“GEM on 44th!” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added The Mansfield to your Saves list
Expedia.com Travelocity
The Mansfield
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12 West 44th Street, Off of Fifth Avenue, New York City, NY 10036 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Breakfast and Wi-Fi
Ranked #245 of 447 hotels in New York City
Charleston, Sc
“GEM on 44th!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Great stay in fantastic location! We walked & took subway every where.
The small room size did not matter to me. The room was charming, neat & clean as can be with hardwood floors & windows that open, There was some outside street noises, but not as much as I expected. After having the heat radiator in our room turned down a bit (very prompt response), I slept very comfortably. The fantastic coffee/expresso machine in the library/den is an excellent treat in the cold wintery weather, along with the cozy fireplace. We stopped by a few times during the day to take a warm break from touring around.
Every employee we came in contact with was warm, friendly & helpful - not the cold feeling from many larger chains. The receptionist even made more cookies one evening from my husband, after I took the last one. I had an error on my bill and it was handled very politely and promptly.
We had breakfast included & while a limited menu (with no meat), good choices & service.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

david_sandler, General Manager at The Mansfield, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear KimnSC,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your recent stay. I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and our rooms were to your liking! We pride ourselves in making every guest stay as memorable as possible. We hope that you will choose to stay with us in your future stays in NYC. Please feel free to call me directly; we will do our best to top your last stay!

988 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Monroe, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

This hotel reminded me of a smart European hotel. The staff was warm and welcoming, which you rarely find in NYC. I enjoyed the nice touches, such as the lemon water and cookies at reception desk, the library, the complimentary coffee/tea station which included espresso and gourmet tea selections. I also enjoyed the complimentary business center and gym. The room is on the small side, not unlike most NYC hotel rooms I have stayed in. The room was exceptionally clean, the bed was very comfortable, the decor was fresh and new. Being able to open the windows was another nice feature. My room was very quiet; I was able to sleep in; I was not disturbed by noise from within or outside of the hotel. The neighborhood is very nice, convenient, and I was able to park my car nearby for a discounted price after having ticket validated at the hotel. I would definitely go out of my way to stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear 802DonnaA,

Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience with us. I'm happy to hear our location was convenient for you and that you found our decor beautiful. Please let us know next time you're in New York if you'd like to come visit us again, and we’ll accommodate you with a room that better suits your needs. Feel free to reach out to me directly.

Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

I stayed at the Mansfield on Jan 24 and 25 to attend a Broadway show with friends and do some shopping. The staff were very friendly and responsive. The hotel reminds me of those in Europe - small elevator, small rooms, but very efficient with the use of space. The room was clean, the bathroom was modern, the bed was comfortable. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Dear Doc2rliz,

Thank you for the wonderful review. We’re delighted you chose to stay with us . We always want to make sure all of our guests have a pleasant stay. If you chose to visit us again, check out our special packages for great deals. We’ll also point you towards our favorite places to drink and dine throughout Manhattan. We hope to see you both again in the future!

Regards,

Jakarta,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights before leaving back to Indonesia again. The location was good because it closed to 5th avenue. The staffs were friendly, and the room well... Old... N the ac was noisy. Other than that, I like the location. It close to central park, bryant park, little korea, grand central, rockefeller center... You name it. and not far from the hotel there was a food stall sell lamb gyros. I have to say it was so delicious and cheap. I will come back again if they give me bigger room.

Room Tip: Look at their promotiion first, because the room here can be pricey.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear Ditan Jim Carey,

We were delighted to receive and so pleased that you enjoyed your first stay at The Mansfield. I am particularly pleased that you have mentioned our Front of House team who demonstrated such great hospitality to you. I will be sure to pass on your positive comments to them. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Regards,

Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Stayed here recently for a "girls getaway" weekend. The service was absolutely impeccable - there was a slight kerfuffle with my reservation (I had booked through Expedia) and they couldn't find my reservation right away, and after they booked me in, they upgraded me to a suite for the "inconvenience" of having to wait a few more minutes to check in. They were also able to accommodate my traveling companion's special request. Everyone we dealt with was professional, kind and courteous.

The rooms are lovely; the property (a building designed by James Renwick) has a wonderful historic feel. Great location - close to theaters and Times Square. There is a comfortable library/sitting room in the front, with an espresso machine that is always available. The "M" Bar is great - I particularly recommend the Pear Martini. The truffled popcorn is a great nibble. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear MC_Bos,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at the Mansfield. I’m glad you found our rooms and amenities were up to your standards. We value your comments and we will take your feed back in order to continue to provide quality service. Our staff is one of the main features that makes our property special. My team and I look forward to your continued visits and take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and service at all times.

Ripon, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 5 nights in January. Location very good. Did not find the receptionist at all helpful at check-in. On checking out we realised this after hearing someone else giving a detailed description of the bar/lounge/food etc at the hotel to another guest checking in! Struggled with the lift (again reception staff didn't help) luckily another guest did! Wasn't overly impressed so wouldn't stay again.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Amyz1987,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide our hotel with your feedback. I apologize on behalf of the hotel, for not providing you with the experience you had hoped for; please know our team has been notified of your experience and they hope for your return, so that we may make it up to you. If you decide to give us another try, please feel free to contact me and I will make sure your stay will be nothing short of perfect. Thanks you again for your time, and have a great day.

Pawcatuck, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

We too ended up here on a name your price deal from Priceline and could not have been happier. The hotel location is fantastic and the rooms, while small are sufficient. It's true that there are no drawers for clothing, etc. but that's really not a deal breaker. A lot of reviews here talk about the junior suites, but we had just a regular room, and it was plenty big enough for a couple - much bigger than some other rooms I've had in NYC.The room was lovely with hardwood floors, comfortable bed, window seat (the cushion was a little grubby), and antique walnut trim everywhere. The bathroom was super tiny - you probably would not be able to use the shower if you were pregnant, for instance, and you probably shouldn't drop the soap, but again absolutely fine for our purposes because we were neither pregnant nor klutzy. There was an overhead light in addition to bed and desk lamps - not sure about the reviews that refer to dark rooms - just the wood trim is dark. The public spaces (library with espresso machine and fireplace and bar) are also charming. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: If you are a larger person (tall, broad) you might make sure you have a bathroom on the larger side...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Thom-Shap,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at the Shoreham. I’m glad you found our rooms to your satisfaction and our amenities were up to your standards. We value your comments and we will take your feed back in order to continue to provide quality service. Our location and decore are the key features that makes our property special and a true hidden gem! My team and I look forward to your continued visits and take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and service at all times.

Warm Regards,

David Sandler

Been to The Mansfield? Share your experiences!