“Excellent, 5 star treatment all the way!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Michelangelo Hotel

You added The Michelangelo Hotel to your Saves list
The Michelangelo Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   152 West 51st Street, Between 6th and 7th Avenues, New York City, NY 10019 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
20% Savings on all Suites
Ranked #61 of 458 Hotels in New York City
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
“Excellent, 5 star treatment all the way!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

From the moment I had the bellman to pick up my luggage until the moment the bellman took my luggage to car awaiting to take me to the airport; I was treated with the utmost respect. From the desk clerks, to the concierge, to the bartender getting me a Coke while waiting on my lunch; I received top notch VIP service. My room was overly large, immaculately decorated, and very plush. I have stayed at many hotels in NYC and this is by far the most spacious, comfortable, and exquisite hotel I have had the pleasure of laying my head! I highly recommend this hotel if for an overnight stay as mine or a long term stay. This hotel will be my first and only choice when I travel to the city!

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

The only hotel I stay in when in Midtown Manhattan.Ambience is beyond any other you will find for the money. Walking distance to Times Square and all theaters.The staff is exceptional.The moment you want into the lobby you feel as though you have stepped back in time to a world of grandeur and elegance.

• Stayed November 2012
Washington, DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I had a great experience last year, in a Jr Suite. Everything was as pictured. When we returned in October we had booked an Executive King with marble foyer, and were eligible for an Iprefer upgrade. Upon check in they said they granted us an upgrade. The room was completely not as pictured. It had no marble foyer of any kind, we walked in and the bed was right there on the right. There were no nice red or purple bed covers and other bed decor as pictured. It was bed with a wooden headboard and white comforter on it (and it was in the morning, so not turn-down service time). No colors, nothing of the sort. I called and double-checked that this was an upgrade, but I still don't understand what it was an upgrade to. generally, the front desk was dismissive. I felt like we were placed into the worst room in the hotel even though it wasn't full and we made reservations in advance. The bathroom was marble and was nice, although significantly smaller than the jr suite that had a walk in closet. Otherwise, good location for a hotel. We had a off-season rate, but now I am concerned about my reservation for high season. I wouldn't pay $380 or up for what we got the second time.

Room Tip: if you are picky about room decor, make sure you ask if you room will be as pictured. Jr Suites are...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
San Angelo, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

We enjoyed The Michaelangelo. Nice staff and great location. Our room was at the far end of the hall and the windows faced another part of the building. Thus the room was quiet but dark. There is a basic complimentary coffee and muffin breakfast on the lower floor which we did not know about initially. It was nice that they also offered the NY Times in the breakfast room.
I am not a fan of "mini bars" and would rather hotels keep the small refrigerator available for the customers own use. But The Michaelangelo has the locked style mini bar in the rooms instead.

• Stayed November 2012
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We stayed here for our 25th wedding anniversary and had a fabulous time. The suite was quiet, luxurious and absolutely spotless. The hotel staff were very helpful and polite, and room service prompt. It is perfect location with so much in walking distance.
We had a wonderful holiday and will be booking in when we next visit New York.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Corona del Mar, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at the Michelangelo hotel for several years now. We LOVE this hotel and would never consider staying any where else in New York!!! As others have said, the location is fantastic, the rooms are really large, the bathrooms are great and the staff is fabulous!!! We now feel at home in New York at the Michelangelo!!! We have brought many friends there and they also loved it!!! Bernie at the bar, Henry at the door and the rest of the staff are so welcoming. The is a Europa cafe across the street and Ruth Chris next door, as well as The Capitol Grill. The hotel has a free car service to Wall Street M-F and continental breakfast everyday included in the price of the room..Michelangelo would be proud to have this hotel named after him!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to The Michelangelo Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Michelangelo Hotel

Address: 152 West 51st Street, Between 6th and 7th Avenues, New York City, NY 10019
Location: United States > New York > New York City > Manhattan
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Room Service Suites Wheelchair access
#45 Luxury Hotel in New York City
#49 Romantic Hotel in New York City
#58 Family Hotel in New York City
#73 Business Hotel in New York City
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $$$
Hotel Class:4 star — The Michelangelo Hotel 4*
Be our guest! You will be honored with all the attention and impeccable service you deserve. Experience a place that captures the imagination and attention of the world. So close to NY's Theatre District, Times Square's entertainment and corporate headquarters, proximity to Rockefeller Center--you are in the perfect corner of the city for all you wish to do. With meeting and personal event facilities, plan a perfect event with us. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, T4B, Expedia, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Amex, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Michelangelo Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
The Michelangelo Hotel New York City
Michelangelo Hotel New York City
Michelangelo New York

If you own or manage The Michelangelo Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.