Compared to other hotels I have stayed in in NYC (the Omni and the Sofitel) the rooms here are huge. My room also appeared to have been refurbished recently and had nice wooden flooring.
However I (and several of my colleagues staying in other rooms) were woken several times during the night by the heating/air conditioning system, turned itself on and off and rattled.
I would stay here again solely due to the rooms and good location but the rest of the hotel was a disappointment. Nobody ever opened the (very heavy) front door, reception staff were abrupt and I had to queue to check in as there was only 1 person on the desk.
A big annoyance is having to pay for wifi in a hotel that already costs over $450 a night.
Not my favourite NY hotel (I would have rated 3.5 stars if I could) but if you want space then you could do a lot worse
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Be our guest! You will be honored with all the attention and impeccable service you deserve. Experience a place that captures the imagination and attention of the world. So close to NY's Theatre District, Times Square's entertainment and corporate headquarters, proximity to Rockefeller Center--you are in the perfect corner of the city for all you wish to do. With meeting and personal event facilities, plan a perfect event with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, T4B, Orbitz, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your The Michelangelo Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Michelangelo Hotel New York City
- Michelangelo Hotel New York City
- Michelangelo New York