“Great location, great staff, great experience!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Mansfield

You added The Mansfield to your Saves list
The Mansfield
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12 West 44th Street, Off of Fifth Avenue, New York City, NY 10036 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Ring in the New Year
Ranked #266 of 459 Hotels in New York City
Fort Worth, Texas
“Great location, great staff, great experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

My wife and I stayed for 3 nights, Jan 2014. We stayed in what i believe they call their JUNIOR SUITE. It was perfect for two of us, and would have worked well if we had brought our children. The room was heated efficiently despite the near zero temperatures we endured during our trip. I was worried initially as our room was right in front of the elevator, but I never once heard any noise from it. I am a very light sleeper, and maybe room 1203 is the quietest room on property, but I slept like a baby every night.
The bathroom is tiny, but that didn't bother us at all. My only real complaint about the entire stay is the shower curtain, it was one of those really light cloth-type curtains that flows into the shower itself while you shower and is annoying. Other than that, we had a great stay.
The front desk was helpful for directions and recommendation, and the bellhop guys were always there to open doors and call cabs when we needed.
We plan on coming back to NYC during warmer weather and The Mansfield will absolutely be our hotel of choice.

Room Tip: After making a reservation, call/email the hotel and give them a heads up about any special needs yo...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
david_sandler, General Manager at The Mansfield, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear Aerainier,

Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience with us. I'm happy to hear our location was convenient for you and that you found our showers spacious. Please let us know next time you're in New York if you'd like to come visit us again, and we’ll accommodate you with a room that better suits your needs. Feel free to reach out to me directly.

Warm Regards,

David Sandler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Charleston, Sc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Great stay in fantastic location! We walked & took subway every where.
The small room size did not matter to me. The room was charming, neat & clean as can be with hardwood floors & windows that open, There was some outside street noises, but not as much as I expected. After having the heat radiator in our room turned down a bit (very prompt response), I slept very comfortably. The fantastic coffee/expresso machine in the library/den is an excellent treat in the cold wintery weather, along with the cozy fireplace. We stopped by a few times during the day to take a warm break from touring around.
Every employee we came in contact with was warm, friendly & helpful - not the cold feeling from many larger chains. The receptionist even made more cookies one evening from my husband, after I took the last one. I had an error on my bill and it was handled very politely and promptly.
We had breakfast included & while a limited menu (with no meat), good choices & service.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear KimnSC,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your recent stay. I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and our rooms were to your liking! We pride ourselves in making every guest stay as memorable as possible. We hope that you will choose to stay with us in your future stays in NYC. Please feel free to call me directly; we will do our best to top your last stay!

Monroe, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

This hotel reminded me of a smart European hotel. The staff was warm and welcoming, which you rarely find in NYC. I enjoyed the nice touches, such as the lemon water and cookies at reception desk, the library, the complimentary coffee/tea station which included espresso and gourmet tea selections. I also enjoyed the complimentary business center and gym. The room is on the small side, not unlike most NYC hotel rooms I have stayed in. The room was exceptionally clean, the bed was very comfortable, the decor was fresh and new. Being able to open the windows was another nice feature. My room was very quiet; I was able to sleep in; I was not disturbed by noise from within or outside of the hotel. The neighborhood is very nice, convenient, and I was able to park my car nearby for a discounted price after having ticket validated at the hotel. I would definitely go out of my way to stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear 802DonnaA,

Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience with us. I'm happy to hear our location was convenient for you and that you found our decor beautiful. Please let us know next time you're in New York if you'd like to come visit us again, and we’ll accommodate you with a room that better suits your needs. Feel free to reach out to me directly.

Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

I stayed at the Mansfield on Jan 24 and 25 to attend a Broadway show with friends and do some shopping. The staff were very friendly and responsive. The hotel reminds me of those in Europe - small elevator, small rooms, but very efficient with the use of space. The room was clean, the bathroom was modern, the bed was comfortable. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Dear Doc2rliz,

Thank you for the wonderful review. We’re delighted you chose to stay with us . We always want to make sure all of our guests have a pleasant stay. If you chose to visit us again, check out our special packages for great deals. We’ll also point you towards our favorite places to drink and dine throughout Manhattan. We hope to see you both again in the future!

Regards,

Jakarta,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights before leaving back to Indonesia again. The location was good because it closed to 5th avenue. The staffs were friendly, and the room well... Old... N the ac was noisy. Other than that, I like the location. It close to central park, bryant park, little korea, grand central, rockefeller center... You name it. and not far from the hotel there was a food stall sell lamb gyros. I have to say it was so delicious and cheap. I will come back again if they give me bigger room.

Room Tip: Look at their promotiion first, because the room here can be pricey.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear Ditan Jim Carey,

We were delighted to receive and so pleased that you enjoyed your first stay at The Mansfield. I am particularly pleased that you have mentioned our Front of House team who demonstrated such great hospitality to you. I will be sure to pass on your positive comments to them. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Regards,

Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Stayed here recently for a "girls getaway" weekend. The service was absolutely impeccable - there was a slight kerfuffle with my reservation (I had booked through Expedia) and they couldn't find my reservation right away, and after they booked me in, they upgraded me to a suite for the "inconvenience" of having to wait a few more minutes to check in. They were also able to accommodate my traveling companion's special request. Everyone we dealt with was professional, kind and courteous.

The rooms are lovely; the property (a building designed by James Renwick) has a wonderful historic feel. Great location - close to theaters and Times Square. There is a comfortable library/sitting room in the front, with an espresso machine that is always available. The "M" Bar is great - I particularly recommend the Pear Martini. The truffled popcorn is a great nibble. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear MC_Bos,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at the Mansfield. I’m glad you found our rooms and amenities were up to your standards. We value your comments and we will take your feed back in order to continue to provide quality service. Our staff is one of the main features that makes our property special. My team and I look forward to your continued visits and take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and service at all times.

Ripon, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 5 nights in January. Location very good. Did not find the receptionist at all helpful at check-in. On checking out we realised this after hearing someone else giving a detailed description of the bar/lounge/food etc at the hotel to another guest checking in! Struggled with the lift (again reception staff didn't help) luckily another guest did! Wasn't overly impressed so wouldn't stay again.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Amyz1987,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide our hotel with your feedback. I apologize on behalf of the hotel, for not providing you with the experience you had hoped for; please know our team has been notified of your experience and they hope for your return, so that we may make it up to you. If you decide to give us another try, please feel free to contact me and I will make sure your stay will be nothing short of perfect. Thanks you again for your time, and have a great day.

David Sandler

Been to The Mansfield? Share your experiences!