“quiet oasis in heart of time square.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Michelangelo Hotel

You added The Michelangelo Hotel to your Saves list
The Michelangelo Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   152 West 51st Street, Between 6th and 7th Avenues, New York City, NY 10019 (Midtown)   |
Ranked #40 of 467 Hotels in New York City
akron
“quiet oasis in heart of time square.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

spent long weekend here deliberately seeking boutique hotel near tourist attractions. been to NYC many times but never did the common tourist-y things (skating at rock, rockettes, etc). this hotel was perfect for such a weekend. walk to everything. quiet, elegant reprieve from maddening crowd. excellent accomodating service. comfy room with lrg tub, fridge, storage areas. there a very small bar off lobby (6-8 seats) contl breakfast is free and very good, but located in basement in small, non-descript tiny room. overall, a very nice, elegant hotel just off the square.

• Stayed December 2012

South Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I was overall happy with the room and service. Convenient location. Very disappointed that they wanted me to pay for internet. I had work to do while I was there that had to be done on my laptop, and I don't like being nickeled and dimed. I can get free internet in a $60 room...but not in a $400+ room? Sad.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
The Woodlands, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

There for a quick, 2-night stay with a friend, we were within walking distance of Times Square and the theaters. Our room was very large and comfortably "simple elegance". I like that it was a bit tucked away, located just off of the busy street, not ON it, so we didn't have a lot of the "just looking" tourist traffic found in the larger chains on Broadway. I also liked the decor and it's more traditional approach to everything from the furniture's upholstery to the chandeliers and classic light fixtures. Some of the other hotels we saw were so starkly modern and appeared to be more like night clubs. The Michelangelo was welcoming and very cozy. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Very nice hotel centrally located to the theatre district near Times Square. Clean and spacious room despite the single report on bedbugregistry.com from a year ago. The included breakfast was a little disappointing: coffee, tea and pastries (which were cold and not fresh on Sunday) only.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

From the moment I had the bellman to pick up my luggage until the moment the bellman took my luggage to car awaiting to take me to the airport; I was treated with the utmost respect. From the desk clerks, to the concierge, to the bartender getting me a Coke while waiting on my lunch; I received top notch VIP service. My room was overly large, immaculately decorated, and very plush. I have stayed at many hotels in NYC and this is by far the most spacious, comfortable, and exquisite hotel I have had the pleasure of laying my head! I highly recommend this hotel if for an overnight stay as mine or a long term stay. This hotel will be my first and only choice when I travel to the city!

• Stayed December 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

The only hotel I stay in when in Midtown Manhattan.Ambience is beyond any other you will find for the money. Walking distance to Times Square and all theaters.The staff is exceptional.The moment you want into the lobby you feel as though you have stepped back in time to a world of grandeur and elegance.

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank Wheatfarm
Washington, DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I had a great experience last year, in a Jr Suite. Everything was as pictured. When we returned in October we had booked an Executive King with marble foyer, and were eligible for an Iprefer upgrade. Upon check in they said they granted us an upgrade. The room was completely not as pictured. It had no marble foyer of any kind, we walked in and the bed was right there on the right. There were no nice red or purple bed covers and other bed decor as pictured. It was bed with a wooden headboard and white comforter on it (and it was in the morning, so not turn-down service time). No colors, nothing of the sort. I called and double-checked that this was an upgrade, but I still don't understand what it was an upgrade to. generally, the front desk was dismissive. I felt like we were placed into the worst room in the hotel even though it wasn't full and we made reservations in advance. The bathroom was marble and was nice, although significantly smaller than the jr suite that had a walk in closet. Otherwise, good location for a hotel. We had a off-season rate, but now I am concerned about my reservation for high season. I wouldn't pay $380 or up for what we got the second time.

Room Tip: if you are picky about room decor, make sure you ask if you room will be as pictured. Jr Suites are...