. We greatly appreciate your feedback - I am so pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay and had the opportunity to chat with some of our staff. We do hope to see you again when you are next in NYC!