Great location if you need to be in Midtown. Yes, the rooms are small, but it is Manhattan. Staff was friendly and nice although to be honest, the guys seemed to be doing everything. The female staff I came in contact with was not knowledgeable of the area or the basic functions of working the front desk. Book ahead and you can get some good deals. I got a junior suite that allowed me to spread out a bit and that was still considerable less than hotel rooms at most NYC hotels. The A/C units are in window units and they ran the entire 4 days I was there. My room smelled a bit musty, but it cleared out eventually.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An architectural and historical landmark, The Mansfield is a portal to a New York City of days gone. Guests of the hotel appreciate its club-like surroundings and superb craftsmanship, as illustrated by the lobby’s detailed illuminated 16-foot ceiling and oval staircases with original terrazzo floors. The Mansfield is located just off of Fifth Avenue at 44th Street, residing within the historic preservation district of Midtown Manhattan, and deep in the heart of the Theater District. The hotel is within a short walk of the finest Fifth Avenue stores, Bryant Park, Times Square, Broadway, Grand Central Station, St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Rockefeller Center, the Empire State Building, Madison Square Garden and the Radio City Music Hall. Guests can enjoy complimentary 24-hour espresso and cappuccino in the hotel's classically-restored Beaux-Arts Club Room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline and Otel so you can book your The Mansfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mansfield Hotel New York City
- Mansfield New York City
- Mansfield Hotel New York City