“BEST HOTEL & SERVICE ANYWHERE!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York

Save Saved
You added The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York to your Saves list
The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 East 61st Street at Fifth Avenue, New York City, NY 10065 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Fourth Night Free
Ranked #36 of 453 Hotels in New York City
“BEST HOTEL & SERVICE ANYWHERE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

This is the best hotel at which we have ever stayed! Excellent service...royalty treatment in fact. Never had a hotel employee walk me to my room at check in. Beautiful, well furnished, large room. Comfortable bed and furniture. Wonderful amenities. Excellent snacks & drinks provided at the gym. Fruit at check-in. Helpful concierge. Elevator attendant. The list goes on and on. Don't miss this one! My new go-to hotel in NYC! Historic hotels are my style though...by the way!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Heiko K, General Manager at The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear RBuky,

Thank you for spending the time to review our hotel. It is a pleasure to read all of the wonderful comments from our guests who have stayed with us. We are delighted to read that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations.

It is an honor that you consider us to be your new go-to hotel in NYC. We love welcoming guests back to our hotel, and we strive to make sure that their next stay is better than their last.

We look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Heiko Kuenstle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

I have stayed at the Pierre before and this time it was my daughter's first trip to New York. We wanted to see many things in our short time and we were assisted by a great Concierge staff. First, Erin who helped arrange a train trip for me, then Claudia who made sure I received car service from/to the hotel and Jason who patiently directed me on how to use the subway system. Their assistance made our trip smooth and efficient. We were able to do everything we wanted during our stay. In addition to the friendly and caring staff, the accommodations of the hotel made me feel relaxed and at home. It was a great experience for my daughter and I.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Im 9 years old. It was my first time in NY. I've stayed in other hotels and my family and I want to mention what a fabulous stay we experienced at The Pierre. It was very clean and the service all around was fabulous. We will definitly be back in NY and staying once again at The Pierre. The staff was very helpful and explained everything there was to see and do in NY. Til next time.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I stayed there for business event. We are welcomed with NY shaped chocolates. It was a very nice surprise. Chocolates were delicious. I loved the Sirio Tea Room and Molton Brown soaps at the room. Everything at the hotel made me feel very special. Thank you Pierre Hotel NY!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Heiko K, General Manager at The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear Bunte M,

Thank you for spending the time to review our hotel. We are delighted to read that you had a wonderful stay with us on your last business trip! It is always a pleasure to read that our guests enjoy our special amenities such as our chocolates and Molton Brown products.

We look forward to hosting you on your next trip to New York. Hopefully, it will be for pleasure, and not just for business!

Oakville, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

The Pierre offers a comfortable stay in elegant surroundings and highly attentive, courteous staff. The room was well appointed, the bed superb, breakfast excellent. There are many small touches designed to appeal to the well-heeled, discerning customer, yet we found ourselves wondering about value for money. First impressions count of course: you walk in from 5th Avenue and there's no real front lobby (later you find it's hidden round the corner) Instead you enter a long, low-ceilinged wide corridor with the front desk way down on one side. Likewise the dining room, nothing special decor-wise. Not a problem but the grandeur the literature promises is missing. Other nit picky points: room air-conditioning quiet but far from silent; intermittent annoying mooing sound that seemed to come from outside the room but inside the building; no coffee maker provided: too proletarian? They charge for Wi-fi, in this day and age would you believe? The door knob in bathroom wants to pinch your fingers against the frame. None of this is a killer but the Pierre simply doesn't put enough distance between itself and the chains. It's a Holiday or Hampton for us next time.

Room Tip: Stay away from the 15th floor (where the noise was)
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We had a live cockroach in our room. Housekeeping failed to show up when we called, so we resorted to depositing the offending critter (despatched by the heel of my husband's shoe) on the reception desk. The staff was visibly shocked, but we had to wait a further two days before the GM contacted us for an explanation/apology. We were then offered a free night for a future visit but we won't be returning. The lobby and common areas are also extremely tired. Our first impressions were poor and it only went downhill. Wonderful location, though.

Dear Gillian P

I was very upset to hear about your experience. We have an extensive preventative program in place to ensure this doesn’t happen as do most of the hotels in New York City. Regardless, we were extremely sorry to hear that this occurred despite our proactive maintenance. Please understand that this is an isolated case, regardless we sincerely apologize that this unfortunate incident took place. Thank you for your time and your feedback and we hope you had a safe return flight back to the UK.

The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York
Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

My husband and I recently visited the Pierre hotel to celebrate our anniversary. From the moment we contacted this hotel they took care of everything we needed, everything we wanted, and everything that we didn't even know we wanted. Not only do they go above and beyond, but they exceed all levels of expectation. I cannot say enough about this incredible hotel. The location is perfect, and very close to the part of Central Park that has the zoo. Its central to the most amazing shopping and restaurants too. Our two year old son was also with us on this trip, and even he was considered by the hotel, ensuring that his stay was great too.
From guest services to the front desk, house keeping, room service and elevator operators, everyone was so nice, and seemed genuinely happy to help us with everything we needed.
We ordered food from room service for dinner, which was great, and we also had breakfast at the Sirio restaurant. All the food was wonderful.
Our room was simply amazing, with a large comfortable bed, a bathroom with a shower that I'm guessing would be big enough for 8 people, a soaking tub, views of Central Park, tasteful, elegant decor, it was perfection. Often when I stay at a hotel, I am constantly annoyed by all the noise in the hallways, and dings of the elevators and being woken up by these sounds. I will say that this was one of the first times that I stayed at a hotel that had NO noise in the hallway, I couldn't hear a single thing, I slept very well.
We also want to give a very special thank you to the wonderful work of Sanela, Aneesha and Anupam, who helped us plan this trip, and it was because of them they every detail was taken care of. We wanted to do a picnic so they had the chef arrange a vegetarian picnic basket. There wasn't a single thing that we asked for that they didn't have an answer for, or were unable to do for us. They're answers to us were always, Yes. We hope to spend all of our anniversaries at the Pierre from now on. We were treated like royalty, and can't wait to go back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Heiko K, General Manager at The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear sparkling_xena,

First and foremost, Happy Anniversary! We thank you for choosing our hotel to celebrate such a momentous occasion, and we thank you even more for sharing your experience with us.

We are delighted that we were able to exceed your expectations, and hope that even your son had a stay he will never forget. From our location, to our rooms, and even our exceptional staff, we thank you for highlighting all of the different aspects of your experience.

We will be sure to extend your special thanks to our team members. Our hotel truly has the best talent. They are all committed to the practice of perfect hospitality.

We hope that you come back to our hotel soon. It would be an honor to host you again on your next visit to New York.

Heiko Kuenstle

Been to The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York? Share your experiences!