I have stayed at The Michelangelo many times over the past few years, and every time I stay here, I find a new reason to make me want to keep on coming back.
I have read in other reviews that certain people find the staff to be cold, distant, or rude. That could not be further from the truth in my many experiences. Everyone who works here has been very knowledgeable, friendly, and refer to me by name. On this particular stay, I was given a very warm and friendly greeting as I walked to the front desk. They welcomed me back, and even upgraded me to an absolutely beautiful full sized suite. And even though the room was not quite ready when I checked in, they made the process very easy. There was no hassles whatsoever when it came to storing my luggage, or getting it back when the room was ready. Plus, the front desk staff did a wonderful job of keeping me updated on my room.
I even received a special surprise in my room later that same day. When I returned to the hotel after seeing a Broadway performance that night, I walked into my bedroom, and found a personalized note from The Michelangelo's General Manager, welcoming me back, accompanied by a beautiful gift box of Godiva chocolates. To this day, I have no idea what this was for. I went to the front desk and asked for the General Manager a couple times during my stay, so I could personally thank them, but unfortunately, they were always at a meeting, or not in their office. I did leave a message for the Manager, and I hope they got it, and know how much it was appreciated.
As always, The Michelangelo is impeccable. My suite was beautiful and very clean. The quiet, intimate room is always a welcome sight after spending a day in the city. The location is centralized, without being right in the middle of the chaos of Times Square. Most of all, the staff is first rate in almost every department I've dealt with. From the Concierge right down to the bartender, everyone has been open and friendly with me on each visit.
I know that I have written about this hotel many times, but that's only because each time I stay, there's something new I want to complement or thank the staff for. Thank you, staff of The Michelangelo, for another fantastic stay. I will see you all again in December!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Be our guest! You will be honored with all the attention and impeccable service you deserve. Experience a place that captures the imagination and attention of the world. So close to NY's Theatre District, Times Square's entertainment and corporate headquarters, proximity to Rockefeller Center--you are in the perfect corner of the city for all you wish to do. With meeting and personal event facilities, plan a perfect event with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, T4B, Expedia, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Amex, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your The Michelangelo Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Michelangelo Hotel New York City
- Michelangelo Hotel New York City
- Michelangelo New York