“Charming, friendly, economical and in a great location!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Mansfield

You added The Mansfield to your Saves list
The Mansfield
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12 West 44th Street, Off of Fifth Avenue, New York City, NY 10036 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Ring in the New Year
Ranked #267 of 458 Hotels in New York City
Des Moines, Iowa
“Charming, friendly, economical and in a great location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

I stayed at the Mansfield on Jan 24 and 25 to attend a Broadway show with friends and do some shopping. The staff were very friendly and responsive. The hotel reminds me of those in Europe - small elevator, small rooms, but very efficient with the use of space. The room was clean, the bathroom was modern, the bed was comfortable. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
david_sandler, General Manager at The Mansfield, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear Doc2rliz,

Thank you for the wonderful review. We’re delighted you chose to stay with us . We always want to make sure all of our guests have a pleasant stay. If you chose to visit us again, check out our special packages for great deals. We’ll also point you towards our favorite places to drink and dine throughout Manhattan. We hope to see you both again in the future!

David Sandler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Jakarta,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights before leaving back to Indonesia again. The location was good because it closed to 5th avenue. The staffs were friendly, and the room well... Old... N the ac was noisy. Other than that, I like the location. It close to central park, bryant park, little korea, grand central, rockefeller center... You name it. and not far from the hotel there was a food stall sell lamb gyros. I have to say it was so delicious and cheap. I will come back again if they give me bigger room.

Room Tip: Look at their promotiion first, because the room here can be pricey.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear Ditan Jim Carey,

We were delighted to receive and so pleased that you enjoyed your first stay at The Mansfield. I am particularly pleased that you have mentioned our Front of House team who demonstrated such great hospitality to you. I will be sure to pass on your positive comments to them. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Stayed here recently for a "girls getaway" weekend. The service was absolutely impeccable - there was a slight kerfuffle with my reservation (I had booked through Expedia) and they couldn't find my reservation right away, and after they booked me in, they upgraded me to a suite for the "inconvenience" of having to wait a few more minutes to check in. They were also able to accommodate my traveling companion's special request. Everyone we dealt with was professional, kind and courteous.

The rooms are lovely; the property (a building designed by James Renwick) has a wonderful historic feel. Great location - close to theaters and Times Square. There is a comfortable library/sitting room in the front, with an espresso machine that is always available. The "M" Bar is great - I particularly recommend the Pear Martini. The truffled popcorn is a great nibble. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear MC_Bos,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at the Mansfield. I’m glad you found our rooms and amenities were up to your standards. We value your comments and we will take your feed back in order to continue to provide quality service. Our staff is one of the main features that makes our property special. My team and I look forward to your continued visits and take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and service at all times.

Best,

Ripon, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 5 nights in January. Location very good. Did not find the receptionist at all helpful at check-in. On checking out we realised this after hearing someone else giving a detailed description of the bar/lounge/food etc at the hotel to another guest checking in! Struggled with the lift (again reception staff didn't help) luckily another guest did! Wasn't overly impressed so wouldn't stay again.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Amyz1987,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide our hotel with your feedback. I apologize on behalf of the hotel, for not providing you with the experience you had hoped for; please know our team has been notified of your experience and they hope for your return, so that we may make it up to you. If you decide to give us another try, please feel free to contact me and I will make sure your stay will be nothing short of perfect. Thanks you again for your time, and have a great day.

Best,

Pawcatuck, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

We too ended up here on a name your price deal from Priceline and could not have been happier. The hotel location is fantastic and the rooms, while small are sufficient. It's true that there are no drawers for clothing, etc. but that's really not a deal breaker. A lot of reviews here talk about the junior suites, but we had just a regular room, and it was plenty big enough for a couple - much bigger than some other rooms I've had in NYC.The room was lovely with hardwood floors, comfortable bed, window seat (the cushion was a little grubby), and antique walnut trim everywhere. The bathroom was super tiny - you probably would not be able to use the shower if you were pregnant, for instance, and you probably shouldn't drop the soap, but again absolutely fine for our purposes because we were neither pregnant nor klutzy. There was an overhead light in addition to bed and desk lamps - not sure about the reviews that refer to dark rooms - just the wood trim is dark. The public spaces (library with espresso machine and fireplace and bar) are also charming. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: If you are a larger person (tall, broad) you might make sure you have a bathroom on the larger side...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Thom-Shap,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at the Shoreham. I’m glad you found our rooms to your satisfaction and our amenities were up to your standards. We value your comments and we will take your feed back in order to continue to provide quality service. Our location and decore are the key features that makes our property special and a true hidden gem! My team and I look forward to your continued visits and take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and service at all times.

Warm Regards,

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

The Hotel was great. It was a special night as I was surprising my wife with a weekend in the city. I booked a ROH room and wrote an email to the General Manager explaining the surprise and the importance of the weekend. I asked if there was anything special he could do to help make the weekend memorable. To my surprise when I checked in I walked into a beautiful 2 bedroom apartment style room with a fireplace and chocolates. What a wonderful surprise and yet another reason why the Mansfield is so awesome. This is a prime example of a hotel going above and beyond for their guests. The whole staff and experience will be one that my family remembers for quite a while. I highly recommend this hotel for anyone who is looking for something special and beyond the cookie cutter Hiltons and Marriott's. Thank You Mr. Sandler I appreciate your generosity!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Randango,

Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience with us. We were truly delighted that you enjoyed your stay during this special occasion.We know how important the small details are when it comes to choosing a hotel, and we promise we will always try to continue to impress you! We look forward to welcoming you back.

New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Ended up here through a Name Your Price Priceline deal. The room was definitely smaller than any other I had been in, but fit my needs perfectly. The hotel was quite charming with a helpful, courteous staff. Was there during an NYC blizzard and the library fireplace was a delightful plus!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Anne P,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at the Shoreham. I’m glad you found our staff helpful. We value your comments and we will take your feed back in order to continue to provide quality service. Our location is one of the key features that makes our property special and a true hidden gem! My team and I look forward to welcoming you back.

David Sandler

Been to The Mansfield? Share your experiences!