“My favorite hotel in New York” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York

You added The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York to your Saves list
The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 East 61st Street at Fifth Avenue, New York City, NY 10065 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Fourth Night Free
Ranked #35 of 457 Hotels in New York City
“My favorite hotel in New York”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I have just returned from another fabulous stay at the Pierre Hotel in NYC. My last trip was with my teenage girls but this trip was with my 80 year old mother. The Pierre is simply outstanding service-let me say that again..OUTSTANDING SERVICE, not to mention timeless, elegant and the most comfortable rooms! I have stayed at many 5-star hotels over the years and the Pierre is my absolute favorite. The Pierre and it's staff go above and beyond to make sure your stay in NYC is a memorable one! I can't thank them enough for another wonderful week in NYC!

Room Tip: I was staying in a "classic" room- The room was so lovely I didn't care if I had a vie...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Stayed in the Rajput suite on 16th floor. It was furnished in an Indian theme, Beautiful!!!
Fresh flowers, fruit, welcome champagne. Truly 1st class service. 1 king bedroom and full bath with a 2nd bedroom of double twin beds and full 2nd bath. Very large living room and dining with small kitchenette.
Turn down service and outstanding hospitality.
Easy walking to major shopping and restaurants. Sits across from Central Park.

• Stayed December 2014
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

A warm welcome by all the staff with a very quick check in - a very pleasant expreience. Our room was very small, yet efficient. No park view - and on a lower floor, it was perfectly quiet (no city noise) and the cleanest room we have ever experienced. The bathroom was almost the same size as the bedroom and it also had a huge walk in closet. All in all - the space was where we needed it! The bed was really comfortable, with fantastic bed linens. A great touch is they still use elevator operators - who add an element of intimacy lacking at most hotels. Indulge yourself - order the room service american breakfast - a great meal to start off a great day! Warning - the menu says $34 a person - with all of the fees and tips and service charges - it is $110 for 2 - but well worth it!

Room Tip: do not insist on a park view - the regular rooms are good enough!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The Pierre Hotel has once again proved to be our home away from home in the New York City! We enjoy spending our weekends in the city, seeing the unlimited Broadway shows, indulging into the most delicious plates at some of the most notable restaurants, and just walking around.

Having stayed at numerous 5-star NYC hotels over the years, The Pierre proved to be our favorite and one we have consistently chosen over others since discovering it. At the front desk, Yadeira has made a significant contribution to making each and every one of our stays as pleasant, luxurious, comfortable, and simply effortless as possible. She has consistently made us feel warm and welcome upon each check-in with her kind smile and genuinely hospitable manner. She provides us with a complimentary upgrade whenever possible and basically takes care of each and every one of our need. All in all, The Pierre Hotel is our favorite hotel to stay in the city and having Yadeira welcome us at each visit is the perfect cherry on top.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

During the past year have travelled on several occasions to NY and for various reasons stayed on very differing hotels. Fortunately for me, one of those that I experienced was The Pierre. It's class, through and through, old style class. Wonderful suite, views, breakfasts and afternoon tea. Would I take my kids there, no, would I take my elderly mother, yes.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Mrs_V_NYC, General Manager at The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Gottagostay

Thank you very much for your feedback on TripAdvisor and I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Looking forward to welcoming you back the next time, and if you should decide to bring your children with you on your next trip, we hope to be able to wow them with the same finesse that we do each of our guests. We adore children at The Pierre!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

The Pierre is a beautiful property, the location cannot be beat, the service is extraordinary, the room is tranquil, well-appointment, extremely comfortable, and a beautiful spot to relax. My wife and I spent a special birthday weekend at The Pierre and we are so glad that we chose to stay there. Truly, the only negative comment is that we no longer wish to stay anywhere else when we visit New York; I hope there will be availability for our next trip.

Room Tip: Although there were not many rooms available when we booked The Pierre, we stayed in a standard room...
Dear Ned S

What kind words and I'm really truly happy to know that you and your wife enjoyed your special birthday weekend with us at The Pierre so much. We very much look forward to your return and thank you very much for taking the time to comment on TripAdvisor. Wishing you both the very best for the holidays.

Warm Regards

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

A very nice old empire state designed hotel, with great concierge and front desk staff!

Yes, for NYC or anywhere else, the concierge's were superb and did get us last minute dinner reservations somewhere decent (we changed plans, and did Capitol Grille at the Chrysler bldg).

Cute touches from another era include elevator attendees - always smiling and very courteous. they meant it.

The bar staff were pleasant and quick.

The bellhops were quite on the ball with bags and service.

The rooms were lovely - we had a suite adjoining another room - and the space had high ceilings, no smoking whatsover, clean everything, first class toiletries, and honestly I felt like Leona Helmsley once lived in our room. Very quiet room facing an inner atrium of a block.

Fabulous.

Breakfast at the hotel is quite good - delicious eggs benedict (ends promplty at 10:30am).
You can get occasional great deals for certain dates at the Pierre through jetsetter.com- well worth it and glad I did it.
NYC is beautiful in early December!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Heiko K, General Manager at The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear drphilxr

Thank you for your wonderful review on TripAdvisor and I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Wishing you and your family the very best for the holidays and please do come and stay with us again.

Warm Regards

The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York

Been to The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York? Share your experiences!