“Good location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin New York Grand Central

You added The Westin New York Grand Central to your Saves list
The Westin New York Grand Central
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   212 East 42nd Street, Between 2nd Ave and 3rd Ave, New York City, NY 10017 (Midtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #220 of 463 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Victoria
“Good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

We had booked a Queen room however were put in a twin so sleeping in a double bed was a bit squishy, fortunately the beds & pillows were really comfy. We were on 8th floor & the street noise was terrible. The staff were friendly & the room was clean. 10 minute walk to Times Square, lots of restaurants/cafes nearby. WiFi is free in the lobby but not in your room. Restaurant in lobby is quite expensive but good for a drink while using WiFi. Would stay again but ask for a room on a higher floor.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors may be a bit quieter.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Joe B, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin New York Grand Central, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Thank you for your feedback! I am glad you enjoyed our location! I am sorry that unfortunately at our properties we do not have queen size beds. We only offer king beds or doubles. We hope you still had a heavenly experience in our heavenly beds.

We are glad to hear you will be staying with us again! We look forward to welcoming you back and placing you in a higher floor if possible.

Director of Guest Services

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (380)
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights at this hotel. Check in was quick and room was big and clean. Lobby area is very small and congested. Appears to be lot of security staff around. Service is minimalist. Hotel has small eating area but food variety is limited. You'll be better off going to Pax next door for quick/better service as well as greater variety of meals. If I am to return to NYC I will book a hotel closer towards 7th avenue.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
I am delighted to hear you had a quick and easy check-in experience. We were happy to provide you comfortable room as soon as possible. I thank you for your feedback in the areas of guest service and the restaurant the LCL. We will work to improve these services as we understand the importance of your feedback.

As we are actively improving our services we hope you will still consider our property.

Vienna, Austria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

business trip and meeting in The Westin. Lobby area very small and therefore always crowded, feels like platform of a train station. Screwed up our reservation, as at midnight my later arriving colleague was given same room as me, I thought somebody wants to break into my room as I was asleep already... Rooms are ok, clean and tidy, bed is very good. Bathroom a bit smelly from the shower curtain, towels already very thin, they seem to have many years of "experience".... Got charged a bill from the bar which wasnt from us, but they took it off without making any problem. And the restaurant the concierge recommended as "our best reco for steak" was simply awful. Gym very good. Staff at check-out also very friendly !!! Would not come back.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
I am sorry that you had multiple issues with your experience! We aim to provide service that exceeds all expectations and I see that wasn’t your experience. Please do not hesitate to contact me as I wish this not to be your last impression of our property.

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

We stayed at the Westin Grand Central Hotel for one night Memorial Day weekend. We were attending a wedding in New York City. It was very nice and the customer service people were excellent. They upgraded us to a corner room. The room was very nice. Nice smelling shampoo, soap and body wash. There was a bottle of water in the room and I was dying from thirst. Come to find out, the bottled water was $8.50. I understand this is NYC, but really? I ended up having the tap water. The highlight of my trip was going to Carnagie Deli twice. Once when we arrived on Sunday afternoon and for breakfast on Monday morning before we went to Penn Station to get our train home. The hotel was nice, but if visiting NYC again to do touring, I would stay at a hotel closer to Penn Station and/or Times Square.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
It certainly sounds like we were able to provide you a great overall stay with us! I am happy you enjoyed our Westin White Tea Aloe Heavenly Spa products! I love the scent as well and offering this for our guests.

I am glad we were able to offer you a great stay and complimentary upgrade you to provide you a memorable stay!

We hope you will still consider staying with us again as we are close to Grand Central Station and it’s a very brief train ride to Times Square as well as Penn Station but provides you a more peaceful retreat.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

A nice boutique feel right in tge Grand Central area. The rooms are quite spacious by NY standards and decorated well and the heavily beds are terrific. The drawback is that the hotel lobby and check in area is chaotic and not warm at all. The staff service is just ok and unfriendly. Restaraunt in lobby has pretty good breakfast and coffee. A great value for your money for NYC.

• Stayed April 2014
What a lovely title to describe our property! It is true that we are in a wonderful location allowing our guests to get to the entire island of Manhattan so easily. Grand Central Station has many subway lines, buses, and trains, providing our guests many avenues on how to travel easily.

Thank you for your feedback regarding the guest service. We want to make sure we are offering a warm and friendly welcome to our property. We will address our associates and ensure they are providing the service Starwood is known for.

westchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I spent the weekend in NYC for my birthday. The hotel has a perfect central location to get all over the city. The hotel is decorated in a modern way, yet still feels warm and welcoming. Rooms are very clean and comfortable. My husband is a platinum Starwood member and Stephanie the Westin experience coordinator found out about my birthday and sent up a card and a cake dessert to the room. That gesture made me feel special! I was so surprised. I would recommend this property for your next visit to NYC for business or pleasure.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Wow is right! It sounds like you had a spectacular stay with us! Let me wish you happy birthday as well! Thank you for recognizing Stephanie for her efforts she went through to offer you a special birthday! It was our pleasure to offer you memorable birthday celebration with us!

We thank you for offering our property and look forward to welcoming you back to our property whether it’s a celebration or a trip for business.

Director of Guest Relations
denver, co
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

We stayed a few nights in this super handy hotel. It is easy to walk to so many places in the city. We also loved the views of the Empire State Building all done up and red, white and blue for Memorial day.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello Pat j,

We do have fantastic views from our property! Our location makes us close to many great hot spots in the city! It provides a spectacular view of the Chrysler Building, one of my favorites. We do have views of the Empire State Building, East River, as well as 42nd street.

We hope you will be back at our property to see the fantastic views once again!

Director of Guest Services

Been to The Westin New York Grand Central? Share your experiences!