Stayed a night in NYC recently at the Pierre. While the hotel has undoubtedly 'old school' charm and 'old school' service, including assisted elevator service, it appears a bit outdated to me. The Lobby of the hotel is nice and rich, the rooms are very comfortable albeit that the A/C was (very) loud. The bath (Superior Room) was deep yet short however the shower stall was very spacious.
Breakfast quality was good - a la carte only - albeit expensive ($12 Orange Juice, $34 American Breakfast incl. eggs, bacon, mushrooms, tomato, juice & coffee).
Overall a very nice stay but not sure it is worth $950 that we paid for one night, incl. approx $100 for breakfast for 2 and a drink in the bar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Landmark hotel on Fifth Avenue in New York City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, LHW, Amex, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pierre Hotel New York City
- Pierre New York City
- Pierre Hotel New York City