“Honeymoon ” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Mansfield

You added The Mansfield to your Saves list
The Mansfield
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12 West 44th Street, Off of Fifth Avenue, New York City, NY 10036 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Ring in the New Year
Ranked #266 of 459 Hotels in New York City
“Honeymoon ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

We started the first leg of our honeymoon in New York, and chose the Mansfield because it seems central, hotel was perfect for what we needed, just a place for us to sleep and keep our belongings safe, Although it is such a dark hotel, I know that's the kind of style there going for, but it's just a bit weird that there isn't any main lights in the bedroom. Overall would recommend.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Lisa G, General Manager at The Mansfield, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear David R,

It was a pleasure having you stay with us at the Mansfield Hotel. We are glad your stay was enjoyable and we hope we have made a believer out of you. We hope we have become your choice of hotels in NYC the next time you come to visit. The team and I would love to welcome you back!

Be well,
Lisa Grossberg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Very good hotel, excellent location equally close to times square and grand central. The hotel and room was always very clean and staff very friendly and helpful. Would definitely stop here again in future visits to New York.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Jack Williams F,

Thank you for taking your time to write a trip advisor review on The Mansfield Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay, we do our best to give our guest the best experience possible. We look forward to seeing you when you return!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

I accidentally left an article of clothing in the closet of my room. Hotel staff tracked down the item and mailed it back to me. I have left items at hotels before and have never had them returned by hotel staff. The Mansfield staff impressed me that they were able to do this for me.

Dear Robert M,

Thank you for taking your time to leave a response on Trip Advisor. I am very happy that our staff was able to find and ship your articles of clothing over to you. I am pleased that you were happy with our service. I look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit New York.

Toledo, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I never write reviews, but...

Booked this hotel on Hotwire. I've frequently stayed across the street at the Algonquin, also through hotwire. I travel 150 days/year, and this was the worst room I've stayed in for several years.

A/C is a wall unit and hard to regulate (blows directly at the head of the bed) and very noisy. Terrible lighting (very, very dark with no natural light). No iron/board (available upon request). Drains in both sink and tub were completely clogged... disgusting. Cell phone didn't work at all in room which is a problem as I travel on business. Wifi cost $15.00. No A/C in restaurant in morning - stifling.

Dear Siegel99,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide our hotel with your feedback. I apologize on behalf of the hotel, for not providing you with the experience you had hoped for; please know our team has been notified of your experience and they hope for your return, so that we may make it up to you. If you decide to give us another try, please feel free to contact me and I will make sure your stay will be nothing short of perfect. Thank you again for your time, and have a great day.

Best,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Lovely historic hotel. Quaint rooms. Comfy and quaint. Location is ideal for seeing the sights. Nice bar,lounge that is quiet and comfortable. Staff is friendly. Affordable. You should not be disappointed.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Lisa G, General Manager at The Mansfield, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Antoinette,

Thank You for choosing the Mansfield Hotel. I am pleased to know that the hotel was able to give you an accommodating stay. I am glad out quaint rooms and our location were to your satisfaction. We look forward to seeing you again.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I stay at the Mansfield when The Cornell Club is full. The rooms are small but clean, quiet, and comfortable. The front desk personnel are always helpful and and polite and the bar is a good place to meet friends and business acquaintances. The location can't be beat.

Dear Michael N,

Thank you for taking your time and leaving us a Trip Advisor Review. We take into account all comments as it is vidal in helping our operation grow. We look forward to seeing you again.

LIsa Grossberg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Loved this boutique hotel and all the amenties. Easy access to everything; steps from Grand Central and Times Square. Extremely friendly staff who takes the time to remember your name and welcome you!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Lisa G, General Manager at The Mansfield, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear LIsa D,

Thank you for choosing the Mansfield hotel and for leaving us a Trip Advisor Review. I am happy to learn that you enjoyed your overall stay and that our staff provided you with excellent service. I will be sure to commend them. Again, Thank you for choosing us, we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in New York.

Lisa Grossberg

Been to The Mansfield? Share your experiences!