“New York's best” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York

Save Saved
You added The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York to your Saves list
The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 East 61st Street at Fifth Avenue, New York City, NY 10065 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Third Night Free
Ranked #50 of 451 hotels in New York City
New York City, New York
“New York's best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

My brother, sister and I treated my parents to a night at the Pierre to celebrate the 80th birthday of my father, a native New Yorker who has lived in Washington, DC the past 50 years. Their experience was perfection. This is truly New York's best from location to service to ammenities and charm. No one forgot to say happy birthday to my Dad and when they checked in the first treat was complimentary drinks at the bar. They went back in time with an elevator operator, complete with her own seat, took them to their room. And what's a visit to NYC without a sighting -- Henry Winkler, `The Fonz,' greeted them in the elevator with open arms and conversation. If the location across from central park isn't enough (where else do you want to wonder from your hotel during a one-night stay in new york?) the room itself was more than adequate, with a walk in closet, modern bathroom and enough space for the grandkids to visit. The celebration continued into the evening as when my parents returned from our dinner there was a bottle of champagne and cake waiting for them in the room. I have lived in New York the past 12 years and have never booked a hotel in the city before. I chose the Pierre because of its reputation and location. It exceeded all my expectations and reminded an 80-year-old native New Yorker why this is without doubt the world's finest city.

Room Tip: we chose a lower priced room without much of a view as the higher priced city rooms don't have a...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

578 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Smithtown, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We decided to splurge for a special weekend. While I have stayed in luxury hotels before, I felt like I was in a guest bedroom room at WIndsor Castle, rather than a hotel. The room was incredibly spacious, especially in mid-town Manhattan (The marble bathroom was the size of my bedroom at home). We had a view of Central Park. We ordered room service for breakfast and it was wheeled in right on time by an excellent server. Service for the entire stay was gracious, professional and attentive to our every request, without being overbearing. Everything was perfect

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Park.......
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Heiko K, General Manager at The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear LJSamson,

We want to extend our sincerest gratitude for taking the time to share your experience and to highlight all the wonderful things you enjoyed about your stay. We do have some of the best views of Central Park in the city, so we are glad you were able to experience them from your room. We pride ourselves on our service, so always love to hear that our guests every request were met. During your next visit, you will have to experience our new restaurant, Sirio Ristorante, or enjoy a drink in Two E Bar/Lounge. Thank you again for choosing The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York and we look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Yes really and truely divine. I arrived late and only for one night and was feeling tired and grumpy - but it just couldnt last at that wonderful hotel. From the moment I walked in the door, I was made welcome. The genuine kindness of the staff stuck me everywhere. The room was beautifully appointed and the couch and the bed so comfortable that you did not feel like getting up! As I was late, I ordered room service and the food was superb. I never sleep on - but the bed was so comfortable that I just did. I enjoyed breakfast at the very "New York" cafe - enjoying the atmosphere as much as the food. Before I left, I had time to savour a drink in the loung bar, which was just really comfortable. It is a magnificent building and beautifully restored - but a building does not a great hotel make. This one was just nailed it! Truely divine...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

This was a great, truly luxury expirience staying at Pierre. The location service rooms is perfect. Staff is very kind and make all possible to make u feel special.

Special thanks to concierge Jason who is the best in the world, and gives very true and valuable advices.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear MukanKZ,

We are thrilled to hear you had such a wonderful experience at The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York! It is very special for our staff to receive such wonderful compliments from guests; we truly appreciate you taking the time to do so. It is through such thoughtful support and feedback like yours that our staff continues to be inspired to provide impeccable service each day. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to Jason and let him know how appreciative you were of his service. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Purchase, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Recently we treated my parents to a weekend in NY for my father's 80th birthday, and treated them to a stay at The Pierre, A Taj Hotel. Not only is the location perfect for a weekend visit (walking distance to everything!), and the room exquisite, but the staff is the piece de resistance. I reached out to the Guest Relations department for help in surprising my father with special treats for his birthday. They were extraordinarily gracious and helpful, and they went out of their way to make my parents feel welcome and special. Anupam, in the Guest Relations department, was the consummate hospitality professional...a real asset to the Taj brand. The Pierre is a real NY gem.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jill R,

First and foremost, a belated Happy Birthday from us all at The Pierre, A Taj Hotel to your father! Thank you for choosing to spend this celebration with us. We feel honored to have been the hotel of choice for such a special occasion.

We are so glad to hear the Guest Relations Department, specifically Anupam, was able to make your father's birthday extra special! We will be sure to let him know his services were appreciated. We are so delighted to hear you call The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York a "gem" and we look forward to making our hotel your "home away from home" while traveling in New York City!

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

My best friend and I returned for our second trip to the Pierre.....we were not disappointed! Where can you go in New York and be treated like "old friends" on your second visit? Beautifully and gracefully decorated, with impeccable service - yet natural and not pretentious like some other Hotels in NY where I have stayed, we enjoyed every single moment! The people at the Pierre also make the difference - many of them employees for over 25 years! They LOVE the Hotel, they just don't work there. You really get a sense of pride and welcoming at this Hotel...it is a home away from home for us, and no request we made was too much. This is the kind of old world hotel (with all of the modern amenities) that makes memories. Not glitzy, and not like "every place else", lots of character. We won't go any where else.

Room Tip: We sacrificed view for a larger room, and were perfectly happy....you can walk right out he front do...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Heiko K, General Manager at The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are so glad to hear you and your best friend had such an enjoyable stay with us at The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York! We always aim to have our guests feel as though the hotel is their "home away from home" while traveling, and it sounds as though with you we have truly succeeded! We truly do look at our staff as more like family, as it is true that many have been with us for over 25 years. We will pass along your kinds words to them, as it is through such thoughtful support and feedback like yours that our staff continues to be inspired to provide impeccable service each day. We truly appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review and we look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home in New York City!

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

My mom and I loved our stay at the Pierre. The Pierre delighted us with an equisite birthday dessert upon our arrival and a lovely room with terrific amenities. The service team really cared about delivering a fantastic experience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Heiko K, General Manager at The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Brad C,

Wishing you mom a very happy and healthy birthday! We are so honored to hear you chose to celebrate this special occasion with us at The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York. We are so glad to hear you had such a wonderful stay and enjoyed the birthday cake and other room amenities. We will be sure to pass along your kind words to our service team, as it is kind words like your own that continue to inspire them to provide such excellent service everyday. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Pierre, A Taj Hotel in the near future!

Warm regards,

Been to The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York? Share your experiences!