Stayed here for a quick overnight trip to NYC. The location is great and the price was unbelievable for the location. Check in was ok (a bit slow), but got a room on the 12.5 floor-Penthouse 2. Went to the 12th floor and realized I had to climb a staircase to get to an additional floor where there were 2 more rooms. It was a Penthouse in name only, but the room was nice but small-but what do you expect for the price. Others in my traveling party complained the bathrooms were very small, but actually mine was decent size. The room was appointed nicely at first glance. There were just some minor things I had issues:
1) The bed was comfortable, but the sheets felt cheap.
2) The blinds on the window cheap (gaps in them letting light in) and they had not been dusted in not telling how long.
Did eat and have a drink in the restaurant downstairs. It was good food (grilled cheese was nice). The employees weren't rude, but I would say they weren't overly friendly either. My summation of this hotel is it is fine for a quick business trip to NYC, but not sure if I would stay here on a trip longer than a day or so with another person. There were a lot of things to like about the hotel, but just enough minor things that left me a little disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An architectural and historical landmark, The Mansfield is a portal to a New York City of days gone. Guests of the hotel appreciate its club-like surroundings and superb craftsmanship, as illustrated by the lobby’s detailed illuminated 16-foot ceiling and oval staircases with original terrazzo floors. The Mansfield is located just off of Fifth Avenue at 44th Street, residing within the historic preservation district of Midtown Manhattan, and deep in the heart of the Theater District. The hotel is within a short walk of the finest Fifth Avenue stores, Bryant Park, Times Square, Broadway, Grand Central Station, St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Rockefeller Center, the Empire State Building, Madison Square Garden and the Radio City Music Hall. Guests can enjoy complimentary 24-hour espresso and cappuccino in the hotel's classically-restored Beaux-Arts Club Room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Mansfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mansfield Hotel New York City
- Mansfield New York City
- Mansfield Hotel New York City