“Loved the little treats and caring service at the Mansfield” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Mansfield

You added The Mansfield to your Saves list
The Mansfield
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12 West 44th Street, Off of Fifth Avenue, New York City, NY 10036 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Ring in the New Year
Ranked #266 of 459 Hotels in New York City
New York
“Loved the little treats and caring service at the Mansfield”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Many special thanks for Joanna for her warm welcome and the upgrade to a suite for me and my 11 year-old son. The extra space and privacy were a real bonus. All of the staff were friendly, prompt and helpful at all times; however, Joanna deserves particular mention because I found her not only professional and courteous, but also genuinely warm and caring.

We really appreciated the little touches like the cappuccino machine, and the beautiful room in which to enjoy it, as well as the bowl of fresh apples and, most of all the cookies!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

david_sandler, General Manager at The Mansfield, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear liisa111,
I will be sure to personally pass on to Joanna your thanks for her helpful service during your stay. All of our team members strive to care for and help our guests in any way possible, and it is great to hear when they go above and beyond. Thank you for taking the time to note Joanna and the rest of our team. It is great to hear that you enjoyed our amenities including the cappuccino machine, apples and of course the cookies. We hope that you come back and visit us at The Mansfield on your next trip to New York, we would love to see you and your family again!

David Sandler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

The location of the Hotel to all major sites was amazing! Only 1.5 blocks to Times Square and about a 10 min walk to Central Park with lots to see on the way. It was also very quiet at night which was great! Location wise this Hotel is a 11/10!

Dear Trevor G,
To hear you are very pleased with your stay makes my day as well. 11 out of 10 is a great grade that encourages our team to continue with the exemplary service. Thank you for the time you took out of your day to review our hotel as all reviews will help our team grow. Please come back and visit us soon as we would love to repeat your perfect stay!

Reigate, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Only stayed here one night as was visiting NY for the weekend. The location is excellent, right in the heart of everything. I had a small room at the back of the hotel overlooking an inner courtyard. Initally I was given a room next to a noisy air conditioning outlet from the hotel next door, but the desk clerk switched me with kindly efficiency when I asked if there was a quieter room. It was dark but decently quiet. Although the room was small, it was perfectly adequate and clean - the bed was comfy, the shower good and hot. It's an old building and I thought it was charming compared to the bland chain hotels you get too often in the US. The room rate I got was very good compared to other places in New York too. I would rate this hotel more of a 3.5 star than 4 star, but I feel that is reflected in the prices they charge.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms directly to the right side of the hotel at around levels 5-6. They look out over a...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
david_sandler, General Manager at The Mansfield, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Stuut50,
It is very great to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The Mansfield! Thank you for staying with us in our boutique hotel, we love to give our guests their every wish and are extremely pleased when they are happy with the results! Like many New York hotels are rooms are on the smaller side, but we are happy to hear they were clean and to your satisfaction as well. Thank you for taking time to review our hotel as all reviews will help us succeed in proving 100% guest satisfaction. On your next visit to New York please visit us again!

Melbourne,Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I recently stayed in the Mansfield for 7 nights in early June in a Junior Suite. I did find in my search for a hotel in New York that it is appears difficult to get "bang for your buck". However I was very satisied with the Mansfield as far as quality and value for money goes. The position of the hotel is outstanding and though the room and bathroom were small it didn't feel claustrophobic. The staff were extremely helpful and offered some great ideas and handy hints for a first time New York tourist. The room was clean and was well looked after by cleaning staff each day when making up the room. Though the airconditioner may be to loud for some guests in their rooms I did not find this an issue as leaving it on a low setting throughout the day and switching off when I went to bed meant the room stayed comfortable. I also enjoyed an excellent meal at the attached bar. Overall I would not hesitate in staying at this hotel again and recommending it

Dear B_Travel_7
What a pleasure it is for us to hear that you “would not hesitate” to stay at The Mansfield again. We love that type of feedback. My team is thrilled to hear that the service, amenities, room and cleanliness was great. I will be sure to pass on the good news to the M Bar as I know they will be happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We are also pleased to hear that you enjoyed the location, as it is very close to many of the popular New York attractions. We hope you make the choice to get the best “bang for your buck” at The Mansfield at your next visit to New York City. Again thank you for staying with us and reviewing our hotel. Come back soon!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We liked this hotel because of it's great location (5-10 minute walk from Time Square, right on 5th Avenue), it's historic charm and overall cleanliness. However, the rooms are tiny (I suppose this is normal for NYC), the lighting in the room was very dim and our mattress was very soft.

Dear 100squeaky,
It is great to hear from our guests about your stay at the Mansfield. Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review the hotel our team loves the feedback. It pleases not only me but also my team to hear that you had a good time at the Mansfield! I hope that you choose to stay with us again on your next visit to the Big Apple!

San Francisco
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for 3 nights. I was not satisfied. I was just not comfortable here. The room we stayed in felt dirty- the bedding, towels, bathroom, floor. There was no ironing board or iron, we had to ask for these. There was no blow dryer. The wood floors made the room feel cold. I don't know if it would have made a difference but the scaffolding outside our room seemed to block out the sunlight. It was difficult to sleep at night because it was so noisy. The windows were so thin it was as if they were wide open. The hotel provides ear plugs but who wants to sleep with those? I don't want to stay at this place again and I won't recommend this hotel to anyone. The only positives about this place is the concierge and the location. Robert Licata, the concierge guy, is very helpful. He recommended a yummy restaurant, Xian Famous Food. He was also very friendly. On the very last day at the Mansfield, my dad was trying to bring out to the sidewalk two of our very heavy suitcases and one of the employees did not bother to help my dad and the employee clearly saw my dad struggling. It was very disappointing. Mr. Licata came out to speak with my dad. He told my dad that he will notify management of the issue. Thank you for your professionalism, Mr. Licata! The location of this hotel is great. It's conveniently located to Times Square, Bryant Park, Grand Central Station, Fifth Ave.

• Stayed June 2013
david_sandler, General Manager at The Mansfield, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear alohasun83,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to provide the hotel with this review. All the information you have provided us will assist us in helping the team become more customer focused. I appreciate your candidness and I assure you the team will not take this lightly. They all care for our guests but unfortunately during this visit we missed a lot. We hope that you might give us another chance to change your mind about the hotel. Please reach out to me and I will be more than happy to assist you. Thank you again for providing information which will help us succeed in the future.

Gainesville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

size of room was small but it is nyc and you only sleep and shower there anyway. staff was wonderful and location was perfect for dinner,museums and hitting the subway. we choose based on reviews, a room in the back that was quiet but dark and we were fine with that. you can have more light in a front room but more street noise, we will stay there again

Dear Lance S,
Thank you for staying with us at the Mansfield Hotel. From the sounds of your review it seems like we made a good first impression on you. We hope the next time you are in NYC you will choose to stay with us again. It is great to welcome people back and I hope we can do that with you. Thanks again for reviewing the hotel.
David Sandler

Been to The Mansfield? Share your experiences!