“Better than expected!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Mansfield

You added The Mansfield to your Saves list
The Mansfield
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12 West 44th Street, Off of Fifth Avenue, New York City, NY 10036 (Midtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up to 20% Off
Ranked #266 of 463 Hotels in New York City
Lakeland, Florida
“Better than expected!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

I stayed at the Mansfield for part of my spring break vacation (March 23-26). The rooms were not as small as people made them out to be. Yes they are small compared to what I would ususally stay in, but the room was big enough for 2 adults, and a teenager. PLUS you have the added value of location, location, location! A 5 minute walk n one direction to Times Square, and a 10 minute walk (maybe) in the other direction to Grand Central Station. The hotel was clean, the staff very freindly, the beds (2 in my room) slept very well. If you are looking for a hotel based on size alone, this hotel is probably not for you, but if you are looking for a nice clean hotel, with adequate space, and in the middle of everything New York, this is your place!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

david_sandler, General Manager at The Mansfield, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Dear Ray J,

I am extremely happy to read that The Mansfield left you with a positive first impression. We strive to provide all our guests with a luxury liberated experience that exceeds expectations. I am delighted that you were able to find a comfortable stay in our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back and truly appreciate your feedback.

David Sandler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

The staff was fantastic, otherwise the bedding/mattress wasn't comfortable, the bathroom was extremely small, there was no air conditioning, and the tv was small. Based on all this, I think the hotel rates are unreasonable. I would rather walk another few blocks to my destination than pay the rate I did for the experience I had. I should note, I got a Priceline deal otherwise I would have had a chance to read reviews and might have decided otherwise. The location was great.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

david_sandler, General Manager at The Mansfield, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear California Susan,
Dear 248ANB,

Thanks for the feedback on your most recent stay. I'm glad to hear our location was convenient for you and that our staff was friendly. I'm disappointed to hear that you experienced some service issues, and I assure you this is not typical of the customer service we provide. If you decide to give us another chance please feel free to reach out to me directly for your future booking needs.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Great hotel, great location and great value. My only minor concern was the room temperature. It wasn't consistent and we were opening windows and doors or closing them frequently to control the temperature. Otherwise, the rest of our stay was amazing!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Dear, John R

Thank You for taking your time to give a trip advisor review on The Mansfield Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Our prime location is what adds specialty to our hotel. My apologies for the issues regarding the temperature in your room. I will make sure that someone in my staff fixes this problem. I look forward to seeing you again whenever you return to New York.

NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

This was the best price I got over the week, a Sunday night special. Room was small with a double bed. Fit one, or two close friends. Bathroom was equally small, but feels high quality with a strong shower. Aveena supplies. No individual room heat control, not sure if there will be a/c in the Summer. No coffee machine, have to go downstairs in the lobby/library. TV was somewhat snowy. woken up at 5am by neighbors getting ready to go to the airport, no desk but there was a window bench. Location next to 5th avenue. My second choice.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Yapmd,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your recent stay. I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and our location was convenient! We pride ourselves in making every guest stay as memorable as possible. We hope that you will choose to stay with us in your future stays in NYC. Please feel free to call me directly; we will do our best to top your last stay!

Best,

3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

Everything was ok with this hotel until I went to the bathroom and found an inch long cockroach running across the floor. Took a picture and killed it. No action when I informed the reception. A pity since everything elsa was great. Internet was unfortunately not complementary, and no compensation was offered for the inconvenience with the roach.

Dear Johannes W,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide our hotel with your feedback. I apologize on behalf of the hotel, for not providing you with the experience you had hoped for; please know our team has been notified of your experience and they hope for your return, so that we may make it up to you. Please be assured this is not typical of our hotel. If you decide to give us another try, please feel free to contact me and I will make sure your stay will be nothing short of perfect. Thanks you again for your time, and have a great day.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

I spent one night at this hotel in early March. It is a small, older hotel in midtown. It is an easy walk to a subway station with many lines. I found the hotel and got a deal through a discount travel website. I found the staff on duty when I arrived to be helpful and friendly. Breakfast was included in my room rate. They had nothing on the menu that was vegan so they kindly made a fruit cup for me and I had coffee. I was attending a festival and knew I would be eating there so the fruit was enough to tide me over. Otherwise, I would have had to eat elsewhere and the included breakfast would have been useless. It would be nice to see something vegan added to the menu. My room was on the smaller side, but cute and fine for me. The room was very clean. The shower was roomy (I had a room with a roll in shower) with great water pressure. There is no individual heat control and the heat came out in one spot and did not really warm the room properly. There was a charge for wifi in my room, but free wifi in the lobby. There was a room off of the lobby with seating where you can use the wifi and there is also a fancy machine that offers free coffee. The hotel features down comforters which, as a vegan, I do not use. The hotel happily accommodated me with synthetic bedding. It is a completely non-smoking hotel, which I appreciate. The hotel offers a points program for travelers, but I never got to sign up for it since the staff never sent me the link for it despite two requests. Everything being said, I would stay here again if I was able to get a good rate. There are a number of other hotels on the same street and I felt safe walking around at night on my own.

Dear TravellinDays,

Thank you staying with us here at The Mansfield and for providing us feedback following your stay. We pride ourselves in providing the best customer service experience possible. I’m very pleased that you loved the location of The Mansfield. It’s definitely one of the major features that makes our hotel so special. It brings me great pleasure to know that you were most impressed with our breakfast, rooms, and bar throughout your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back!!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

I was looking for a place to rest and some me time. The Mansfield was the perfect place. The staff is great and I was able to get the much needed sleep and time alone I needed. Grand Central Station is just a few blocks away. Rockerfeller Center, Empire State Building, Radio City, Saint Patrick's Cathedral, and Broadway shows are all so close by. Overall it's in a great area.

Dear Luz F,

Thanks for the feedback on your most recent stay. I'm glad to hear our location was convenient for you and that our staff was helpful. We pride ourselves in making every guest stay as memorable as possible. We hope that you will choose to stay with us in your future stays in NYC. Please feel free to call me directly; we will do our best to top your last stay!

David Sandler

Been to The Mansfield? Share your experiences!