The Pierre offers a comfortable stay in elegant surroundings and highly attentive, courteous staff. The room was well appointed, the bed superb, breakfast excellent. There are many small touches designed to appeal to the well-heeled, discerning customer, yet we found ourselves wondering about value for money. First impressions count of course: you walk in from 5th Avenue and there's no real front lobby (later you find it's hidden round the corner) Instead you enter a long, low-ceilinged wide corridor with the front desk way down on one side. Likewise the dining room, nothing special decor-wise. Not a problem but the grandeur the literature promises is missing. Other nit picky points: room air-conditioning quiet but far from silent; intermittent annoying mooing sound that seemed to come from outside the room but inside the building; no coffee maker provided: too proletarian? They charge for Wi-fi, in this day and age would you believe? The door knob in bathroom wants to pinch your fingers against the frame. None of this is a killer but the Pierre simply doesn't put enough distance between itself and the chains. It's a Holiday or Hampton for us next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Landmark hotel on Fifth Avenue in New York City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, LHW, Amex, Venere, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pierre Hotel New York City
- Pierre New York City
- Pierre Hotel New York City