I recently stayed at The Pierre for 5 nights with my mother. We came to NYC to check out the shopping, museums and restaurants. We found the staff at The Pierre to be very friendly and helpful. They upgraded us to a bigger room which was a pleasant surprise.
Unfortunately, the floor they put us on (12th) had been freshly painted and the fumes from the paint gave my mother and I a terrible headache. Since it's an old building, the ventilation was poor and the smell of the paint was overwhelming in the hallway as well in our room. The air conditioning was poor as well and we had to request a fan for our room.
Aside from that, the room was beautiful and the bed was amazing (which made it very difficult to get out of it each morning!). The housekeeping staff were sweet and we loved the added charm of the elevator attendants. We also loved the doormen who were very polite and had a great sense of humour.
Having just returned from Kuwait with a broken foot, I was worried about getting around NYC with an AirCast. The cast ended up failing me as it broke while shopping on 5th Avenue. However, the concierge at the Pierre was very helpful and quick to help solve my problem. She first had the hotel's engineer look at it to see if he could fix it, and when he could not, she sent us to the right place that was just around the corner and they repaired it within 10 minutes. I was extremely grateful for her help.
The location is absolutely perfect, especially if it's your first time in New York. I loved being right across from Central Park and just up the street from the MET and MoMa (and they were close enough to walk to even in a walking-cast!)
Overall, I was very pleased staying at The Pierre and will most certainly stay here again in the future!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Landmark hotel on Fifth Avenue in New York City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, LHW, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pierre Hotel New York City
- Pierre New York City
- Pierre Hotel New York City