“Timeless - maybe too much” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York

You added The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York to your Saves list
The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 East 61st Street at Fifth Avenue, New York City, NY 10065 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Fourth Night Free
Ranked #34 of 458 Hotels in New York City
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Timeless - maybe too much”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Stayed a night in NYC recently at the Pierre. While the hotel has undoubtedly 'old school' charm and 'old school' service, including assisted elevator service, it appears a bit outdated to me. The Lobby of the hotel is nice and rich, the rooms are very comfortable albeit that the A/C was (very) loud. The bath (Superior Room) was deep yet short however the shower stall was very spacious.

Breakfast quality was good - a la carte only - albeit expensive ($12 Orange Juice, $34 American Breakfast incl. eggs, bacon, mushrooms, tomato, juice & coffee).

Overall a very nice stay but not sure it is worth $950 that we paid for one night, incl. approx $100 for breakfast for 2 and a drink in the bar.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I have been a huge fan of the Pierre in the past...for many years it was THE place for me to stay in New York....I LOVE the history, the old world charm, the grace and the elegance...but I fear it is losing some of the touches that made it shine above the other high end properties in New York. Although the staff could not have been more welcoming, the Pierre has lost it crispness of service - there were just too many slip ups in communication with transportation arrangements made by the hotel - one that almost cost us losing the curtain rise at the Opera...very disappointing and stressful. Way too many little slip ups with room service - not getting items we ordered, or getting ones we did not...lack of consistency in presentation in room service, sloppy handling of details. In the past we were made to feel truly special from check in to check out...that professional touch seems to be slipping, and one wonders if there has been a change in GM over between last January 2014 and our stay this past November? Even the china and serving items on the room service tray had gone down in quality since our last stay. Again - a nice hotel, but not up to the old standards. For the rate paid - not a good value. I hope the management addresses the many flaws in service and can upgrade the product back to where it was for so many years.

Room Tip: pay for an upgrade to a larger room if you can - they are magnificent. However, the lowest room ca...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Mexico City / London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

When I chose the Pierre I was trying to decide between this one and the St Regis, I'm actually quite happy I chose the Pierre! Location is top notch, just around the corner from Barney's and two blocks away from Tiffany's. The rooms are lovely, they're not as small as some reviews make them sound, I think they actually a decent size given it's New York. In room amenities were great, right size , Molton Brown, I can't ask for much more. Front desk and concierge where amazing, specially the people at the concierge desk always made me smile. The bar is excellent the mixologist is a total pro! I really loved the place, I'm planing to do this an annual thing! Just a word of warning, the restaurant isn't on the same service and quality level as the hotel. Service was just okish, with more that one hiccup. So I would skip it! On the other hand, if you have a breakfast included booking, you can upgrade from a continental to an American, do that, as it's actually a decent value. See you next year!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I have just returned from another fabulous stay at the Pierre Hotel in NYC. My last trip was with my teenage girls but this trip was with my 80 year old mother. The Pierre is simply outstanding service-let me say that again..OUTSTANDING SERVICE, not to mention timeless, elegant and the most comfortable rooms! I have stayed at many 5-star hotels over the years and the Pierre is my absolute favorite. The Pierre and it's staff go above and beyond to make sure your stay in NYC is a memorable one! I can't thank them enough for another wonderful week in NYC!

Room Tip: I was staying in a "classic" room- The room was so lovely I didn't care if I had a vie...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Heiko K, General Manager at The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear absa411

Thank you very much for allowing us to host you yet again during your stay in NYC. We greatly value your kind words and I'm personally delighted to know that you and your Mother had such a great trip. Wishing you the very best for the festive season.

Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Stayed in the Rajput suite on 16th floor. It was furnished in an Indian theme, Beautiful!!!
Fresh flowers, fruit, welcome champagne. Truly 1st class service. 1 king bedroom and full bath with a 2nd bedroom of double twin beds and full 2nd bath. Very large living room and dining with small kitchenette.
Turn down service and outstanding hospitality.
Easy walking to major shopping and restaurants. Sits across from Central Park.

• Stayed December 2014
Dear originaltravelgirl

We were so glad you were able to experience one of our Grand Suites here at The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor and we very much look forward to your return. Wishing you a phenomenal festive season.

Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

A warm welcome by all the staff with a very quick check in - a very pleasant expreience. Our room was very small, yet efficient. No park view - and on a lower floor, it was perfectly quiet (no city noise) and the cleanest room we have ever experienced. The bathroom was almost the same size as the bedroom and it also had a huge walk in closet. All in all - the space was where we needed it! The bed was really comfortable, with fantastic bed linens. A great touch is they still use elevator operators - who add an element of intimacy lacking at most hotels. Indulge yourself - order the room service american breakfast - a great meal to start off a great day! Warning - the menu says $34 a person - with all of the fees and tips and service charges - it is $110 for 2 - but well worth it!

Room Tip: do not insist on a park view - the regular rooms are good enough!
Dear KirkPA

Thank you for sharing details of your stay at The Pierre with TripAdvisor and I'm thrilled to know that everything was to your liking and that you experienced our breakfast in bed service as well as enjoying our white gloved elevator attendants. Thank you again for taking the time to review us and we do hope you'll come and stay with us again very soon. Wishing you the best for the festive season.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

The Pierre Hotel has once again proved to be our home away from home in the New York City! We enjoy spending our weekends in the city, seeing the unlimited Broadway shows, indulging into the most delicious plates at some of the most notable restaurants, and just walking around.

Having stayed at numerous 5-star NYC hotels over the years, The Pierre proved to be our favorite and one we have consistently chosen over others since discovering it. At the front desk, Yadeira has made a significant contribution to making each and every one of our stays as pleasant, luxurious, comfortable, and simply effortless as possible. She has consistently made us feel warm and welcome upon each check-in with her kind smile and genuinely hospitable manner. She provides us with a complimentary upgrade whenever possible and basically takes care of each and every one of our need. All in all, The Pierre Hotel is our favorite hotel to stay in the city and having Yadeira welcome us at each visit is the perfect cherry on top.

Dear VLADcom

Thank you very much for your review and for noting the personalized experience which our employees provided to you, which I'm delighted to know made such an impression on you both. We greatly value your feedback and thoughts and look forward to the next time you stay with us. Wishing you the very best for the festive season.

The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York

Been to The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York? Share your experiences!