“Amazing Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Michelangelo Hotel

You added The Michelangelo Hotel to your Saves list
The Michelangelo Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   152 West 51st Street, Between 6th and 7th Avenues, New York City, NY 10019 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
20% Savings on all Suites
Ranked #61 of 458 Hotels in New York City
A TripAdvisor Member
“Amazing Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2004

The Michaelangelo is an incredibly beautiful hotel, with large rooms and impeccable service. The rooms have a luxurious feel and the amenities are fabulous. We were more than satisfied with every aspect of our experience and look forward to staying there again in the future. If you want the most for your money in a fantastic location, this is definitely your hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
  • Turkish first
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2004

Deserving of it's 4 Star rating. Room and service was superb! Location was great. Will definitely stay here again!

Huntington, WV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2004

Girls weekend and it was enhanced by our stay at the Michelangelo. One block to Rockefeller Center, one block to Mama Mia(5stars), 3 blocks to Restaurant Row, one block to Radio City..get the idea? The deli on corner of 7th avenue and 50th st.(A&K?) has the best food, quick service, excellent prices for bkft/lunch. My only dissatisfaction with the Michelangelo is the comp breakfast. Coffee, tea, and dried up pastries is the only offering, no juices or yogurt, and you must eat in the lobby, no coffee in the rooms. But its Free!!! We supped at the deli most mornings. Staff is 5star as well. Luscious Italian chocolates on our pillows. Can I say more??

Boston MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2004

Just returned from a 2 day stay at the Michelangelo and it was perfect. The staff was gracious and warm. I told them it was my 49th birthday and my first trip to New York. They asked if we wanted an upgrade from a standard room to a suite for $30.00 more and my husband said yes. The room was beautiful, great bed, 2 bathrooms one with a bidet, 4 televisions, kitchette, living room. They provide toiletries and bathrobes in the large bathroom. The location was excellent, walking distance to almost all the great tourist sites. The breakfast was ok, just had coffee and tea because there are so many great places nearby to have breakfast. The only complaint was the price of 2 drinks at the bar one night...$20.00, expensive so don't recommend having one before bed! When we checked out we looked at our bill and we were never charged the extra $30.00 for the upgrade, their mistake or they just decided to be nice for my birthday I don't know but we got a great room at a great price $199.99. Try this hotel you won't be disappointed!

novi, mi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2004

My wife and I stayed here in the beginning of September. It was very nice but you get what you pay for. There are better deals around (see my review of the Sheraton Manhattan). The room was beyond beautiful and spacious. I was expecting a little more from the breakfast though.

szeh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2004

Took my wife to NYC for her first trip there....a little 4 day vacation. Booked everything through Expedia, but based the hotel on the reviews on tripadvisor. . I was nervous because everything looks great in the pictures, but when you get there it doesn't look like the same place. Needless to say it was perfect. The Michelangelo Hotel was everything we wanted. Great location to everything NYC has to offer. Staff was excellent, the rooms large and well furnished. I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay in a beautiful hotel right in the center of NYC.

Ct
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2004

My husband & I decided last minute to go to NYC for our 27th anniversary. I made reservations on Fri 8/20 for a 1 night stay Sat 8/21 at The Michelangelo Hotel, which I had seen in a few guidebooks & online. It is at 152 W. 51st St. I was given a great rate, and on arrival they had upgraded us to a suite for the occasion. When we arrived, it was dinner time & we asked the concierge for a recommendation for a restaurant. He reserved a table at Remy for us AND sent us a glass of champgane. (It was basically around the corner from the hotel.) The meal was delicious, staff attentive- not obtrusive. The concierge also made reservations for us at Gotham Comedy Club. We were 2 people away from the comedian!!! We had a wonderful time. It was so reassuring knowing that everything had been taken care of! The hotel itself is clean, nicely appointed & convenient. I plan to make it my NY homebase.

Been to The Michelangelo Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Michelangelo Hotel

Address: 152 West 51st Street, Between 6th and 7th Avenues, New York City, NY 10019
Location: United States > New York > New York City > Manhattan
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Room Service Suites Wheelchair access
#45 Luxury Hotel in New York City
#49 Romantic Hotel in New York City
#57 Family Hotel in New York City
#73 Business Hotel in New York City
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $$$
Hotel Class:4 star — The Michelangelo Hotel 4*
Be our guest! You will be honored with all the attention and impeccable service you deserve. Experience a place that captures the imagination and attention of the world. So close to NY's Theatre District, Times Square's entertainment and corporate headquarters, proximity to Rockefeller Center--you are in the perfect corner of the city for all you wish to do. With meeting and personal event facilities, plan a perfect event with us. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Amex, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Michelangelo Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
The Michelangelo Hotel New York City
Michelangelo Hotel New York City
Michelangelo New York

If you own or manage The Michelangelo Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.