My wife and I stayed for 3 nights, Jan 2014. We stayed in what i believe they call their JUNIOR SUITE. It was perfect for two of us, and would have worked well if we had brought our children. The room was heated efficiently despite the near zero temperatures we endured during our trip. I was worried initially as our room was right in front of the elevator, but I never once heard any noise from it. I am a very light sleeper, and maybe room 1203 is the quietest room on property, but I slept like a baby every night.
The bathroom is tiny, but that didn't bother us at all. My only real complaint about the entire stay is the shower curtain, it was one of those really light cloth-type curtains that flows into the shower itself while you shower and is annoying. Other than that, we had a great stay.
The front desk was helpful for directions and recommendation, and the bellhop guys were always there to open doors and call cabs when we needed.
We plan on coming back to NYC during warmer weather and The Mansfield will absolutely be our hotel of choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An architectural and historical landmark, The Mansfield is a portal to a New York City of days gone. Guests of the hotel appreciate its club-like surroundings and superb craftsmanship, as illustrated by the lobby’s detailed illuminated 16-foot ceiling and oval staircases with original terrazzo floors. The Mansfield is located just off of Fifth Avenue at 44th Street, residing within the historic preservation district of Midtown Manhattan, and deep in the heart of the Theater District. The hotel is within a short walk of the finest Fifth Avenue stores, Bryant Park, Times Square, Broadway, Grand Central Station, St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Rockefeller Center, the Empire State Building, Madison Square Garden and the Radio City Music Hall. Guests can enjoy complimentary 24-hour espresso and cappuccino in the hotel's classically-restored Beaux-Arts Club Room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Otel so you can book your The Mansfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mansfield Hotel New York City
- Mansfield New York City
- Mansfield Hotel New York City