“A fantastic stay and experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York

Save Saved
You added The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York to your Saves list
The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 East 61st Street at Fifth Avenue, New York City, NY 10065 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Fourth Night Free
Ranked #38 of 452 hotels in New York City
London, United Kingdom
“A fantastic stay and experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

A fantastic hotel, beautifully located with excellent staff. We had an outstanding stay. The hotel has been refurbished recently but maintains a regal old world character. The Taj hospitality really comes through in how their staff interact with guests. Truly exceptional.

606 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

pretty impressive all round spotless,classy, and comfortable staff were the best ever experienced in nyc would definitely return location and ambience made returning to the hotel a real highlite of the trip

Room Tip: first class look forward to our next stay at the pierre
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Heiko K, General Manager at The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear 103dandj,

We are thrilled to hear that you considered our hotel to be one of the highlights of your trip to NYC. We are a historic hotel in New York, so that fact that you found us to be an integral part of your experience in our city is an honor.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future!

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Such a pleasure to stay in someone's home in nycThe room was very spacious. I wouldn't call the room luxurious but it was nice and with a balcony. The staff was great and very helpful. The area is great with plenty of restaurants and shopping within walking distance! Would stay here again!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear dianaw23,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are thrilled that you would like to stay with us again for it would be a pleasure. Our prime location on New York's 5th Avenue, across from Central Park, is certainly one of the highlights about The Pierre.

We hope that on your next stay with us, we can leave you with a more luxurious impression and that we will earn a five star review.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

Did stay at the Pierre with my wife and son, over Easter holiday, the staff was really helpful, friendly and always very professional. The room was excellent spacious and very clean, the concierge staff very professional helped with restaurant suggestions and booking. Really look forward to my next stay at this magnificent hotel.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Valletta, Malta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

From the first moment we entered this elegant and beautifully furnished hotel we felt at home, jetlag notwithstanding.

The welcome was genuinely warm and nothing was too much trouble. Our room was on the corner of the 34th floor and overlooked Central Park. It was large and tasteful without being in the least intimidating. OK we paid a bit extra, but it was worth every cent. The bathroom was huge, sparkling and with every facility. You could have held a small party in the shower - I was tempted but didn't want to share the streams of copious hot water from the massive shower head. What a superb way to start each day.
Our European electric toothbrush didn't like the US voltage, but within 20 minutes a transformer had been found and installed. An extension cable for the excellent room hairdryer arrived almost immediately.

It is hard to do justice to the general decor of the bedroom itself. I was very impressed with the thought that gone into making a very successful marriage between luxury, elegance and comfort. Indeed this mixture pervaded the whole of the Pierre. The lighting designer deserves a Oscar. I have never previously seen such an immaculate and effective installation. It makes such a difference to general ambiance and enjoyment.

The other great asset of the Pierre is its staff. Without exception they were immaculate, professional and charming. The Concierge section was particularly well informed and helpful, but we could not fault any part of the service from the chambermaid to the manager. On leaving we telephoned for help with our luggage - I could not believe it when there was a knock on the door within five minutes. In my experience this is a world record that will never be surpassed.

Breakfast was excellent. After one day they remembered your name as well as your dietary quirks. Thank goodness even the coffee was distinctly un-American. We also ate at the hotel in the evening (Sirio) and I have done a separate review - well up to standard.

We have had the good fortune to stay in many landmark hotels throughout the world and after a week in the Pierre have added it to our all time top favourites list. The other half is an expert and experienced complainer, so she was firstly devastated and then overwhelmed by the consistent excellence.
A very slight moan is that the internet was malfunctioning during our stay. My comment was immediately addressed and I understand that urgent improvements are already in hand. No charge was made and they were upset that there had been a temporary departure from the norm.

It was a huge and pleasant surprise to find such a beautiful hotel and service. I had always heard that the Pierre was exceptional, but it surpassed all expectations.

Room Tip: Pay extra for a view if Central Park
Dear Hugh B,

Thank you for spending the time to write a thorough review of our hotel. It is an honor for us when guests consider our hotel to be their home away from home. It is a very special feeling knowing that we are able to connect with our guests in such a way.

From our decor, to our staff, to the exceptional food that we have at The Pierre, it seems as though you enjoyed every minute of your stay with us. We are delighted to hear that. We do apologize though for the glitch with our wifi during your stay. We thank you for understanding.

We are looking forward to having the opportunity to host you once more, and welcome you to your home away from home in New York.

Mclean, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

A fabulous stay in 3910. A wonderful view and plenty of room. A perfectly comfortable bed and terrific Molton Brown full size hospitality Bath and Beauty amenities. More importantly I had a presentation with people flying in from London, Miami, Washington DC, Princeton NJ (train) arranged at The Madison Room. Perfectly catered and at a far more affordable price than the other hotels in close range.Excellent breakfast and service at SIRIO. Very efficient staff and a great menu. The very best part of this hotel is the exceptional staff that make every customer feel totally at home. A major achievement for a hotel of this size and with guest expectations so high. Congratulations to Heiko Kuenstle the General Manager who has clearly raised the bar for other Taj Hotels, Resorts and Palaces.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear BobbyBatman,

Thank you for spending the time to share such kind feedback with us. We are delighted that we were able to help you conduct a seamless and successful meeting in The Madison Room. Mentioning our service is one of the kindest compliments that one can make, for it is through feedback such as yours that inspires all of us to continue to provide exceptional service.

We look forward to welcoming you on your next business trip, but hopefully your next trip to New York will be for a vacation.

Lovettsville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

This is not about me; it is a review of the Pierre but I do have to set the scene a bit … Spolier Alert if you don't have time to read all: STAY AT THE PIERRE as you will never regret the experience. To set the scene about our recent stay, after losing my wife from cancer and then my mother also from cancer within a two week period a while back, I was not looking to meet anyone but did meet the person, through friends, that I intend to spend the rest of my life with if she will have me as her husband. So I planned a weekend to NYC. Always a wonderful destination and I wanted everything to be special so I booked a room at the Pierre as I had heard about the hotel through friends. I travelled to NYC from Washington, D.C. for business almost every week from 2009 through 2012, but had not been to NYC for a while and I had never stayed at the Pierre on those previous business trips… and now I cannot figure out why. What an experience! It started at the door and continued through the whole weekend and did not end at the door when we left as the memories of the fantastic stay at the Pierre will always be with me and my soon-to-be bride for the rest of our lives (yes, she did accept my proposal). The property is beautiful--without question a stand out in a city of standout properties. Elegant and a beauty to behold, wonderful rooms finely appointed, and a setting/location in NYC perfect for your rambles, shopping, and dining desires, all within a few blocks, what makes the Pierre The Pierre is the team. Service with more than just a smile… with a passion for making your stay absolutely perfect from beginning to end. This is a team that loves what they do and are dedicated to first-class, first-rate service. My former business lives have always been about people and recruiting-training people who have a passion for what they do… I could have taken lessons from The Pierre team. And, yes, my fiancee and I will be returning very soon. A lifetime of work experiences and stays in NYC… and now a hotel that I will always return to. I feel like I have found my NYC home.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Heiko K, General Manager at The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Dear Michael J,

First and foremost, on behalf of the entire team at The Pierre, our condolences for your losses. Second, congratulations on being recently engaged! We thank you for spending the time to write such a kind review about our hotel. It is an honor for us to be able to help you make memories that will last a lifetime.

Thank you for complimenting our team. It is through reviews and feedback such as this that inspires all of us at The Pierre to continue to provide five-star service. Passion is a driving force of our hotel, and we are fueled by the stories such as yours.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to The Pierre. We are thrilled that we are able to be your home away from home in New York.

The Pierre General Manager

Been to The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York? Share your experiences!