This is a no-frills boutique hotel that couldn't be better situated to midtown Manhattan.
The advantages: location, location, location! Short walk to Times Square, 5th Ave., Broadway, and subway stops. Clean hotel with an outstanding, friendly, helpful, responsive staff. (These folks could staff a 5-star hotel.) Surprisingly well-outfitted gym for its size. Free wifi throughout the hotel. Comfortable beds & low noise make for a great night sleep. Stunning bathroom - large tile room with a walk-in shower than could probably accommodate 6 people. Good restaurant. Ridiculously affordable hotel - one of the best bargains you'll find in NYC. They could charge more just based on location.
The disadvantages: The rooms are small and dark, mainly because the woodwork (including hardwood floors) is dark. There is almost no way to make the room seem bright. Between that and there being no free TV channels, it's not a room you want to spend time in. But this is NYC, and you should get off your can and out of your hotel room anyway!
Bottom line: I would recommend staying here.
- Also Known As:
- The Mansfield Hotel New York City
- The Mansfield Hotel
- Mansfield New York City
- Mansfield Hotel New York City
- Mansfield Hotel New York
- Mansfield Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An architectural and historical landmark, The Mansfield is a portal to a New York City of days gone. Guests of the hotel appreciate its club-like surroundings and superb craftsmanship, as illustrated by the lobby’s detailed illuminated 16-foot ceiling and oval staircases with original terrazzo floors. The Mansfield is located just off of Fifth Avenue at 44th Street, residing within the historic preservation district of Midtown Manhattan, and deep in the heart of the Theater District. The hotel is within a short walk of the finest Fifth Avenue stores, Bryant Park, Times Square, Broadway, Grand Central Station, St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Rockefeller Center, the Empire State Building, Madison Square Garden and the Radio City Music Hall. Guests can enjoy complimentary 24-hour espresso and cappuccino in the hotel's classically-restored Beaux-Arts Club Room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Olotels, Amex, Travelocity, Expedia, Venere, Otel, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda and Tingo so you can book your The Mansfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.