“Great hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York

Save Saved
You added The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York to your Saves list
The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 East 61st Street at Fifth Avenue, New York City, NY 10065 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Third Night Free
Ranked #47 of 451 hotels in New York City
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I had read a lot about the Pierre going down hill the last several years, I did not find that to be the case. The hotel just underwent $100 million renovation and probably still could use some more, the spa is just a hotel suite at this point. Our room was freshly updated and our service throughout our stay were very good. I did have a massage and the service was excellent and the suite was peaceful. Of course the location of the hotel and the views of central park cannot be beat.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Heiko K, General Manager at The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear ScottM,

We are thrilled to hear you had such a wonderful experience at The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York. We definitely do have the best location and views of Central Park in NYC, and we are glad you were able to take advantage of both. Our spa experiences are offered by trained experts, using exclusive natural products in a fresh and harmonious setting. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your massage! We are so glad you chose to stay with us during your recent trip to NYC and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Regards,

575 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Austin, TX, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I've stayed at a handful of NYC's 4- and 5-star hotels, but The Pierre is head-and-shoulders above the others. My first stay at The Pierre took place last week, and it's now the only place I'll stay during future visits to New York. With regard to cost, I feel bemused when I read hotel reviews from people who stay at luxe hotels and complain about the expense -- of course 5-star hotels are expensive. And The Pierre is no exception; however, I consider The Pierre to be a good value when compared to the St. Regis, Trump, Peninsula, Mandarin-Oriental, Plaza, Ritz Carlton, etc. The staff made me feel as if I were the only guest there -- ever available, genuinely concerned about my comfort and safety, always happy to see me. The historical elegance of the property is unparalleled, and the location on Central Park is a joy. I'd long read about The Pierre and am so grateful I finally made a visit. I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: The investment in a room with a Central Park view makes all the difference.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I was in the city for just a couple of days and had to stay uptown to be near a colleague's home and chose The Pierre. While its not the most hip hotel (it is on the Upper East Side), it was great. I was on the 8th Floor (room 837 to be exact)... great bed, quiet and small, but well-appointed bathroom (Moulton Brown products helped). The service here was amazing... from the elevator attendants to the front desk, everyone was helpful. The small gym was well-equipped and had bottled water, fresh juices, fruit and protein bars. Overall, a great stay!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

My daughter and her husband stayed at the Pierre last weekend. They were supposed to meet up with her grandparents, but due to last minute family illness, no one else in the family came to the family gathering. The hotel staff was wonderful. They let them check in early and helped them figure out how to best explore New York on their own. In the evening, my daughter and her husband had dinner at the Pierre's restaurant. The food was excellent.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ann24Virgina,

We are so sorry to hear about the last minute family illness and hope that everything turned out to be okay. That being said, we are glad to hear that your daughter and her husband were still able to enjoy themselves during their stay with us at The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York despite the change in plans. Hopefully they were able to see and do everything they wanted to while in NYC! Sirio Ristorante New York was just opened at our hotel in October, so positive feedback is always much appreciated! Thank you for your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you all back to our property, including the grandparents, in the near future!

Warm Regards,
Santa Monica, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The staff here are great, friendly and helpful. The hotel is a little bit faded though and we much prefer the Boston hotel to this one. The location is wonderful. The afternoon tea needs to ditch the tea bags though - no excuse for not having 'real' tea since the sandwiches are tiny and must take effort to make only to be let down by a tea bag. Eye-wateringly expensive .

• Stayed January 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

4 Girls for a long weekend up from DC for our themed "European Tour" and The Pierre fit right in! It was lovely and so old world, big mouldings, big decor, beautiful rooms, wonderful staff, elevator attendants were a nice bonus....

Room Tip: City view suites were fabulous just dont get one with a "handicap friendly" shower (of cou...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Atherton, Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stayed at the Pierre for 7 nights in October and it was an exceptional experience. Our room was large, with a partial park view and it was very comfortable and elegantly appointed. The service is what really made the hotel stand out. From the friendly and helpful concierges, to the efficient and gracious elevator operators (yes, its a throwback to another time, but it also provides a personal and unobtrusive additional level of security, as they get to recognize their guests), to the immaculate rooms, all of our needs were met. My husband and I were also impressed because the service was not at all stuffy--just gracious.

I inadvertently left a gold and diamond bracelet in the room. My stomach sank when I realized it after I returned home. I thought that I would never see it again, but when I called the hotel, one of the people who serviced the room had turned it into security. I received it back, along with a brand new pair of shoes that I had also left behind!

Highly recommend the Pierre and will stay again next time I am in New York.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York? Share your experiences!