“Exceptional experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York

Save Saved
You added The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York to your Saves list
The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 East 61st Street at Fifth Avenue, New York City, NY 10065 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Third Night Free
Ranked #75 of 446 hotels in New York City
Atherton, Ca
“Exceptional experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stayed at the Pierre for 7 nights in October and it was an exceptional experience. Our room was large, with a partial park view and it was very comfortable and elegantly appointed. The service is what really made the hotel stand out. From the friendly and helpful concierges, to the efficient and gracious elevator operators (yes, its a throwback to another time, but it also provides a personal and unobtrusive additional level of security, as they get to recognize their guests), to the immaculate rooms, all of our needs were met. My husband and I were also impressed because the service was not at all stuffy--just gracious.

I inadvertently left a gold and diamond bracelet in the room. My stomach sank when I realized it after I returned home. I thought that I would never see it again, but when I called the hotel, one of the people who serviced the room had turned it into security. I received it back, along with a brand new pair of shoes that I had also left behind!

Highly recommend the Pierre and will stay again next time I am in New York.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

499 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Shropshire England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for 3 nights before setting off on the Queen Mary 2 for a Christmas cruise, and found the hotel to be excellent.
In fact compared to the QM2, the hotel is a Palace!
I had booked a standard suite, but was upgraded on arrival to a beautiful home from home.
The staff were faultless and every aspect of my stay was a pleasure, a true 5 star hotel.
Thanks to the management, a Claridges in New York.

Stayed December 2012
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Pierre for one night on Christmas. This was our second stay and we by chance ended up in the same suite that we had the first time, which was very lovely. The hotel once again was excellent in every regard: from the doorman, to the housekeeping staff, to the beautiful decorations. The room service menu had many options, service itself was prompt and food delicious. The staff met all our requests (higher floor, extra towels, roll-away bed) in a timely efficient manner. The elevator attendants are always so nice, especially to kids and it's an extra lovely touch only this hotel offers.
Overall this was once again a wonderful stay, which we hope to repeat in the near future.

• Stayed December 2012
Heiko K, General Manager at The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Anya K,

We are honored to hear that you chose to spend your Christmas holiday with us at The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York! Thank you for your kind words about our doorman, housekeeping and staffing teams, as well as our elevator operators. This feedback means so much to everyone at The Pierre, A Taj Hotel and it will most certainly be shared with all of them. We are glad to hear we were able to meet all of your requests in a timely manner; we always aim to make sure our guests stat is as comfortable as possible. Hopefully we will be able to spend another Christmas together this year!

Warm Regards,
Scottsville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

This was our first time in NYC. Our 4 night stay was an "over the top" experience. Our room was a "city view" room and was plenty big for me and my husband. The bed was ultra plush. Like sleeping on a cloud. The shower was awesome, per my husband who is tall and sometimes has to lean over to get under the shower head. The service was impeccable! Very professional. Made us feel like royalty. White gloved elevator attendant and turn down service every night. Our room had an issue with the tv after the first night and they quickly moved us to a suite. Nice to have a refrigerator. The hotel also has a jaguar for hotel guest to use on a first come first serve basis. Even though we didn't utilize this service, we did see the sweet ride out front. The Pierre is the way to go.

Room Tip: Lower rooms on back of hotel - view of bldg behind hotel. Use Expedia for package deal
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

The hotel is great. The service is impecable. The concierge very helpful and attentive.
However, in other stays I had a much better room, this time, I got a lousy, small corner room.

Could have been a bit more spacious.

Bathroom is good. The shower is great and the size of the bathroom doesnt bother much.

Continental breakfast is limited. It summarises as two toasts and 3 pots of jam and butter. No egg, no honey, no cheese or other breads or pastries.

The fitness center is small, but since its hardly used, its empty and quite private. Its well equipped so no complaints.

Room Tip: Try not getting a small room - those in the corridor corners.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Milan, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

This is the second time I ve been at the Pierre Hotel and I can confirm that it is a dream.
It s on the 5th Av. And in front of Central Park,you have the subway next to the hotel.
Rooms are super clean and comfortable.The staff is kind gentle and at your disposal for everything.
It is expensive but it worth it.
(Buy the bathrope which is beautiful!!)
The only problem is that you have to pay for internet!!!!I think the should give it for free since the price of the rooms!!!

• Stayed December 2012
Dear NicoleMaggio,

Thank you so much for your kind review. We are so honored to hear you feel we are the best hotel on Central Park, we truly appreciate such kind remarks! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your room and our staff, we will be sure to pass along your compliments. We look forward to welcoming you back for a third stay, and hopefully many more to come!

Warm Regards,
Asuncion, Paraguay
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Ok maybe it was because I was just staying overnight so I couldn't appreciate the location but I was disappointed with the hotel. The room was small especially considering what you are paying. Of course you begin to understand the price when you see they have elevator attendants. I don't need somebody to press the number for me, it doesn't add anything for me and effectively we are paying for this in the price. Breakfast though the food was good the service was slow which is fine on a lazy Sunday morning but not so good when you want to get somewhere.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York? Share your experiences!