It is a great location on the park which is very convenient. The room was very nice and well done. However, the hotel is not really in the league of a four seasons in terms of service and attention to detail. The guest areas are a lot more run down than the rooms. The gym is average at best, especially for a 5* hotel. I found the staff to be a little mediocre...lots of them standing around but when it came to asking the concierge for help to find somewhere to eat (hotel did not serve food mid-afternoon after we came in on our flight) they were not very helpful bordering on aggressive. The food was decent but is expensive - $60 for eggs, coffee and two glasses of juice. After having spent a week at the Four Seasons in Seattle, Scottsdale and Beverly Hills I found the Pierre to be disappointing. The hotel had mistakenly charged me for an extra night...fortunately I did not use the express check-out and caught this on the way out - so worth going to the trouble to check.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Landmark hotel on Fifth Avenue in New York City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Jetsetter, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, LHW, Orbitz, Amex, Tingo, Agoda, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Otel so you can book your The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pierre Hotel New York City
- Pierre New York City
- Pierre Hotel New York City