Stayed at The Pierre over the weekend, two adults and a child in a city-view suite. There was a "Suite celebration" 50 per cent off after the first night promotion and we took advantage of it. Suite was quite large, newly renovated and nicely appointed. There was a nice open view of the UES from both living room and bedroom windows. There were three flat screen TVs, including one above the bathtub. Bathroom was full of amenities, included a separate soaking tub and a large marbled shower stall, and boasted new shiny fixtures -- the rain showerhead was amazing. Housekeeping keeps the place immaculately clean and brought extras of everything requested (including a child size bathrobe and slippers without us even asking). Room service was pricey but very prompt and attentive. Food was quite good, including some Indian cousine dishes. Both vegetarian options and a children's menu were available as well. One morning we had breakfast at Le Caprice, which was good as well. Lovely flaky croissants and availability of soy milk is a definite plus. Room service breakfast was excellent, especially the pancakes. There is also a kitchenette with a microwave and a refrigerator, which was useful for yogurt and snacks.
Location cannot be beat, nor the service. They will literally go above and beyond to make your stay an excellent one. There is a hotel courtesy car but we did not take advantage of it this time.
Is it expensive? Yes. Is it worth every penny? Absolutely. This is old world charm and new world luxury at their best, and we are definitely looking forward to returning.
- Also Known As:
- The Pierre Hotel
- The Pierre Hotel New York City
- Pierre New York City
- Pierre Hotel New York City
- Pierre Hotel New York
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Landmark hotel on Fifth Avenue in New York City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, LHW, Amex, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Otel, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Olotels, Venere, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.