We stayed here back in Feb and again in April 2014. The location is great, close to Grand Central station, which makes it easy to move around. And the room is comfy, not as big but it is spacious for NYC, so no complain there. Interior is up to Westin's standard, with their signature heavenly bed.
In Feb, they put us in a room with partial view of Chrysler building, which was quite amazing in the evening. In April, we can see a bit of Empire State but not as obvious.
We've got a room at the Starwood Preferred Guest floor at a high floor, and relatively quiet (for NYC). What I like is that they are not as sticky about check-in time, unlike some other hotels in NY. They let us in at around noon, while check-in time is 3pm.
The only thing to complain is that their Service button on the phone in the room seemed to always be busy, not easy to get through. It took awhile for us to be able to speak to someone in order to request for bathroom slippers.
Service button aside, overall this is a nice hotel in great location. I don't mind staying here again next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin New York Grand Central hotel is located in the heart of midtown Manhattan. Our hotel is ideal for both leisure and business travelers as it is ideally located near Grand Central Terminal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Starwood, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Otel, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Despegar.com, getaroom.com and Venere so you can book your The Westin New York Grand Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The New York Helmsley Hotel New York City
- The Hotel New York City
- New York Helmsley Hotel
- Hemsley New York
- Helmsley Hotel New York
- The New York City Helmsley
- Helmsley New York