This place was nothing special. The only reason It was 3/5 and not 2/5 was the price, couldn't beat the price staying 2 blocks off Times Square. Let me run down the positives first, cause that list is short. The price was great for the location, the lobby had this nice little library area to relax and have some cappuccino from their machine. That's all of the good things to say unfortunately.
I get that it is NYC so I was expecting the small rooms, they were ok, not as small as I was expecting. When we first got to our room, it was like a sauna, the heat was cranked up really high. And we couldn't adjust it ourselves, even though there was a thermostat remote sitting on the desk. Had to call up maintenance and turn it off cause it's a very old building. The bed and the window seat were very old and falling apart. The bed was very bouncy, whenever my wife or I would move, it was like an earthquake. After the first night there of our 2 night stay, something happened in their system and our room keycards did not work anymore, we spent at least 10 mins at the front desk trying to get the working again, and they had no idea what happened.
It was just an OK place to stay, nothing special, which is a shame given the location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An architectural and historical landmark, The Mansfield is a portal to a New York City of days gone. Guests of the hotel appreciate its club-like surroundings and superb craftsmanship, as illustrated by the lobby’s detailed illuminated 16-foot ceiling and oval staircases with original terrazzo floors. The Mansfield is located just off of Fifth Avenue at 44th Street, residing within the historic preservation district of Midtown Manhattan, and deep in the heart of the Theater District. The hotel is within a short walk of the finest Fifth Avenue stores, Bryant Park, Times Square, Broadway, Grand Central Station, St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Rockefeller Center, the Empire State Building, Madison Square Garden and the Radio City Music Hall. Guests can enjoy complimentary 24-hour espresso and cappuccino in the hotel's classically-restored Beaux-Arts Club Room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Amex, Agoda, Tingo, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your The Mansfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mansfield Hotel New York City
- Mansfield New York City
- Mansfield Hotel New York City