“Each time I stay, I find something new to love” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Michelangelo Hotel

You added The Michelangelo Hotel to your Saves list
The Michelangelo Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   152 West 51st Street, Between 6th and 7th Avenues, New York City, NY 10019 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
20% Savings on all Suites
Ranked #61 of 458 Hotels in New York City
Janesville, Wisconsin
“Each time I stay, I find something new to love”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I have stayed at The Michelangelo many times over the past few years, and every time I stay here, I find a new reason to make me want to keep on coming back.

I have read in other reviews that certain people find the staff to be cold, distant, or rude. That could not be further from the truth in my many experiences. Everyone who works here has been very knowledgeable, friendly, and refer to me by name. On this particular stay, I was given a very warm and friendly greeting as I walked to the front desk. They welcomed me back, and even upgraded me to an absolutely beautiful full sized suite. And even though the room was not quite ready when I checked in, they made the process very easy. There was no hassles whatsoever when it came to storing my luggage, or getting it back when the room was ready. Plus, the front desk staff did a wonderful job of keeping me updated on my room.

I even received a special surprise in my room later that same day. When I returned to the hotel after seeing a Broadway performance that night, I walked into my bedroom, and found a personalized note from The Michelangelo's General Manager, welcoming me back, accompanied by a beautiful gift box of Godiva chocolates. To this day, I have no idea what this was for. I went to the front desk and asked for the General Manager a couple times during my stay, so I could personally thank them, but unfortunately, they were always at a meeting, or not in their office. I did leave a message for the Manager, and I hope they got it, and know how much it was appreciated.

As always, The Michelangelo is impeccable. My suite was beautiful and very clean. The quiet, intimate room is always a welcome sight after spending a day in the city. The location is centralized, without being right in the middle of the chaos of Times Square. Most of all, the staff is first rate in almost every department I've dealt with. From the Concierge right down to the bartender, everyone has been open and friendly with me on each visit.

I know that I have written about this hotel many times, but that's only because each time I stay, there's something new I want to complement or thank the staff for. Thank you, staff of The Michelangelo, for another fantastic stay. I will see you all again in December!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Katherine S, Manager at The Michelangelo Hotel, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank you so much for the great review and your continued support! We always love it when you visit us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is a great location for a first time visitor to the New York .
Vey central to all the important sites ie; Times Square , Central park , 5th avenue and theatre's , plus short taxi rides to other areas
The room we booked was a junior king which was perfect and very spacious .
Bed very comfortable . Fridge didnt work but there was a ice dispenser near by .
We had breakfast there on a few occasions nice but expensive .
While I like the hotel and location it's begining to look a little bit tired .
Free Internet in lobby but charged for in room .

The value rate .....I would give it 3.5 out of 5 ..

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for your review and feedback!
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We rented 3 rooms at the Michelangelo for my wife and me, my in-laws, and 4 teenagers. We were excited to see the sites of NYC, and we were looking for a reasonably priced hotel that was close to everything. The Michelangelo, like all good NYC hotels, is expensive, but the rooms are very comfortable. The concierge hooked us up with a great spot for watching fireworks for the 4th of July. The location is right in the middle of everything, yet, the hotel is a quiet oasis from the chaos that is Times Square Manhattan. I would definitely go again, and recommend it to anyone looking for a comfortable spot close to everything.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the great review and for choosing to stay with over the holiday with your family. Please come back and see us again soon!
Myrtle Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

The location was good, easy walk to Park Avenue, Times Square, etc. The decor was nice even though it was older. The staff was friendly. We came early as the flight landed early around 11:00. We were told that we could wait for a room with view or checkin to another room. We elected to wait, stored our bags, and returned around 5 to a room with a "view"-- sixth floor facing a side street/office building ...Guess we should have clarified because the noise of being so close to the street was not worth the wait and there was noise.

The room was larger than most New York rooms. There was ample storage and a nice surprise of a large garden tub. The bar was of course very expensive (I think sparkling water was $10) but back downstairs and two doors down there was a store with drinks and snacks so we made a trip down there and elected to by the $3.00 water. We did however miss a refrigerator in the room...there was a place for one but the spot was empty. Also, I missed GREATLY an in-room coffee maker.

Overall, it was a decent experience I probably would have given it 3.5 stars to me it was an average hotel in service and amenities but had large rooms and a good location.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the review! Please come see us again and we would be happy to provide you with an additional fridge and coffee maker. These items are always available upon request!
New Braunfels, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel that is centrally located and just down the street from Times Square and most all of the theaters. The staff was friendly and helpful when needed. We would stay again. It isn't cheap, but you have to consider the location. The room was large which is unusual for NYC and clean. The beds are comfortable.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the nice review Richard! Come visit us again soon!
Rancho Mirage, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

It was a very nice Hotel and location was ideal for getting around the City. Very Large room and nicely appointed. An older hotel but still nicely furnished. Our room was very quiet and we never heard anything even from the streets. Beauitful lobby.

Room Tip: Rooms looking over the avenue and in the back.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you Claudia for the very nice review! We cant wait to see you again soon we hope!
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

We visited here with our two children for a theatre weekend and had an excellent experience. The hotel itself delivers - especially if you are seeking a more boutique atmosphere. The room was very large for mid town and the dressing area could be closed off which was perfect for us. Service was friendly and fast. There is a coffee and pastry service in the morning included with the rate. The lobby bar is very comfortable and perfect for a pre or post show drink.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the very nice review! We hope to see you again soon for another holiday trip!

Been to The Michelangelo Hotel? Share your experiences!